TAMU Class of 2022 - Admissions Decisions

You can submit your final transcript at NSC, they are just looking for completion of correct high school degree without huge drop in academics. It is literally a quick scan & thank you. I wouldn’t worry about one course changing from AP to regular --provided that doesn’t affect the type of diploma your student receives & they do well in their courses. Ranking at the end of the year is not a factor.

@AGmomx2 Thank you! That is great news and a huge relief for my kiddo.

DS has just applied

top 20% class rank
ACT 31
Mays Business, honors if possible

We’re hopeful for some merit aid, but we have a back up in place.

My son has six tabs on Howdy now. New tabs: “My Record”, “My Finances” and “Student Life”

1st Major: Business Administration.

My son now has six tabs in Howdy.
Major: Business

When did you apply: July 1 (using applytexas)
When did you get your UIN: July 7
When did you receive admission decision: TBD
Auto/Academic/Review Admit?: Auto-Admit
Major/College of Choice: Dwight Look COE, Computer Eng (CompSci path)
Did you get in: Man I really hope so
Honors Program: Maybe
Class Rank: 3rd
SAT: 1380
ACT: N/A
Instate Student
Howdy Updated: August 17
My major on my application changed to Engineering Review today (August 17) as well

(reposting for future Engineering applicants)

Just saw I have 6 tabs as well! So exciting!
Major: Business Administration

It looks like they updated Dwight Look and Mays applicants today; maybe they wait on updating engineering and business applicants?

are there 6 tabs across the top? the system has changed since my other child applied? are they the tabs across the top- and what were the old tabs called and what are the new ones?

Yes, on the top, just below “Search” text box.

It is actually pull down menus. Original three tabs: “Home”, “Applicant”, “My Howdy”.

thanks . so it adds three more there when they are about to have a decision? there were two when my last child applied and it turned to four when they were about to be accepted. I noticed the addition the same day he got his acceptance letter in the AIS system

“First decisions come out in Sep for automatic admits. Holistic review decisions by mid-Feb.” - tweeted by Aggiebound

Just a few more weeks! :))

We’re in review!

Mine is in review as well!!

If you an academic admit does the AIS still show " In Review"?

Waiting out Harvey on our" island" here in SE Houston DD finally finished up with her “optional” topic C essay and hit the submit button on her TAMU application this afternoon! She will be a holistic review with her 27 ACT, 14% rank, but our fingers are crossed and I hope her choice of psychology as a major with be a in her favor.

It will be a LOOONGGG wait to February.

Did anyone come from a non-ranking school? How long is it taking them to assign a quartile? DD’s school is finally sending transcripts Friday, supposedly.

Hi I’ll be a holistic review applicant, I’m African American with a 48% rank I have a 1340 sat score and am in a lot of clubs I’m taking the act September 9th what are my chances?

Answering my own question here - her transcript was sent on 8/29 and her rank showed up today.

When did you apply: 8/30
When did you get your UIN: 9/1 (wow that was quick…)
When did you receive your admission decision: (application complete and in review 9/1)
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Holistic Review Admit
Major/College of Choice: 1st BS Psychology; 2nd BS Sociology
Did you get in:
Honors program: N/A
Class Rank: 82/575 (14%)
SAT: n/a
ACT: 27 - E25/M24/S28/32R
In-State