TAMU Class of 2022 - Engineering Admission Decisions

Has anyone received a denial decision yet? When do those come out?

I emailed the admissions officer and they said “We hope to have all engineering decisions out by end of January – beginning of February.” :’(((((

@debrajohn I believe rejections are the last to go out in March.

We accepted Engineering Honors and it just changed to status admit-accept. There were several areas still red so we emailed Engineering Honors to make sure everything was in order. Response email said We are good to go and that some of the questions that remained red were for reapplying students. Today upon a looking. The 2018 app is gone. Nowhere does it actually say Coplete etc. a little confusing but I thought I’d share.

Im losing hope…

@TAMUprospect11 We have been discussing on the Holistic Admissions thread that TAMU Admissions seems to be mentioning mid-Feb. (on Twitter). We understand your concern. Just hang on a couple more weeks. You can do this.

@TAMUprospect11
Being top 8%, you are an auto admit for A&M. What date were you accepted into the university? Most auto/academic admits receive their admissions decision into the university within a few days to a week.

Per your December 19 post, you were accepted into A&M engineering (on the previous Friday, which would have been December 15-when a batch of engineering decisions went out) and were denied UH. Was that University Honors or University of Houston? It reads below as if it were U of H for engineering.

December 19th post, you wrote:
“The weirdest thing happened to me. I applied to TAMU September 21 and was accepted into the school of engineering on Friday. Im top 8% at a fairly competitive school with a pretty horrible sat for engineering (1250). however, when i applied to uh for engineering, expecting them to accept me with no doubt, i was turned down… Thoughts? i thought it was a little weird.”

Then in your January 15th post, you wrote:
@thelma2 what’s the chance of me getting at least the a&m Galveston option. I’m 44/575 for class rank. And on the sat I scored very poorly but people with the same sat score got into the main engineering. I want at least Galveston. I got a 1240. 640 on math and 600 in reading. I got into Houston engineering with a scholarship, and LSU engineering. I already got into tamu just not engineering. I wrote all three essays, one talked about an invention I had which a chemical company uses, I played two varsity sports all 4 Years, and have 120 hours of volenteer work.”

What events exactly, have you losing hope? You said you received your decision in December. Please help me understand what I am missing. I am thoroughly confused.

@Thelma2 i have got into the school, just not engineering yet. I thought i would get in by now but i have not and its scaring me. for uh, i called them and they made a mistake, and i did get accepted to their department for chemical engineering so im in some relief. im just losing hope for getting into engineering. I at least want the Galveston option. but like you said its not guaranteed . so im just growing a little tired of waiting.

@Thelma2 i thought i got into the engineering school for A&M because i thought admit means for engineering too, but recently i learned thats not the case…

i didnt know what it meant until i got the letter.

Thanks for the clarification, as I was going back to look to find your stats and I came across the conflicting posts.

To date, the admits thus far have been URM, national merit, Hispanic scholar and very strong math/physics readiness. There are a great many people still waiting on an admission decision who are auto/academic and have high scores. As the Admissions person says on TexAgs, a review applicant’s file can be read many times before a decision is made. I would think that every engineering application that isn’t a dead ringer shoe in in math/physics strength will be reviewed, and perhaps many times, to chose the best possible admissions for the best outcome for every student. You are in the boat with many other auto and academic admits who are still waiting, as are most of the review applicants. Everyone is waiting, so it is nothing specific to you. You have to decide if the wait is worth it for you.

Don’t be easily discouraged. You are going to need a strong constitution to get through that first year of engineering.

@TAMUprospect11 : What was your weighted and unweighted gpa? Did you take the ACT? You have listed your class rank and SAT score but not that info.
Good luck.
I hope everyone hears form TAMU soon.

life is suffering

I got six tabs!!! So what does that mean, like how long does AIS take till it updates?

Congrats! Can you share your stats? I don’t see them in previous threads.

Hey guys, just checked the portal and looks like last night I got accepted into general engineering for computer science. I’ve made posts previously with my stats and all. I’m going to call later to clarify but does everyone who gets accepted into CE get general engineering (their major) first year? Or do they get their major entry level? Because I thought that I got a second tier acceptance into college of eng but my dad is saying that this is what everyone gets first year.

Thank you and good luck to anyone who’s still waiting :slight_smile:

When did you apply: 10/12
When did you get your UIN: 10/14?
When did you receive your (engineering) admission decision: Not official just tabs on howdy
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit?:Review
Major/College of Choice: Petroleum Engineering
Honors program: No
Class Rank: 7%
ACT/SAT: 1250 (650 Math)

Oh and Im out of state, I have LOTS of ECs!

Finally!!! My daughter got an email today she made it into Engineering!. Decisions are finally being released after 7 months of waiting.

@lostfirstchild yes everyone gets general engineering the first year. You apply for specific major next spring. Be sure to look at degree plan on tamu for your major so you take the right classes for computer engineering. CONGRATS!!!