TAMU Class of 2022 - Engineering Admission Decisions

@afnr99 It’s likely only another week so. Sure you don’t want to hang on? Hate to see you go before you know.

@afnr99 and all: We all sincerely hope this will be the month. When last year’s wait was reported to feel long, we had no idea until recently what those folks meant!! Everyone have a pleasant weekend.

@Roboman3000 idk if that’s true… I’ve talked to someone last year who got a notification in February about his decision. It was engineering at Galveston. Maybe for those who got in to college station makes sense but I can’t see al applicants

JUST GOT ACCEPTED TODAY! I’m heading straight to College Station!!! (Keep an eye out I’ve heard that the bulk of decisions will come out between the 22nd-26th)

@Roboman3000 Can you please state your stats?

@afnr99 Contratulations! Which program are you in?

My son got accepted into A&M and UT Austin Aerospace Eng, and crossing fingers for Purdue.

Hi everyone. I’m more of a reader than a poster but thought for stats sakes, I would enter my son’s data if it helps figure trends. Reading these boards helped me with patience. Anyway, my DS applied in July and was an automatic admit. He is 5/487 and has a 1360 on the Sat. He would not re sit for it so I was nervous because there are so many with amazing scores. He did have extra curricular in that he is on the Varsity tennis team and is an Eagle Scout. Anyway, he received his admission December 12. I know it doesn’t help everyone who is waiting, but maybe it will help with trends. Good luck to all of you!

I accepted the honors engineering decision, and nothing happened. Was something supposed to happen?

@AggieMom20and22 How does it sound fake? Would you like me to send you the acceptance screenshot LOL?

@AGmomx2 Um… I thought “Did you get in?” meant did you get into the school, not your major. I literally said I’m under review for engineering, so obviously I know I got into the school, not the major I chose. I put “today” because I got accepted to the college that day… Jeez, is it that big of a deal?

@abigfailure congrats on being accepted. Have not heard from any auto admits in a while and I also misunderstood your post.

Please let us know if you get into engineering.

You wrote" when did you get your (engineering) admission decision? Today!"
That is not true since only national merit & few others have been admitted to engineering … definitely not someone who applied on Jan 2.

It makes a BIG difference to anyone keeping stats on this. You are an auto admit. You should know this.

I really don’t think it’s that deep lol? I was writing it so quickly I missed the engineering part, but if you read my whole post, I said under review for engineering. I also said I think I’m an auto-admit. If you’re keeping track of stats and saw that I said yes, it’s not that difficult to see that I haven’t gotten out of engineering review because 1) I applied Jan 2nd, 2) I literally said my major was under review.

I obviously misread, but it shouldn’t be that hard to understand. No need for people to say I’m “fake” or that I didn’t research the university much. Also not sure what being OOS has to do with any of this.

Howdy!!
@Thelma2 I’m posting my Current Stats for your ledger and I will update any changes later
When did you apply: 1/2/18 application only (no essays) – Received Gmail from College of Engineering 1/9/18 (Said Oops you have one day left! Relax take a deep breath and submit
essay A and B) Submitted both essays on 1/10/18–I did not submit C
When did you get your UIN: 1/4/18
Auto-Admit/Academic Admit/Review Admit: Applied for Academic Admit
Did you get in: YES-- Academic Admit–main campus-- Received Admission letter dated 1/16/18-- Accepted offer/Applied for housing/paid deposit on 1/18/18-- Received Priority dorm-status
College of Choice: College of Engineering (Answered NO on application when asked about considering the possibility of attending Galveston/ Academy/ Blinn-team)
Major: 1st–Chemical Engineering 2nd–Bio-Medical Engineering
Did you receive your Engineering decision: Waiting-- AIS status is currently listed as Engineering Review-- HOWDY status changed this morning 6:00 AM 1/21/18 from Engineering Review to
ENGL-CH (Hoping AIS will update within 24 hours like others on here have stated)
Honors Program: NO I did not apply
SAT: 1440 (740 MATH - 700 Reading)
ACT: 32 Composite (31 MATH - 34 English - 33 Reading - 30 Science)
GPA: 4.9 weighted - 3.7 unweighted— Enrolled in the most rigorous/advanced classes offered Total: 25 (AP/ Pre-AP/Dual-Credit classes since 9th grade) Currently taking:
AP Calculus-BC/ AP Physics -C/ AP Biology/ AP Statistics
Clubs/EC/Work: National Honor Society/ Key Club/ Student Council/ 200- Community-School volunteer hours/ No work history
In-State/ White/ Female

When did you apply: 9/25/17
When did you get your UIN: few days later
When did you receive your (engineering) admission decision: ___
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit?: Review
Major/College of Choice: Engineering (1. Aerospace, 2. Computer Science)
Did you get in: ___
Honors program: ___
Class Rank: 163/620
GPA: 4.5036 weighted, 3.5 unweighted, 15 advanced credits, 4 College/Tech Prep courses in Engineering
ACT: 24 (Math 30)
SAT: 1350 (Math 750)
Clubs/EC: National Honor Society / Mu Alpha Theta / German Club / Academic All-District / Club Sport / 3 Week Ambassador Leadership Program (Italy, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, and France)
Work: Grounds keeper and maintenance worker; Lifeguard; Internship for a robotics company
Team/Community/School/Church Volunteer: 100+ hours
Wrote all 3 essays
In-State/ White/ Male
Applied early and status has always read: “My App Is Complete And In Review”

@Thelma2 UPDATED Stats for Engineering Admissions spreadsheet!
I was officially admitted into the College of Engineering (Chemical). My AIS updated 1/22/18 and I was given a new tab to pay and register for the upcoming NSC. All the summer dates are currently open and still have availability. I selected the first conference on 5/30-5/31/18.
I wanted to share that I feel the staff at TAMU Admissions Department are top-notch and I am extremely impressed. They are obviously working very hard on processing application decisions. I never expected to hear back so soon! Especially a 10-day turnaround with admission into TAMU and General Engineering.
My AIS admission application updated on 1/11/18 from incomplete status to complete/now in review.

AIS updated again on 1/16/18 with admitted into TAMU with engineering major currently under review.
Lastly the HOWDY portal updated on 1/21/18 with admitted into College of Engineering (Chemical).
Also, I would like to THANK-YOU for keeping track of all the stats! I started following your post on various threads a while back. The information and advice shared, has been very beneficial and has helped me tremendously.
Thanks again!! :-bd

Well, all that and… I got into engineering! I got an e-mail in the morning; it’s also on the portal, of course. This is super exciting!

After waiting for 6 months (lol) I’m going to call admissions people today and see if there was a problem. I’m thinking that maybe my application got lost or skipped over accidentally and honestly I’m sick of waiting.

I didn’t want it to come to this because I didn’t want to seem entitled to the major I choose but at some point I expect some kind of decision :’-)

I feel the same way!!! My daughter applied 7/13 and we are still waiting yet people who applied in January get in…what the heck!!

@Roboman3000 and @RForrestR @debrajohn @mlaformatpls @engineeringkid11 @rajiv5612 @1786Bellerophon @powpow97 @TXPapa could you please state your stats?

Congratulations to the new admits. Don’t lose hope to the rest. It seems they are released in batches . That someone’s app wasn’t in a particular batch is frustrating for sure. I am sure admissions wants to get the decisions to everyone as soon as they can. There are literally thousands to process.

When did you apply:
When admitted to University:
When did you receive your (engineering) admission decision (if applicable):
For university admissions: Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit?:
Major/College of Choice:
In State/OOS (where)
Class Rank:
ACT/SAT (with Math Subscore):