TAMU Class of 2022 - Engineering Admission Decisions

Howdy, everyone!

When did you apply: July 7th with all required papers in by July 13th
When admitted to University: Still waiting.
Major/College of Choice: Computer Science
In State
Class Rank: 15/91
ACT: 21 (26 or 27 Math)
SAT: 1100 (570 Math)

I know I don’t have the best scores but am still hopeful because I have a large amount of extra circular activities. I also have some decent awards and Ap classes.

Can anyone tell me when the last wave was and when the next one is expected? I don’t know how y’all feel, but to me not hearing anything back for 6-7 months is kinda depressing.

@NoScreenNameBoii Not sure how the waves work but I know people have been getting accepted in the past couple of days so I believe we’re currently in a wave. Also as for your acceptance, I don’t want to crush your dreams or anything but I wouldn’t keep my fingers crossed for computer science if you haven’t been accepted in general yet… who knows, I probably don’t, but my scores aren’t the greatest either and I know I don’t have the best shot at getting in, even though I was an academic admit.

Major: Computer Science (CoE)
GPA: 3.78 unweighted, 5.16 weighted (large jump from all on-level classes to upper-level classes with straight A’s)
SAT: 1360 (730 Reading, 630 Math), 1320 (660 Reading, 660 Math)
ACT: N/A (which I deeply regret not taking…)
AP’s: Physics 1, Physics C, Computer Science A, US History, US Government, Macroeconomics, Calculus BC (also in Honors Computer Science 3, not an AP though)
EC’s: French Club, Chess Club, Recycling
Work: USSF and HSSOA Soccer Referee for 4 years
Essays submitted: A and B
I applied a day before the early deadline back in October.

I think I’m just above average for Computer Science majors (besides my EC’s, they’re lacking a bit), just to give you an idea of who is still waiting for full acceptance. At this point, I’m just hoping for CompSci at CSTAT or engineering at Galveston for 1 year.

So I called admissions customer service and gave the lady my UIN so she could see if there was any problem. She didn’t see anything wrong and said she didn’t know how Engineering was handling their decisions.

Basically the only useful information I got was that they are trying to get all decisions for early action sent out before February. She doesn’t know if they’ll make it or not but sadly all we can do is wait and see.

Major: Chemical Engineering
GPA: 3.23 unweighted, 4.80 weighted
SAT: 1330
ACT: 30
AP’s: All classes (except PE and couple of electives) have been at AP level or pre-AP for all 4 years of HS
EC’s: Varsity Baseball
Work: Lifeguard 100 hours of community service
Essays submitted: A and B
Applied in July 2017

P.S. I was worried about there being a problem on my end because my stupid high school counselor sent a transcript to UT Austin after deleting the part that says I’m on track to meet the state of Texas’ requirements to graduate and couldn’t figure it out for 2 1/2 months until I called my admissions counselor there to check and see what the problem was. Wow long sentence but yeah, I thought that maybe even though I was admitted to the university through auto, engineering would see that problem and not accept me.

@lostfirstchild Thank you for letting us know where Admissions is in the process.
You have excellent credentials. I personally don’t think you should be as concerned about your EC’s as you seem to be. When you do get to college, however, do yourself a favor: get out there and try some! Best wishes to you.

@MomHopesNxtGenAg thank you so much! I sure will!!

My son spoke with an A&M adviser at his high school campus yesterday. He seems to think my son will be offered Blinn Team or admittance to Galveston for Engineering. I know quite a bit about Blinn, but haven’t heard much about the Galveston pathway. My son already has taken quite a few AP and duel credit courses. How will the Gateway pathway work? He was told by this adviser that he would have to stay at Galveston for two years before he could transfer to the Texas A&M College Station university. Is this true?

I was told to apply early because that would be advantageous. I’m still waiting on an engineering review decision.

