TAMU Class of 2022 - Admissions Decisions

Is it too late to upload my resume

@hasgrad18 Yes, it is too late. All docs were due by January 10 per the A&M admissions page

@hsgrad18, I believe everything was due Jan.10th. Sorry!

@AggieMomAgain @KIMZ99 After much research, we are leaning toward the TAMU Galveston route since A&M engineering is what my son originally wants. He does has some reservations about packing up after 1 year and making new friends again but he said this is a great opportunity he can’t pass up. We still are going to UT Dallas for a tour this Friday just to cover our basis and let him experience it.

BTW, there is a forum created for Engineering in Galveston. Join in if you can.

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/texas-m-university/2057244-a-m-engineering-galveston-p1.html

@mikeinsugarland Everyone at Galveston will be in the same position, so he will have a few hundred moving also. If he were in College Station in a dorm, he would be packing up anyway after a year to come home, unless he paid to stay over the summer, in which he would likely move anyway to the dorms that are offering the summer stay.

That said, not everyone will move from GV to CStat after 1 year. Those who do not complete the required curriculum will stay to repeat what needs repeating. It could be that some students stay 4 semesters instead of 2, and will have to make new friends as well, as some move on, some drop, and all the new fish come in. That would happen in CStat as well for those repeating classes. Getting involved in clubs/activities is where you will meet and have the most constant of contact with the same people.

Just got accepted to engineering at Galveston. What does this mean?

@nif Congratulations !! You have been offer admission to TAMU engineering program in Galveston.

I am going to quote @Thelma2 here: “Your son has been offered FULL admissions to A&M engineering and if he accepts the offer, will spend his freshman year at the Galveston campus. He will have the exact same curriculum as the engineering students on the College Station Campus. He will have his first opportunity to apply for his desired major in April of his Freshman year. If he satisfactorily completes the freshman curriculum, he will learn his major decision in June and then transition (not transfer) to College Station to complete his degree in the fall for his third semester (or sophomore year).”

Again, in your offer letter, notice that it clearly emphasized that this is a FULL admission “Your admission offer is considered full admission to Texas A&M University’s College of Engineering (ENGE). You will be advised by
the General Engineering advisors and follow the first year engineering curriculum”.

Think of it as an extension of the College Station (CS) campus since you will be taking the same classes as those in CS. The key point here is that after your 2 semesters in Galveston, you transition (not transfer) to CS for your sophomore year.

All freshmen engineering students - whether in CS or Galveston - will have to go through Entry to a Major (ETAM) process. Here is the link:

http://engineering.tamu.edu/academics/advisors-procedures/entry-to-a-major.html

Hope this helps …

@mikeinsugarland thank you very much. it helps a lot

@nif Go read the engineering decisions thread and the Engineering Galveston thread. A lot of information is posted on those two threads that I would do a disservice to (And would take way too long) to try to repeat it all here.

CONGRATULATIONS!! on being an AGGIE!

Congrats @nif! Welcome to the Aggie Family!

For those who are interested, the financial aid portal currently says “The Financial Aid Portal is currently down as we award incoming Freshmen for the 2018-2019 Academic Year. We anticipate the portal to be back online no later than 10am Thursday, February 22. We apologize for any inconvenience.”

Hi! @aggie88 did your son have trouble getting housing when he was finished with gateway and admitted for the fall? Our daughter was just admitted today to Gateway. I have no clue what that is!

Congrats!!! what were her stats? @Tate1280

@tate1280 my understanding is you apply for housing now. Have you tried applying on Howdy? The housing would just be contingent on completing the program.

@Tate1280 No, he had no trouble getting a dorm room on campus. Sign up now! The Gateway students are required to live on campus for the summer session, after that it is not required. He was in the second group, I think it was called Guaranteed Housing (Priority is the first group). He got his first choice dorm (in the Commons), and even got a first floor room. Hullabaloo will be full, but there will be other dorms open when your daughter gets her time to pick a room. I hope she loves A&M:) I loved being an Aggie and successfully brainwashed all 3 kids to love it as well!:slight_smile:

Been waiting nearly 4 months. Getting ridiculous. A&M owes it to the applicants to notify them much earlier if the application is going to get flushed (which I suspect will be the outcome). This has soured my son’s enthusiasm for A&M even if he were to be admitted through one of the avenues (full/BT/CAP/etc).

My daughters admissions counselor says they received email notification that all final decisions would be made by March 1st.

today i was admitted but my location says mcallen instead of college station? i applied for college station. what does this mean?

Apparently, this is something new this year. It’s acceptance to the university and they are placing you in McAllen; not College Station.

@jjuulliissaaa. There have been another couple folks posting McAllen admission as well, late this week. There is a thread in this forum on the new Higher Education Center at the McAllen campus. McAllen is another satellite campus, like Galveston. This is a relatively very new campus, and we don’t have any detailed knowledge yet of their majors or facilities. They appear to offer some specialized majors. What are the majors you applied for?