TAMU Class of 2022 - Admissions Decisions

@rwb1030 I believe you have an excellent shot at full admittance based on others that have been accepted already for next year plus last year stats! Hang tight!

A composite score of 30 on the ACT 27/27 is an automatic acceptance, correct?

@texasag should be…

@texasag Yes a 30 comp with 27/27 is auto, however, you also need to be in the top 25% of your class.

Does anyone know if there is an admitted student visitation day or weekend?

When did you apply: 9/5/17
When did you get your UIN: 9/11/17
When did you receive your admission decision: 9/17/17 Auto Academic Admit
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit:Yes, Yes, Engineering Holistic Review Admitted Gen Engineering 11/21/17
Major/College of Choice: Engineering, BioMed and Aerospace
Did you get in: Yes, first round.
Honors program: Yes
GPA 3.916/4.0 UW
Class Rank: 3/100
SAT: 1370, Math 690, Reading 680, 34’s on all exam component scores.
ACT: 32 , English 34, Math 27, Reading 33, Science 34,
Writing 8
EC Theatre OAP ITS NHS
Not employed

You can go anytime But there will be New Student Conferences all Summer you will need to sign up for. There will also be a Fish camp.

@Mommyof2girls…I meant an admitted student but not committed student event. Different from a potential student or enrolled student visit. Some schools have them as a way to intice students to commit. They may include a more indepth department level look, eat in a cafeteria, student panels.

There is Aggieland Saturday which is for potential students vs admitted in February- more access than a typical day. Some majors/honors groups do have accepted students events, but don’t know of a university wide one. Business Honors had two sessions, invitationals with breakouts & panels. I would highly recommend it. There was one for National Merit Scholars, they traditionally offer a trip abroad opportunity in the summer before freshman year. Sorry that’s all I know about :slight_smile:

Hey all! I just wanted to hop on here and ask you guys, who know much more about A&M admissions, what my chances are and what I should expect.

When did you apply: 11/5/2017
When did you get your UIN: 11/7/2017
When did you receive your admission decision: Still waiting
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Review Admit
Major/College of Choice: Mechanical Engineering
Did you get in: Still waiting (expecting PSA/Blinn)
Honors program: Didn’t apply
Class Rank: 25.93% (At a very competitive high school, 1000ish students)
GPA: 3.52 unweighted / 3.99 weighted
SAT: 1220 (Superscore of 1280, but
I’m pretty sure they don’t SS)
ACT: N/A
Other: NHS, 2 years foreign language club officer, 35+ service hours, wrote
all 3 essays, job, 2 1/2 years of track, AP/DC classes

I applied on the 1st and still haven’t gotten my UIN. Or any email from the school for that matter. Should I be concerned? I’ve sent in all of my test scores, transcripts, etc. and I got an email from ApplyTexas confirming the app went through but it’s been radio silence since then… From my understanding, most people get their UIN within a couple days… I’m feeling pretty nervous.

When did you apply: 1/1/2018
When did you get your UIN: Still waiting
When did you receive your admission decision: Still waiting
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Review Admit
Major/College of Choice: Business Undecided
Did you get in: Still waiting
Honors program: Didn’t apply
Class Rank: 30%
GPA: 3.6 weighted (school doesn’t do unweighted)
SAT: Didn’t take
ACT: 28
Other: Editor of school newspaper, internship with a local newspaper, Vice President of Environmental Science club, secretary of Political Activism Club, along with a couple other clubs that I don’t have leadership positions in. Also a few UIL Academic awards including 1st place in region and a job for over a year now.

@likeclockwork48 Yes, I would be worried if I was in your situation, UINs should be sent out within 48 hours of your apply texas app getting submitted…call the admissions office tomorrow and sort it out. Hopefully, since they have all your documents you will be good to go even if the deadline was yesterday.

got accepted to engineering program and applied to honors and have heard from several sources that your engineering honors decision goes to a tamu email but I dont know how to make a tamu email. Tried going to google/tamu but the settings say that I can’t make an email /:

When will the next wave of decision notification be sent out?

We got out notification throughout a hannahs regular email but all correspondences keep going to Junk mail. Check all boxes junk and clutter. You can also go to Engineering Honors to check status. It should post there first. Good Luck!!

@Evon1254 Thanks. I called this morning and they sent me my UIN and I can log in now. I’m so relieved lol. I’m not sure what the issue was, but all my documents are in thankfully.

Application Date:12/15/17
GPA and Class Rank: 3.7 and 95/671
SAT 1110
Major in that College: wildlife and fisheries sciences
ECs: 4 years of tennis, 4 years of FFA, Animal club, NHS
Did you do all 3 essays: Did A and B
What is your highlight that you feel will make you stand out in the review process?
My strong essays
In state/Out of State: In state
Current Status on AIS: In review
Do I have a chance in getting in ?

Applied: 1/1/2018
Received UIN: 1/3/2018
Admission decision: 1/11/18 Admitted
Major: Biochemistry
Honors program: Yes
Class Rank: 4 / Top 10 percent
GPA: 4.0
SAT: 1130 (Was not mentally prepared to test after getting in after midnight from football game and back up at 6a) however I scored 540 on Evidence-Based Read/Writing and Math 590. I clicked on the details next to high school curriculum requirement and it states “ to claim an exemption based on test scores, your official SAT score must be at least 480 for EBRW and 530 for Math or your official ACT scores must be at least 18 English, 22 Reading, 22 Mathematics and 23 Science.”
ACT: Did not take
Graduating with Advanced Measures/ Distinguished level of achievement
Endorsements – Business and Industry
National Honor Society (Treasurer)
Student Council (Member)
Technology Student Association (Member)
4 yr Varsity Letterman in Football
Varsity Football - Received First Team All-District and Co Newcomer of the year
Varsity Track - Frist team all academics
Over 50 hrs of Volunteer Service

Heyy guys,
Im really nervous about this application thing. I’m an international student, a black tho, from Nigeria, and I honestly want to get into a black school.
So, I’m new in this hbcu application stuff, but I believe that some of you would know more than I do. Please, I would love your feedback. Thanks
I took the SAT in December- 1330
I took the TOEFL recently tho
Then I have a 3.68 GPA
But my main problem is the funding and I’m more nervous about the deadline. Am I too late? I think I am. I have started my application on the coalition app but I have not submitted.
What do u think? Are the scores enough for me to be admitted? Do you think I would get a scholarship with these scores?
Oh… and also, how long would it take before my admissions decision would be released?
Thanks…

Sorry, the honors program is also like a scholarship right? Oh… and congratulations btw