When did you apply: August 15, 2017
When did you get your UIN: August 16, 2017
When did you receive your (engineering) admission decision: Engineering Review - Still waiting, it was deferred
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit?: Academic Admit
Major/College of Choice: Engineering - Aerospace Engineering
Did you get in: deferred decision - still waiting
Honors program:
Class Rank: My school does not rank. I’m classified as a Texas resident, but attend an international school overseas currently. I am in the top 25% of my cohort.
ACT/SAT (with Math Subscore): 33 (Math 32)/1420 (Math 720)
Weighted GPA: 4.23

What are my chances? I see others have been accepted.

What were your sons stats? @GManmom123

When did you apply: Oct 15, 2017
When did you get your UIN: Oct 18, 2017
When did you receive your (engineering) admission decision: Still be reviewed
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit?: Review Admit
Major/College of Choice: Mechanical Engineering
Class Rank: Highschool doesn’t rank. A&M ranked him in the 2nd quartile - his highschool is extremely competitive
SAT (with Math Subscore): 1390 (Math 780)
Weighted GPA: 3.7
Extracurriculars: Football/Track - 4 years (Varsity 3yrs for both), Earned black belt in Tae Kwon Do, Worked part time jobs, National Honor Society, Mu Tau Alpha, basically took all AP and dual credit courses possible, UT Physics class (earned an A), Youth group, limited amount of volunteer hours (basically worked at our community gardens and volunteer work through NHS)

He is currently in Calculus BC and doing really well.

Has anyone been admitted to Engineering at College Station with SAT score in the 1200s? Or even 1300s?

@z062000 yes, my son had a 1330 SAT (640 math) but he also took ACT 30 (27 math).

@GManmom123 The “advisor” at your son’s school is incorrect. If he is offered Engineering at Galveston, he will do the exact same general engineering courses at the Galveston campus that the students are doing in general engineering at the College Station campus. Your son would be at the Galveston campus the two semesters of his freshman year at minimum. He will have to complete the core freshman engineering classes with a minimum grade of C and apply to a major in April of his freshman year.

If he successfully completes the freshman general engineering classes and applies to major, he will automatically be transfered to the College Station campus for his sophomore year and he will complete his degree there. If he fails to complete the required freshman general engineering classes, say he gets a D in Math 151, he will be at the Galveston campus the following fall (his third semester) and apply to major in November. If he is successful in Math 151 with a C this time, he will automatically transfer to the College Station campus Spring semester, to complete his degree.

Engineering at Galveston program is in its first year currently with the class of 2021, so it is a very new program. There are several threads on it from last year you could search for.

Here is a link with information about Engineering at Galveston. It is a new program and is in its first year currently. Explore the links on the right. Admissions to E@G will still Apply to Major, just like the general engineering students in College Station. http://engineering.tamu.edu/academics/engineering-at-galveston

Does Blinn engineering have housing or dorms on the campus? @Thelma2

Congrats! Good to know. My daughter has higher scores on both math SAT1310 (670) and ACT 28 (29 math). Hopefully this means she has a good chance. She applied 7/13/17…the wait is annoying!

@z062000 You are co enrolled at Blinn community college and A&M. It is just like Blinn Team, except for engineering. AND you must be offered that admission decision to do it. Someone cannot be offered Blinn Team and “switch, transfer, move to” etc to Blinn Engineering.

A Blinn Engineering Academy student, just like a Blinn Team student, can live on campus or off. They are not restricted to any certain dorm. Here is more of the program. https://engineering.tamu.edu/academies/blinn-bryan

So much for this:

Engineering:
"Notification of Decision
Decisions will be displayed on the Applicant Information System (AIS).

Early Action
Applicants who select Engineering as a first choice major and have a complete admissions file by October 15 will be notified in early December.

All Other Admission Decisions
Applicants will be notified by mid-January."

This is on A&M website. What is really going on with this…seems there is something more then just the hurricane. I think extending the deadline was the biggest mistake A&M ever made. I am guessing they got way too many applicants.

Very frustrating.