TAMU Class of 2022 - Admissions Decisions

@mikeinsugarland : Congratulations on your son’s admissions offers!! Will you please let us know what his final choice is between TAMU Galveston Engineering and UT-Dallas?

Yes, College Station. SAT 1270 (580 Math) ACT 31 (24 Math)

@Thelma2 Yes, College Station. SAT 1270 (580 Math) ACT 31 (24 Math)

@AggieMomAgain Will do - we have scheduled a campus tour for UTD next Friday. Galveston is our backyard so will visit there soon as well …:wink:

@mikeinsugarland That’s funny my son is choosing between UTD and A&M Galveston now too. We will have to compare notes here after they visit. Both great schools (my son wants to do computer science) but VERY different atmospheres from what I gather. But I need him to decide soon!

@mikeinsugarland and @KIMZ99 : have your sons also visited TAMU CStat? If they take the Galveston offer they also need to experience Aggieland! :slight_smile:

@AggieMomAgain Yes he has visited College Station a couple of times - we live an hour away from there - so my hope is he chooses A&M so he will eventually be so close to home :slight_smile: .

@mikeinsugarland and @KIMZ99 Our family visited UTD twice with our older son. He was National Merit Commended, and UTD gave him more money that anyone else did, essentially a full ride (top AES scholarship of about three tiers of AES scholarships). It was an unusual offer that came out of the blue, and you might also get this if you haven’t already.

UTD has a very different feel from a traditional college campus. There are a lot of international students who are more in the no-nonsense mode than many American students. The facilities are nice and tend to be on the new side. They have built some nice dorms with suites of single bedrooms off a common area. They are building up over time in terms of facilities and student numbers. It’s a relatively new school in the overall scheme of things.

UTD is exceptionally strong in computer science and probably computer engineering as well due to the TI-heritage founding of the school. The school lacks athletics and such entirely. But if your student is strictly interested in their studies, it’s a good place. Again, be aware that it has an unusually high number of international students and consequently lower number of US students. Be sure to visit, yes. My son adamantly turned them down, probably because he knew other people going to UT. In hindsight, we should have forced him to go because of the scholarship.

I would also add to admission to UTD is completely open/university-wide. In other words, you can change majors without any problem. I also believe that there are some very bright students there. They also have a strong pre-med relationship with UT Southwestern (accelerated track). This might have to be applied for as a freshman, however.

The student must be comfortable with global village atmosphere. International students have a tough time getting into UT, and UTD is the second to UT in many fields. Dallas is an international city now. Of course, if a student planned to work internationally, then this would be an early introduction, for example. It’s all in how things match with student’s interest(s).

@AggieMomAgain Yes - we visited it at least 4 times the past 2 years so he is familiar with Aggieland. I have 3 older brothers who are all Aggies so they are prodding him to do the TAMU route.

@KIMZ99 Definitely … We looked at UTD dorms online and they are really nice. My son might like the global village feel since he loves making friends whenever we traveled to other countries … Ultimately, it will be up to him to choose what he is most comfortable with and happy with his choice. :slight_smile:

i applied to engineering as a review admit before Oct 15 to college station and I still have no updates:(

@college34476 I don’t believe anyone can predict the pattern of additional engineering admissions based on what has been observed so far. There have been some TEAB admits this week and some Galveston admits this week. Both seem to have been earlier in the week. Last week was very slow for engineering. I simply don’t think anyone on this forum can be sure what the pattern will be in the near future based on the sporadic nature of decisions so far. They seem to be clustered, however: if someone represented in this forum gets admitted to engineering, then it seems that several do. If there are additional admissions any given day, then likely someone will report, and this cues others to look. If you are checking your portal, you may see something first. Admissions is basically saying not to expect waves and cannot commit to any pattern. Every prediction or advice in these area has proven not reliable. However, you are not alone in your wait for your engineering decision. Report in if you see any changes in your situation.

When did you apply:10/25/2017
When did you get your UIN: 10/27/2017
When did you receive your admission decision:N/A
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: I’m probably a review admit
Major/College of Choice: Liberal Arts, Journalism University Studies, BA. Mays Business School, Business Administration BAC
Did you get in: N/A
Honors program: N/A
Class Rank: 504/699
SAT:1030
GPA: 3.4

I have a question. So do I still have enough time to submit a high school resume? Enough time to get it looked at? Or did I screw myself over with not getting a resume in quicker?
I go to a really competive high school. If I had this GPA anywhere else I would be in the 400 to 300 range.

Edit: And I think I posted this in the wrong thread. Sigh

@Theepicman15 all documentation was due January 10. It’s too late

@college34476 I feel your pain. I applied back at the start of October and am just shy of auto admit and I have yet to hear anything. I really wish they would communicate better. Plus I’m out of state.

So I take it nobody has any idea when more engineering admits will go through?

Let me post my stats just to see how high my hopes should be:

When did you apply: October
When did you get your UIN: October
When did you receive your admission decision: N/A
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Review (barely)
Major/College of Choice: Comp Sci with minor in Cyber Security
ACT: 31
Math: 30
English: 33
Class Rank: 2nd quarter
GPA: 3.2 (unweighted) 3.4 (weighted)

Definite ROTC,

Eagle Scout, 4-year varsity athlete, President of 2 clubs, Captain of Cyber Club, Law Enforcement Explorer, several other extracurriculars,

I’m from Colorado and, I really want to go to TAMU.

Wow @CCMUProdigee your test scores are great. Not sure though if or when there will be more full admits for eng. I am shocked though that you weren’t admitted yet. Eagle Scout plus your stats are great.

Prayers for all of us still waiting this week. Our Daughter and MANY of her friends are anxiously watching our Howdy accounts. It shouldn’t be this stressful.

no change here 11 days left. We have put down deposits to have a second option at this point.