TAMU Class of 2022 - Admissions Decisions

@rachiefj would you mind posting your stats? Congrats!

I’m still waiting to hear, my step dad and step brother both graduated from Tamu and I want to go as well!

@HopefulAg22 Sure! I’d be glad to.
Review Admit, accepted 12/15
Class rank: Top Quarter (3 out of 27)
Weighted GPA: 4.37 Unweighted: 4.0
ACT: 27, no SAT
Officer in StuCo, NHS, and BPA almost every year
Varsity basketball, Cross Country, and Tennis
Lots of service hours and most of my family attended TAMU. Hope this helps!

@rachiefj thanks so much and congrats! Similar stats hoping for good news next month.

!@rachiefj Congrats!! When did you apply?

I applied on July 1st haha

Review Process (will likely hear back in February)
3rd Quarter of class (My high school doesn’t rank)
ACT: 30
Unweighted GPA: 3.1
Varsity Basketball three years, hopeful eagle scout (working towards that now), service trip to Nicaragua covering 60 hours
Had some strong rec letters from family friends on 12th man board

My question is if I am a hopeful business major and get offered to go to Blinn-team, how difficult is it to get into the business school from Blinn? I’m dying to go and the wait till February might just kill me, but I hope all goes well!

Also very glad to find a forum with many answers to questions I had. This is great!

Additionally, I was a member of Spanish club for two years, was in a school play, was Vice President of the sophomore class, on the newspaper staff my senior year, was on varsity cross country my junior year worked a landscaping summer job freshman and sophomore year for 30 hours a week, and had an internship with a light and sound company for 40 hours a week.

Mixed up my weighted and unweighted gpa in my previous comment… weighted is 3.1… unweighted is 5.2

Also the service hours previously mentioned should be 80 instead of 60…

If anyone has any way to scale what my chances would be, that would be greatly appreciated.

@Kuehne410

You’ll get accepted into the BlinnTeam with a 30 on the ACT.

BlinnTeam is great, but do I have any shot getting in on the main campus?

@Shadowsych

@Kuehne410

Look at your AIS, and if it says your ranking is “Top Quarter,” then you’re almost guaranteed to get admitted into the main campus and even your major. One of my friends who was in the Third Quarter also attends a school that did not rank, and when he checked his AIS it said that his ranking was in the “Top Quarter.” Texas A&M makes their own ranking for schools who do not rank their students, so your school not ranking might actually help you get into the main campus.

Also, if on your ACT exam you got a higher than 27 on the Math and English section and you’re considered “Top Quarter,” then you’re an academic admit which means you’re 100% will be admitted into the University.

Third quarter applicants are likely to receive PSA, even those with good SAT or ACT scores. The shot at Blinn Team is a reach. Full admit is a no.

Of all of the 2021 applicants on CC, third quarter applicants received PSA, as did many second quarter with good SAT/ACT scores, and even some first quarter that had low scores.

@Shadowsych
Where can I find that? In my AIS it says my class rank is 3rd Quarter… is that it or is there another ranking that I can find?

Seems like that 3rd quarter is what’s holding me back… If I do go to BlinnTeam… what’s the process like for getting in the main campus and trying to get my major (Marketing)? Is it hard for Blinn guys to get into the business school?

@Kuehne410 Blinn has admissions agreements with TAMU for entrance into Mays. Here is the link http://blinnteam.tamu.edu/AdmissionAgreements.aspx If you satisfy the requirements, then it is assured transition into Mays.

Yes, being third quarter does not put you in favorable circumstances for a university with a 47% acceptance rate. However, if there was a circumstance for why you are in 3rd quarter (A&M assigned you that rank based on your school’s grading profile and your GPA if your school does not rank) and you wrote about that circumstance in one of your essay’s, then that could get you a spot in Gateway. It is just hard to say without knowing your whole profile.

It would be wise to have some other schools for back up for your major and in affordability.

@Thelma2 @Shadowsych

Thank you for the honest and detailed responses. They are extremely helpful for me and my college process. I appreciate

anyone know how to register to take the ACT at a&m?

@HopefulAg22 http://testing.tamu.edu/Exams/ACT

I also posted this information on the TAMU holistic review thread.

My daughter was accepted to TAMU College Station on 12/15.

Application Date: Mid October
GPA and Class Rank: 3.7 and 11%
ACT Composite: 25
SAT: Didn’t take
College applied for: Texas A&M College Station
Major in that College: Zoology
ECs: HOSA; National Honor Society; Mission Trip to Uganda; part-time job for 1 year
Did you do all 3 essays: Yes and 1 Letter of Recommendation
What is your highlight that you feel will make you stand out in the review process? Essays and Class Rank
In state/Out of State: In State
Current Status on AIS: Accepted

@Thelma2 thank you!!