TAMU Class of 2022 - Admissions Decisions

@matthewada20 - So far he has only applied to TAMU. He will apply to UT, but he doesn’t love their Physics department. He is really encouraged by all the undergrad research opportunities at TAMU. I bet you see that too in Biomedical Science. My son, Jack, has pretty much narrowed in on TAMU. He’s like you - auto-admit - with a bunch of AP credits. I think it is so great that you both can use that time (hours) to work on a minor/or dual degree. Very cool!

If you don’t get into the SEAL program, there is Whoopin’ Weekend: http://tamuarc.■■■■■■■■■■/whoopin-weekend.html It is another opportunity to “live like a student” for a bit.

Thanks for offering to help pass along questions to your sister - we might take you up on it as we get further along in this process. :wink: It is really awesome that your sister goes there (when you get homesick and stuff… I hope both my kids go to the same school so they can have each other - that would be really cool!).

Best wishes to you! I will keep my fingers crossed for you & Jack that you will both hear back soon. :slight_smile:

Hi everyone,
I am not c/o 2022 but want to wish everyone good luck. I am actually a readmit to TAMU for this Fall after a twelve year hiatus. I was supposed to graduate in 2007 but poor choices led me to be dismissed in 2005. I rode on the equestrian team while I attended TAMU my first go-round. I had to jump through many hoops to get back in. (For those of you who get admitted to attend any college… don’t do what I did! Stay away from the party scene/northgate bars and study hard! A&M is no joke!). I’m now married and have adopted my husband’s biological 14 year old daughter who is about to start high school and also wants to be an Aggie. I will also be commuting from Conroe to CS everyday for the next four semesters… eeek! Congrats to those whose portals are showing 6 tabs… you could see your decision as early as today! I received mine this morning but I know I’m already in (for this Fall… different application dates for Readmits) because the advisor I was working with to get back in informed me last week of the decision. If you end up attending A&M next Fall, I recommend you live on campus, enjoy the food at Sbisa, get involved in an intramural sport or at least make time to exercise regularly (good for your brain, too), get a sports pass, and NEVER EVER EVER skip class! West Campus Library is open 24 hours (typically) and is a great place to study if you need a break from your roomies. And if you see a 33 year old student walking around campus next year… that’s me so feel free to say Howdy!

When did you apply: 7/26
When did you get your UIN: 7/31
When did you receive your admission decision: n/a
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: academic-admit
Major/College of Choice: Mechanical Engineering - Dwight
Did you get in: n/a
Honors program: will apply
Class Rank: top 15% (most likely)
SAT: 1520
ACT: n/a
OOS (NYC)

Any Business Administration applicant saw 6-tabs on Howdy yet?

No, I applied 7/12 for Business Administration (Auto-Admit) and do not have 6 tabs.

Don’t have 6 tabs yet for Business
Administration for my son. Hopefully soon.

Just got off the phone with a regional rep from the SA Prospective Student Center and he said the first place students will see their admission status is in AIS. He also said letters have not been sent out yet.

The the top 10% rule is only for Texas residents. The top 25% with scores is for in state and out of state applicants.

When did you apply: 7/10
When did you get your UIN: 7/13
All Documents were in by: 8/1
When did you receive your admission decision: Hopefully soon…
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Auto-admit
Major/College of Choice: Kinesiology
Did you get in: n/a
Honors program: maybe?
Class Rank: 8%
SAT: N/a
ACT: 28

My Howdy portal now has six tabs as of this morning! :slight_smile:

Tick tick tick … more Howdy tabs ?
Bueller ? Anybody ?

I am betting Sept 1.

Can I turn in my essays and recommendation letters after I turn in my application?

When did you apply: July 27
When did you get your UIN: Applied last year, already have access (I had to reapply for my gap year after graduating early)
When did you receive your admission decision: N/A
Major/College of Choice: Applied Mathematical Sciences/ Economics
Did you get in: Admitted to class of 2021 / TBD 2022
Honors program: Will apply
Class Rank: 106/454
SAT: 1450 composite M:720 R:730
ACT: 34 composite M: 33 R: 35 E: 36 S:31

@canadianbutter you cannot turn in essays after the application, but recommendation letters may be submitted later on AIS or by mail

When did you apply: July 27
When did you get your UIN: Applied last year, already have access (I had to reapply for my gap year after graduating early)
When did you receive your admission decision: N/A
Major/College of Choice: Applied Mathematical Sciences/ Economics
Did you get in: Admitted to class of 2021 / TBD 2022
Honors program: Will apply
Class Rank: 106/454
SAT: 1450 composite M:720 R:730
ACT: 34 composite M: 33 R: 35 E: 36 S:31

@canadianbutter you cannot turn in essays after the application, but recommendation letters may be submitted later on AIS or by mail

@canadianbutter According to Apply Texas FAQ, you can turn in your essays after submitting the application. Note that the essays are part of the application and your application will not be complete without the essays. Both application and essays must be submitted by the deadline. https://www.applytexas.org/adappc/html/faq_essay.html

Apply Texas frequently asked questions
essays

How do I save and submit an essay?

You can access the essays portion of ApplyTexas in one of two ways:

If you are on the Essay Requirements/Essay Information page of any admissions application that requires essays, you will see a list of your required essays. Each essay type is a link that will open a new window that will contain the appropriate section of the essay submission page. You may save essays via this window in the application itself as well as by the My Essays tab. Beginning with applications for Summer and Fall 2009, you can only SAVE essays prior to submitting your admissions application. At the time you submit your application, you will have the choice to SUBMIT all saved essays with your application, or to submit each essay individually later via the My Essays tab.
If you are on the My Account page, you can click on the My Essays tab to access a list of the institutions that require essays and which essays you’ve saved, submitted or still need to submit to each. You can also readily access the essay submission system from this tab.

Before submitting an essay online, we strongly recommend that you compose and save your essay in a program that uses a mono-spaced font (like NotePad), then copy and paste it into the ApplyTexas essays submission text box.

Umm on Twitter I saw someone say they were accepted into A&M yesterday?? Does anyone know if A&M has started sending out acceptances for class of 2022 or would he be a transfer or something else? I’m just so anxious to be accepted!

@anxious_stdnt No news here yet. :-S

Y’all, I need some advice for my S18. As part of the Apply Texas app, there is a spot for this year’s class schedule. S18 listed AP Eng Lit and wants to switch out of it and go into regular Eng Lit. He still will have 4 other AP classes. Do you think TAMU will care? He is auto-admit and this change won’t affect his ranking. I just know they submit their transcripts at the end of the year and I’m wondering if it matters if his schedule has that one change. What do you think?