TAMU Class of 2022 - Admissions Decisions

I called a Prospective Student Center today. They said that all decisions would be released this month - by the end of February. Hopefully that is true.

Daughter applied: 12/01/18
Review
GPA 3.47
All 3 essays
SAT 1220
Major: Special Needs Education
Accepted to Baylor, Oklahoma State, U. of Arkansas, University of North Texas, and others, only waiting for A&M
No decision yet
Thank you to everyone who posts!

Do you think chances are good? The waiting is excruciating…

Applied: July 2017
Review
GPA - weighted 4.33, unweighted 3.19
2 essays
SAT 1370
ACT 31
Major: Economics
AP classes
No decision yet

Can someone tell me if i have a good chance for full admit or blinn?
SAT: 1250 (640 Math/610 English)
top 40% of class ; 535/1406 (competitive high school)
Applied: October 6th
Review
Major: Business Administration
all three essays
worked two jobs; (Real estate internship & babysitting)
dual credit and college credit from AP classes
GPA: 3.8 out of 5.0
NHS and many other organizations (clubs from school)
3 letters of rec (one of them is from a a&m alumn)

I applied in Early October for College of Engineering and have not received a decision yet, could someone tell me if i have a chance?

SAT: 1330
GPA: 4.07
Senior Year GPA: 4.21
Review Admit
Top 30% - Highly competitive public school
National History and Spanish Honor Society
5 APs
All As and Bs
4 Years of Indoor and Outdoor Track
Work: Tutoring at a center
Volunteer: Humane Society

@college34476 your stats are similar to my son’s stats and we are still waiting. BTW, being at a “competitive” school makes no difference. Almost every poster on this site claims that distinction and A&M doesn’t take that into consideration. From A&M’s perspective the University is highly competitive so they expect applicants to be highly competitive also given that highly competitive high schools usually have greater resources and support to offer students than lower performing schools. I know that may seem unfair but when you look at it form the University’ perspective it makes since.

@Thelma2 For the one report I sent in, it was 33M, 28S, 35R, 31E 8E and Out of state (New Jersey)

@tinley - thanks for the explanation. I’m not sure it really holds water from the University’s perspective, I think they just use that line of reasoning to explain away the State of Texas mandate that automatic admission requirements be based on class rank, not on an objective measure like SAT. Following that line of reasoning, class rank in high school, regardless of the quality of school or district, would be the best predictor of success in college. That just isn’t the case. The numbers don’t prove it out, and the fact that A&M has so many spaces to offer transfer students to “backfill” the attrition that happens after the freshman year, show that A&M admits many students as freshmen that are not academically prepared for the rigor.

Basically, A&M doesn’t take into account the competitiveness of the high school because doing so would expose the flawed reasoning that serves as the foundation for the state’s class rank-based automatic admission rules.

It should be based on an objective measure. Is SAT perfect? No, it’s not. But it is far more objective than the fatally flawed class-rank system. It’s the legislature’s and courts’ fault, though.

/end of rant :-).

Just got into A&M!

Are you a review admit by any chance? @ChayDaw26

If u get rejected my A&M bhp, does that mean u basically have no chance for McCombs?

@FrozenSenchi123 yes! i applied 9/18
6 AP
3 DC
31 ACT
1310 SAT
Top 26%
Leadership and heavy community/school involvement
Only essay A&B

@cjkcollege I had applied to business as well and was placed in my second major I called and they told me this was because the business school was already completely filled up

also i was accepted as a biology pre med major! sorry for not mentioning that :slight_smile:

@ChayDaw26 how did you add premed? i wanted to apply for premed but from my research it was a program i had to add later. soo excited for you!

You got into McCombs @bros20000 are you still waiting to hear from A&M? I would think you would have received that decision back in Sept or soon after you applied if it was after Sept 20.

Anyone still wanting Mays will not get it, as it is full and likely was back in Nov/Dec, as that is usually when it fills up, and will be placed in their second choice major.

@Thelma2 how did u know that lol? Bc people said that if u get rejected by A&M bhp then u have no chance for McCombs but that is not what happened to me

@TXagghopeful1 i just selected that i was interested in a preproffesional program on my applytexas application

@bros20000 I misread your post a bit and thought you were waiting for Mays.

Re-reading it, I see now what you are saying
Ah, what do people know. Glad they were mistaken. Congrats!

@Thelma2 thanks!

@hsgrad18 @Sscard would you please mind sharing your stats? And please come back and post your decision when it is released.
@Tuppence22 I see you were accepted in Sept to University. Would you mind sharing your major with stats with sub-scores?

@tamujuul are you saying you were accepted into General Engineering, as that is what you have stated was your second choice major? Your prior posts show you were admitted to the school on Dec 15. What major were you admitted to at that time, Engineering? Are you OOS, International, or URM (under represented minority)?