TAMU Class of 2022 - Admissions Decisions

Hi guys so I was a student at TAMU as class of 2019, I started in 2015. Due to a physical altercation on campus and going through a panel and appeals process the best decision for them was to suspend me for a year(2 semesters). After this I realized there’s not too many resources out there for people with my predicament. I left A&M with a 3.497 GPA as a science Major, so academically I was fine, I reapplied this January and my application has been complete since February. I attended another university while being away 2 semesters from A&M, and I did exemplary, deans list both semesters with 4.0’s as well. I also had a very good background at TAMU working with various distinguished professors doing research in many departments and being very involved in campus. I just a made a very poor decision was all, my suspension ends this May of 2018 and I was wondering if you guys could give me some insight on whether or not I will get in again?

I agree.

When did you apply: Nov 30
When did you get your UIN: Dec 5
When did you receive your admission decision: N/A
Major/College of Choice: English
Did you get in: N/A
Honors program: n
Class Rank: 33/101
SAT: 1230

I sure wish they would designate a day decisions are made. :confused:

So I submitted my application on March 1st and I logged in and it says I’m missing my transcript document. Is it too late for me to send my transcript now March 8th? :-/

Soo this happened today, I got PSA’d from A&M but I got into McCombs at UT and I don’t understand…

@Ellie1425 I think it might be too late, but you can call admissions and ask them.

So my DS was admitted, paid the NSC fee, and applied for housing only to be placed on the wait-list. It is possible he won’t have housing or does it usually open up?

@SgtFriar2015 It will probably open up.

When did you apply: 12/4/17
When did you get your UIN: 12/7/17
When did you receive your admission decision: 3/12/18
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: n/a
Major/College of Choice: (1) Biochemistry (2) Microbiology
Did you get in: PSA
Honors program: Applied to University Honors
Class Rank: School does not rank
GPA: unweighted 3.85 out of 4.0 and weighted 4.7
SAT: 1350
ACT: n/a
International student (Canada) but reviewed as a Texan resident (lived here for 11 years)

I am so confused!! I was almost certain I would get into A&M but I didn’t! I submitted all three essays, resume, and I had decent extracurriculars. My SAT score was very close to the academic admit requirements. I got rejected by UT Austin with these same stats. Is it possible the major I chose is too difficult to get into? Is there anything I can do? I got accepted by UTD, Baylor so far. Very concerned.

@hookorbycrook. Your stats are very, very good. I wonder as you do, whether there are simply a lot of pre med-caliber applicants to your major(s) or whether your international staus might have been a factor. It seems to be so tough for international students to break into UT and A&M. Have you considered an appeal to either school?
We have talked a lot about UTD in this A&M forum. Many people have been very impressed by it. What would you think about attending there? Are you pre-med? UTD has a close relationship with UT Southwestern and presumably has lots of pre med students. Talk to us. Perhaps others will have good advice for you.

@hookorbycrook Your major may also simply have filled up quickly. Your application date was about a month before the end of a 5 month window.

Please write again if you would like additional feedback from this group. Have you applied for honors at UTD and/or Baylor, for example? Good luck to you. These decisions don’t always make perfect sense. Please keep looking forward toward your future.

@MomHopesNxtGenAg Thank you for your reply. I am considered as a Texan resident so I don’t think I am considered as OOS. I am indeed pre-med. I am thinking about appealing but there is no new information I can add to my application. I may send an email to admissions expressing my concerns informally but other than that, I don’t know what I can do. I have not applied to Honors at Baylor (deadline has passed) but I will apply to Honors at UTD. You’re right, I should have applied earlier. Thinking back, there’s so many things I should have done… I am awaiting responses from two more universities out of Texas. For all of them except UTD, money will be an issue…

@hookorbycrook : What class rank did TAMU assign for you? Since your school does not rank, then I think TAMU assigns a rank for you. With your gpa, I would think that you should have been in the top 25 %. Coupled with a SAT score of 1350, that gets you awfully close to Academic admittance. If TAMU assigned a lower rank, maybe that is grounds for appeal.

Did you only take the SAT once? Maybe the ACT would have been a better test for you. Are there any extenuating reasons why you could not take the ACT or retake the SAT that could be addressed in your appeal?

Do you have a lot of AP or Dual Credit classes? You hav to accept the DC credit but not the AP. Think you have a couple of years to decide which AP credits fit into your degree plan.

I don’t know if your major factored into the PSA offer, I thought they admitted first to the University and secondly to the major and offered admittance to a different major if your choices were full. But possibly applying in Dec could have been a factor, but if your family was affected by Harvey, that could be info for the appeal process.

If the appeal process doesn’t work and you really want to be an Aggie, then take the PSA offer and transfer to CStat as soon as possible. Good luck, keep us posted.

@hookorbycrook I would appeal. State the concern that international citizenship, although (stress) long-term Texas residency, may have been misinterpreted during the admissions process. There have been admissions of those who are U.S. citizens but were residents abroad. Your situation is probably unusual. While you are at it, add anything and everything else that you think might have ANY impact and that could ever possibly be considered new information, extenuating circumstance, etc. You have NOTHING to lose by appealing.

is anyone appealing the psa decision or just moving on. Seems like most are moving on as its been quiet. lol

@MomHopesNxtGenAg @AggieMomAgain I greatly appreciate your replies. On my AIS page, there is no class rank assigned to me. I have no dual credit but I have taken 10 AP classes (and exams). I have taken the SAT twice but I feel like the ACT would have been a better fit for me but I can’t do anything about that now. I will appeal when I can, thanks.

@hookorbycrook

Appeal and come back to this forum to report on it.

There is no time like the present, please remember this. Spend overnight thinking about anything else you might want to add in your appeal. Not having an assigned class rank also seems very strange. Submit your appeal application tomorrow. You can always come back here and tell us you did! How’s that for accountability? :slight_smile:
Yours appears to be a very unusual case. Reporting the hopefully positive answer may also help someone else.

Accepted

this is the only university that i have been accepted to

tears

i did not realize my next four years would be enveloped in farmer territory

to anyone hopeful students reading, work harder than you are currently

just kidding

TAMU is a great school which will prepare us for a bright future

getting accepted into TAMU is great, especially since its programs are highly developed

especially the school of engineering

its engineering is top-notch

better than Rice, i have heard

to any students applying to TAMU next fall, best of luck to you!!!

I have been accepted into the engineering program at a&m, which I’m super thankful for. A&m is one of my top schools atm, but I’m worried about how I might not adapt all that well to the school. I have lived in Los Angeles for most of my life, though I’ve visited Texas often. Any advice to a potential oos student?