TAMU Class of 2022 - Admissions Decisions

Brockman Scholars is FULL tuition scholarship (not partial) - it is new this year at TAMU. You wouldn’t need the waiver.

OK. I was wondering because it said up to 28k. OOS is much more than that.

Since this is new, I’d imagine TAMU would make it ‘work’ if you’re OOS. I wouldn’t worry, if he qualifies for that scholarship, he would qualify for others if they don’t designate it waiver eligible.

Howdy! Is anyone going to leadership initiative conference (LINC) ? Its with Mays business school

Some Blinn Team offers went out today! My son’s friend received one & his family is thrilled about it. My son is excited to have another friend joining him at TAMU!

When did you apply: Jan 1st
When did you get your UIN: Jan 3rd or 5th
When did you receive your admission decision: Feb 8
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Review
Major/College of choice: Business, Mays
Did you get in: Blinn-team
Honors program: Did not apply
Class Rank: 27-30%
SAT: 1390
ACT: 31
Essays: 2 of them (really well written)
ECs: pretty good
Letter of rec: great

Pretty surprised blinn team to be honest. Everyone I know thought I would be easily a full admit (esp. Because the only reason my rank is that is a horrible fresh. Year, went from ranked around 80% to where I am now).
Don’t think I’m going with blinn-team, would have considered going to a&m if full admit but if rather go to UTD than do blinn-team and transfer

@Texasstudent827 : Check out my thread on TAMU Blinn-TEAM Fall 2017: parent perspective for info on what our family is experiencing.

My D was also accepted to UT-D last year, but chose to take the Blinn-TEAM offer. UT-D is a much smaller, commuter school and the atmosphere and experience there will be much different from the life you can live as an Aggie in Aggieland.

My D is loving being an Aggie in Aggieland and is so glad that she accepted the Blinn-TEAM offer. :slight_smile:
WHOOP!

@Texasstudent827 CONGRATS on being selected for your Blinn Team. Before you turn down your Blinn Team offer I want to encourage you to talk to someone at A&M about what Blinn team really means, how it impacts your college experience at A&M (as a former Blinn Team mom my opinion is that it has VERY LITTLE impact). A&M has regional prospective student centers that has advisors that can talk you through Blinn Team - likely one on one - to help you make a decision.

My TAMU Class of 2019 was a Blinn Team accept her Freshman year. While her initial reaction was frustration (had waited 6 months, 6 days; 27 ACT, 4.0 GPA, A&M had placed her in 1st Quarter, Lots of ECs, Leadership, Work, Service Hours, Recommendations, All 3 essays,classmates with lower stats had been accepted …) it ended up being a WONDERFUL solution. She transferred to full A&M for the beginning of her Sophomore year. Just ordered her Aggie Ring and is on track to graduate May 2019. Don’t lose heart!

A TAMU academic adviser told my daughter “If you want to graduate from Texas A&M don’t let your short term pride get in the way of your long term goals. Don’t turn down a Blinn Team or Gateway offer because you’re offended and then be angry at TAMU for years. Take those offers, come to TAMU and make your college goals come true.” He was right!!!

@AggieMomAgain @PleaseGod2022 Which Blinn campus did your daughters attended ? Is that in Brenham or Bryan ? How long was the bus ride ? TEAM website is not responding today for some reasons … Thx …

So, what was the point in applying on July 1st in 2017? Using Hurricane Harvey as a continuous excuse is falling on deaf ears because other Universities have already completed their Admission decisions. Reading how someone Applied on Jan 2, a Review Applicant, and have received a Decision on January 14th makes me wonder if the Admission Office has any clue how that affects the Applicants who dutifully applied July 1. It would help to now only decide the Applications from July 1 and then work forward to the later Applications.

@mikeinsugarland :

The Blinn-TEAM classes are held on the Blinn Campus in Bryan, TX. It is less than 5 miles from the TAMU campus in College Station. Don’t confuse Blinn in Bryan, TX with Blinn in Brenham, TX. Bryan and CStat are smack up against each other! :slight_smile: Brenham is way down Hwy 6 from CStat! :slight_smile:

Blinn-TEAM students take classes at both Blinn Bryan campus and TAMU campus. There are buses that run between the campuses several times an hour. The ride takes maybe 15 minutes unless it is “rush hour” around 8 am or 5 pm. There are also stops along the way for people who live further off campus.

