TAMU Class of 2022 - Admissions Decisions

@jackson345 my daughter is exactly the same - i called and they said to just send the new score and they will move them to academic admit. I will be calling again though once that happens to ensure it occurs as promised

I was told by our college advisor, who was notified by A&M, that they will start sending acceptance notifications to auto and academic admits next week (Sept.18th). Hopefully we all hear soon. :)>-

Talked to my regional advisor today, she said auto admits should hear around next week!

Anyone been accepted yet?

No not yet. Looks like accepts will start tomorrow morning. I noticed the housing page has an announcement that housing applications for Fall 2018 will open tomorrow at 8:00.

Does anyone know if the acceptances that start rolling out soon will only be for auto admits? Could there be rejections for review admits in this batch?

No there will NOT be rejections, only acceptances. Applicants have until Dec 1 to add to their files so rather than rejecting & changing, they wait until that date to release any rejections.

Is it possible for a review admit to get their decision on the first round of admissions?

Anyone has idea which particular housing/dorms are good - close to university, 2 or 4 person, single gender, shared bath (not community) ?

@Bader316 All dorms are on campus. There are two residential university apartment complexes off campus. White Hall and The Gardens.

Rudder and Underwood are the only two all female dorms with semi private baths (2 people per room, all 4 share one bath) Both are Modular style dorms, which is a very popular style.

https://reslife.tamu.edu/options/halls/underwood/
https://reslife.tamu.edu/options/halls/rudder/

This link will show you the dorms separated by gender, gender by floor, by room/suite, by dorm and bathroom style. https://reslife.tamu.edu/apply/rates/ Click on residence halls and corps housing.

@labegg and @ANS2022 :

Admission letters are going out this week for academic and automatic admission students only. For students who were review admits, the TAMU admissions office has a policy of deferring review until after the December 1st deadline. This way, if a student retakes the SAT and/or ACT and becomes eligible for the academic admit, they will have the opportunity to do so without being denied before having every opportunity to improve their score. Likewise, no review admits will receive their acceptance letters until after December 1st (usually in February or March). This includes those who undergo holistic review for placement into the College of Engineering, such as myself (TAMU Class of 2022)

Happy to report my son received his ACT scores and now qualifies for Academic Admit (at application time, he missed academic admit criteria by 1 point in math!) He achieved his 31 composite and upped his math to 29. I’m guessing A&M won’t receive these scores before the first round of acceptance letters go out this week, but is it typically a rolling notification once kids become academic admits? Or are there set “waves” and he’ll catch the next one?

When did you apply: 8/9/17
When did you get your UIN:
When did you receive your admission decision: waiting
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: Geoscience
Did you get in: Hope so
Honors program:
Class Rank: 11.8%
SAT: 1280
ACT: 26

My son tried applying for housing this morning, but it kept saying he wasn’t logged in. We called and were told you must be accepted first. Hoping he will hear later today since he applied July 1 and got all his documents in the same week.

me too - anxious!!

@gettingschooled Did the people you called give you any indication of when the first round of acceptance letters would go out?

last year the first round went out on september 19th, I really didn’t think it would be later than that this year considering applications opened a month sooner. Starting to look like it’s not today.:frowning:

I know it’s still far out, but I’m extremely nervous about my decision(I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that). Being a review applicant is stressful especially when you don’t know if your stats are even halfway desirable!!!

@ag2022, should be this week for auto and academic admits

@gettingschooled same thing happened to me when I tried to log into Housing Portal.