TAMU Class of 2022 - Admissions Decisions

I got into A&M back in October but am doign the housing application right now. I was wondering if the Living Learning Program would be a good idea to join?

Submitted September 21…still waiting
Review admit
Top 20% barely in big high school
ACT - 28 (30 math)
3 essays
Good rec letters
Average extracurriculars
5 AP tests taken ( four 3’s and one 2) and taking several more and dual credit this year.
Worked part time consistently for almost two years

I’ve seen some trickling out of Review admit decisions. Do you think they’ll ramp up a bit in the next few weeks?

@Tiberon08 what major did you apply for? And sure am hoping they will send out more decisions sometime this month, so far they have barely notified any review applicants.

Sorry…Physics Thanks for the info. I haven’t heard many Review decisions so glad to hear they should start coming soon. I got 3’s on AP tests including Physics 1 and 2, World History and US History. Got a 2 on English. Given my info, what do you think of my chances for full admission?

@Tiberon08 honestly I’m not the best one to chance you since I am a review applicant still waiting myself (I applied for Biology), but I do know an ACT of a 28 is above the university average and to me your stats look good! Hoping we all start to hear soon.

I got admitted into TAMU Engineering Honors today! I’m going for computer science, and I got admitted back in November for regular computer science.

My stats:
30 ACT (35 Math, 33 Reading, 26 Science, 25 English) with a 8/12 essay
Top 14% of my class (my school does not rank)
4.22 Weighted GPA
3.71 Unweighted GPA
Sent a 7 page expanded resume with my extracurricular activities and multiple leaderships pertaining to my major
Sent 1 Letter of recommendation from my 11th grade Honors Pre-Calculus Teacher

You can check if you got admitted into the Engineering honors program if you look at your @tamu email.

Mail me if you have any questions.

@Shadowsych

Congrats on honors.

Do you have an @tamu email account because you earlier accepted admissions offer to TAMU and therefore was permitted to create an @tamu account? Or, can any admitted student (like auto-admit), even if have not accepted the admissions, have an @tamu account (and so my daughter may have email at that account but she is unaware)?

@WineDrinker I do not know if I was able to create a @tamu email because I accepted the offers of admissions. You can make a @tamu email at this website: http://google.tamu.edu/

My son’s Texas A&M application is showing he is ranked in the 2nd quarter. His highschool doesn’t rank. Does that mean Texas A&M ranked him? He’s not sure where that ranking came from.

Yes. If a school does not rank, they assign a rank. My understanding is that they use the transcript and the high school profile supplied by the high school to determine the rank.

When did you get your UIN: September 15
When did you receive your admission decision: still waiting
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Review Admit
Major/College of Choice: Business
Class Rank: 2nd quarter
SAT: 1270 (700 math)
extracurriculars: 4 sports all four years, over 200 service hours, NHS
GPA: 4.15(weighted) 3.43(unweighted)

I have heard they are majorly behind, is that true?

When did you get your UIN: September 15
When did you receive your admission decision: still waiting
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Review Admit
Major/College of Choice: Business
Class Rank: 2nd quarter
SAT: 1270 (700 math)
extracurriculars: 4 sports all four years, over 200 service hours, NHS
GPA: 4.15(weighted) 3.43(unweighted)

I have heard they are majorly behind, is that true?

Can someone please review my chances of admissions?

GPA: 3.62 unweighted
Top Quarter
I take all AP courses and I go to a very competitive private school.
SAT: 1310…650 Reading and writing, 660 Math
ACT: 27…30 English and 29 Math
Wrote 3 great essays and submitted 2 letters of recommendation
NHS and President of the Spanish Club
Sunday School Teacher and Summer Camp Counselor

Any advice would be very beneficial! Thank You!

When did you apply: December 13
When did you get your UIN: December December 18
When did you receive your admission decision: January 8
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit?: Auto
Major/College of Choice: Biomedical Sciences/College of Veterinary Medicine
Did you get in: Yes
Honors program: Didn’t apply, probably should of
Class Rank: 43/486, though technically higher than this
SAT: 1330
ACT: Didn’t take it

If anybody could give me an idea of what kind of acceptance (if any) I’m looking at, that would be great!

My application is complete and in review right now! I’m majoring in education, and my GPA is a 3.96 with a class rank of 76/636 (not quite top 10%). My ACT composite score is a 28, but I have two low subject scores, science and math, that are at a 24 and 25. I am involved in a bit of community service and a couple clubs at school, but I’m not president or a leader of anything. However, I am part of an internship program and held a job for almost two years, which they will hopefully take into consideration. I completed all three essays and submitted my application the first morning it opened.

I would really appreciate any help!

@ee2121 you sound like exactly the candidate Tamu admits. I would think full admission based on act and ranking. Not trying to give false hope, but based on what I have seen… that’s my gut. Keep us posted!!

@rwb1030 where are you in top quarter?

When did you apply: 11/22/2017
When did you get your UIN: 11/29/2017
When did you receive your admission decision: Pending
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: my son is a Review Admit
Major/College of Choice: History
Did you get in: Hope he did
Honors program: NO
Class Rank: to quater
SAT: 1070
ACT: wasnt able to take it

My son is in the top 25 percent of his school but under rank on the AIS is says 94/397 is that normal?

What are his chances for acceptance?
His NON weighted GPA is 3.56
His Weighted GPA is 4.20
SAT: 1070
He has participated in Band and an animation academy in high school. He has volunteered with church for years. His SAT scores are low as he isnt the best test taker.

@dkrawiec Yes in AIS it lists exactly what the transcript says… i.e. actual rank not top quarter, etc. So he’s top 23.67% in their eyes. I hate the standardized testing as I agree, it doesn’t help those that are not good test takers. His SAT is low for TAMU and being at the borderline for top 25% won’t help boost that component on the 50% academic weight. HOWEVER, there’s always the other 50% that can make him really stand out!!! Good luck and please keep us posted!

@AggieMomhelp I’m in the top 12%