Schedule classes for a “Blinn day” and a “TAMU day” if at all possible is best so that your student doesn’t have to commute between the campuses on the same day. My daughter scheduled 3 classes at Blinn all on the same day. She takes the bus from the TAMU campus, (parking at Blinn is atrocious), and stays for several hours. She uses the time between classes to study.

Check out my CC thread: TAMU Blinn-TEAM Fall 2017: parent perspective. There is a lot of info there.

Sorry about the website issues, there is just probably a lot of people trying to access the info now that Blinn-TEAM offers are going out. I am so excited for all of the new Aggies! I hope that they all have the wonderful experience both of my girls have had being Aggies in Aggieland!

@mikeinsugarland My daughter was Blinn Team, lived in College Station in off campus dorm style living and went to school in Bryan at Blinn and TAMU in College Station. She chose to drive her car to Blinn but they do have a bus. She took the bus to TAMU

To all that have bruised egos on getting Blinn Team: I am class of 92 and took plenty of hours at Blinn. My Aggie ring says Texas A&M. My diploma says Texas A&M. My resume says Graduate Texas A&M. I read a lot of post from applicants that express frustration at not being a “full admit”. My advice to all of you is to sleep on it. Once you get over the bruised pride hopefully you will realize that you are very fortunate to receive an offer. There are thousands upon thousands of people around this globe that would crawl all the way to CS for the opportunity you have been afforded. My son is still waiting and has been going to Aggie games since he was 5 and would trade places with any of you in a heart beat.

@trinley - Amen! My son is a full admit, but his friend is Blinn Team and is elated to be accepted as an Aggie in College Station with a path into Mays! They have dreamed to going to A&M together and join the Corps, and this will make it possible. In fact, my son is thinking of taking some of his elective classes at Blinn in order to save where he can. #whoop!

Did anyone in this thread apply to Ag Communications & Journalism? If so, what are your stats? Have you been admitted?
My Stats:
Applied: Dec 1
Ag Communications & Journalism
Under review
2nd Qtr in a hyper-competitive high school (Valedictorian last year had a 108+ GPA)
ACT 24 (Reading 31; English 25)
GPA: Weighted 3.7 of 4.0 (Unweighted 3.6)
4 years PreAP/AP Spanish (3 on AP Exam)
4 years AP English (4 on AP Exam)
AP Govnt/Econ (This year)
2 Essays
HEAVY FFA Leadership/Involvement all 4 years
Varsity sport
Various other clubs and volunteer activities
Both parents, aunt, uncle, and cousin are grads
Two of the other officers on my FFA team received admissions offers today (2/9) for Blinn Team, but they are Animal Science and Ag Ed.
Any info is appreciated.

@mikeinsugarland Blinn Engineering Academy, which is an A&M admissions offer, is in Bryan and Engineering Academy students are co enrolled at A&M and Blinn Jr College. Students live on A&M campus in dorms, or off campus if they wish. They have all the rights and privileges as any A&M student.

The engineering academy in Brenham must be applied to independently. It is not an A&M admissions decision option.

When did you apply:12/15/17
When did you get your UIN: 12/19/17
When did you receive your admission decision: 2/1/18
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: Computer Science
Did you get in: Yes
Honors program: N/A
Class Rank: 61/367
SAT: 1270

@SoFloAggie are you not an academic admit?

Oh… I see you said you were accepted lol. Oops

Hey y’all, just wondering if any of you guys could help me figure out my chances! I’ve been waiting for 7 months and it’s getting a little annoying.

Applied: July 3rd
Major: Rec ,Park, and Tourism Sciences
Class Rank: (my real downfall) 444/691 at a very competitive school
Extra Curriculars: A decent amount, and some relevant to my major (DECA: Hospitality Services)
I did all 3 essays and I think they’re pretty good

I think I should be able to get Blynn at least but I’m really curious about whether I’ll get in outright. Any answers would be helpful!!