Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Academic Admit
Major/College of Choice: BA Psychology
Did you get in: Waiting
Honors program: No
Class Rank: Non-ranking, TAMU ranked 1st quartile
SAT: 1370
ACT: 29

Hi all future Aggies!

I just signed my son up for the S.E.A.L. (Seniors Experiencing Aggie Life) conference at TAMU. It is a 3 day program for seniors to experience living in the dorms, mock lecture from profs, midnight yell, football game, tailgate, presentations re: admissions, financial aid, student life, and a bunch of other fun activities. It costs $200 and that covers everything - housing, food, football ticket, t-shirt, and conference packets. It is Nov. 10-12th, and is limited to the first 120 seniors who sign up. http://tamuarc.■■■■■■■■■■

It looks so cool and I had to share with y’all!! :slight_smile:

Anyone else in shock & grief over that football game? :open_mouth: :(( :(( :((

@addicted2MT OMG worst 2nd half ever (saying a lot since we typically can’t finish strong)!

When did you apply: 07/01
When did you get your UIN:07/03
When did you receive your admission decision:
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit:Review
Major/College of Choice: Mays
Did you get in:
Honors program:
Class Rank: 14% from competitive HS
SAT:
ACT: 27
Boys State Delegate and a ton of extra curriculars both at school and community
All 3 Essays
Letter of Support from a higher up at TAMU (praying this helps so I can get into Mays!)

Oops

@labegg Check AIS under My Documents, Received Documents - there it should show 3 different eEssays. Also, scroll down on My Application Status to under the box Additional Documents Required If Admitted and you will see Scholarship Application with a green check. If you have all that, you are good.

Did anyone else notice if they had a US Official HS Transcript received that they didn’t request? My son requested his transcripts sent on 7/10 (when junior yr grades came out) and the are shown as received 7/10. I’m just curious why there was another one sent on 8/22 since he didn’t request it. I wonder if A&M requested it? Kinda weird because he is an auto-admit. Maybe I’m over-thinking this… just impatient I guess 8-|

When did you apply: 23rd July’17
When did you get your UIN: 25th July’17
When did you receive your admission decision:
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Current Status “In Review”
Major/College of Choice: Bio Med Engineering
Did you get in: no info
Honors program:
Class Rank: top 20% school ranking, A&M ranking 2nd qtr
SAT: 1240 (540 EBRW/700 Math)
ACT:

same here, only A&M, whether major given or denied :slight_smile:

My son’s school doesn’t rank but assigned him in the top 20% for application sake. A&M within 4 days assigned him in the top 2nd qtr based on his reported GPA and test scores (explained when he wrote to them).

Congratulations, that is terrific. My son’s portal still shows the 3 tabs (HOME/APPLICANT/MY HOWDY). It has a link to the library at the top.

When did you apply: 8/6/17
When did you get your UIN: 8/9/17
When did you receive your admission decision: n/a
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Auto-Admit
Major/College of Choice: Biochemistry
Did you get in: n/a
Honors program: hopefully
Class Rank: Valedictorian
SAT: 1310

My file has been “in review” since August the 14. I am so impatient for an acceptance letter! I just got accepted into Tech today. Hopefully, A&M replies soon! Any ideas when decisions are released?

@ag2022 on the aggiebound twitter they said late September at the earliest for auto admits

If you check your howdy portal, some auto admits have already been accepted. If you have more than the 3 tabs (I think there are 6 total), then expect your formal acceptance soon!

The admissions rep who visited my daughter’s school said that auto-accepts should start hearing this week or the next.

Do I understand the TAMU admissions graphic correctly? Only approximately 2,300 review admits received direct admissions offers to TAMU (not Blinn etc) for 2017? OUCH!

Quick question: my son submitted his application back in July. His composite ACT score was 30 (sub scores were R- 35; E - 30; Science - 28; Math 26) and was taken back in April. Because he missed the required math sub-score by ONE point, he’s considered a review applicant.

He took the ACT again this past weekend and is having the scores sent to A&M from the testing center. He feels he cleared the 27 required for math. Assuming his composite remains a 30+ and his math sub-score improves to 27, will he be automatically converted to an academic admit, or does he stay a review applicant since he didn’t meet the criteria when he submitted his application? Just trying to gauge if he can be looking for an acceptance letter sooner than February.

We are out of state and his school does’t rank, but A&M assigned him 1st quarter.

@jackson345 If he makes the minimum requirements on his new ACT for academic admission, then yes, he will lose the review status and become and be a full admit to the university and major (as long as that major is not engineering). He would still be holistically reviewed for engineering, and if rejected, asked to chose another major that is open.

At Aggieland Saturday, they said they won’t make any denial decisions on review candidates until after the 12/1 deadline, precisely for the fact that applicants might take another test and qualify for academic admission by then. Best of luck to your son on his ACT!

@labegg Here’s a link to two years of side-by-side comparison for admission outcomes (they are by graduation class)http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/texas-m-university/1974794-tamu-class-of-2018-vs-class-of-2021.html#latest

When did you apply: 8/11
When did you get your UIN: 8/15
When did you receive your admission decision: Not yet
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Academic Admit
Major/College of Choice: Computer Science (College of Engineering), Chemistry (Bachelor of Science) as 2nd Choice
Did you get in: Not yet
Honors program: Maybe
Class Rank: School doesn’t rank, but top 25%
SAT: 1390 (710 math, 680 reading, no essay)
ACT: Didn’t take it

@Thelma2 has been extremely helpful on College Confidential for the past couple of years. I’d just like to thank you for all your help and support to everyone who has/will apply.

PLEASE READ What are my chances of getting into Engineering? I have only taken Pre-AP classes up until senior year. I’m taking Physics I AP (took pre-AP as a junior) and Calculus AB. I visited TAMU’s Computer Science department, am a National Hispanic Scholar, and am a straight A student with 3.93 GPA. Are my chances worse because I only took 2 AP courses or that I’m in Calc AB instead of BC?