TAMU Class of 2022 - Engineering Admission Decisions

@Phantomsummer11

Not trying to be negative, but going to a “competitive” high school makes no impact on your admissions. Going to a “top 1% public high school” doesn’t mean anything because you aren’t “admitted” into a public high school through standards.

Individual class rank matters because it is expected that you are offered the same opportunities as your fellow classmates (that’s why a top 10% at a good public high school is rated the same as a top 10% in a bad public high school).

I will be very honest and frank, that SAT score is a bit lacking. Overall, admission could swing either way, worst case is probably Blinn.

My son was top quarter of his class and his sat was 1340, 640 in math and he was given full admit to cstat engineering. Literally anything can happen, no one on this forum knows how they weigh all the other things such as letters, essays and activities.

From the aggiebound Twitter account on 1/29:
TAMU is working to process applications as quickly as possible. Applicants to Engineering who applied during the early action period are being given top priority. Our goal is to get these decisions out prior to Aggieland Saturday on Feb. 10.

When did you apply:11/28(regular decision)
When did you get your UIN:12/8
When did you receive your (engineering) admission decision:1/30
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit?:Auto Admit(i think so )
Major/College of Choice:Mechanical Engineering
Did you get in:Yup
Honors program:N/A
Class Rank:N/A
ACT/SAT (with Math Subscore):1280 (math-690)
Congratulations to all those who got admitted and all the best to those who are waiting

@tamujuul you will get in no issues

My son applied by the Oct 15th deadline to A&M Engineering. He is a review admit. Will he have to wait until all the automatic admits are offered their acceptances? When will the Blinn and Galveston offers be sent out? Is it after ALL the auto admits? Wow, this waiting is so stressful.

Looking at other forums, looks like there are a lot of non-Engineering acceptances being sent out today.

I am a review admit, who applied early action but have not received a decision yet. Wondering when it’ll come

@college34476 Someone reported earlier with communication that Admissions/Engineering is working diligently on getting out the decision of all of those who applied Early Action before any other decisions go out. There is not a date/time frame for any releases. They just come when they show up. Asking admissions gets vague answers to wrong answers. They don’t know or they aren’t saying.

Since Jan 30 was the last one for ENRG applicants, hopefully another will be coming soon.

Will the following please post their stats on the forum or PM me if you prefer (and any lurkers) for the stats sheet. Also, please post your decision when you receive it. I would like to have all decision types for the stats for next year’s applicants. Thank You.
Date Applied:
Class Rank:
Auto/Academic/Review admit to the University:
Date Admitted to University:
Date Admitted to General Engineering:
SAT/ACT with Subscores:
Maths/physics completed by Graduation:
EC’s and ENGR EC’s, classes, etc:
MISC Info:

@mlaformatpls @engineeringkid11 @rajiv5612 @1786Bellerophon @powpow97 @TXPapa @bookaworme @queen66 @putter49 @Ethansports

Did any of the following receive admissions to ENGR and what day?

@tigerclaw1123 @MasterrrSword @Aggmom2022 @Student55337

When did you apply: 9/27/2017
When did you get your UIN:10/12/2017
When did you receive your (engineering) admission decision: N/A
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit?: Auto-admit
Major/College of Choice: Chemical Engineering
Did you get in:still in review
Honors program: Yes
Class Rank: top 10%
ACT/SAT (with Math Subscore): 1170(670 math)

Still waiting for a decision for my son. This is frustrating. I know his SAT scores will make it tough for him but we’re hoping they’ll take in consideration the math score.

@college34476 I spoke with admissions yesterday and they said they’re still processing many applications but couldn’t give me a definitive on when we would receive word.

Will the following please post their stats on the forum or PM me if you prefer (and any lurkers) for the stats sheet. Also, please post your decision when you receive it. I would like to have all decision types for the stats for next year’s applicants. Thank You.
Date Applied:
Class Rank:
Auto/Academic/Review admit to the University:
Date Admitted to University:
Date Admitted to General Engineering:
SAT/ACT with Subscores:
Maths/physics completed by Graduation:
EC’s and ENGR EC’s, classes, etc:
MISC Info:

@mlaformatpls @engineeringkid11 @rajiv5612 @1786Bellerophon @powpow97 @TXPapa @bookaworme

Has anyone’s status updated? I know there was a ton of people accepted into TEAM today. My status hasn’t changed. AIS still says I’m in review for computer science.

There was a lot of chatter tonight about Blinn Team but I have only 7 who actually posted a decision.

Does the fact that they have already started Blinn acceptance mean that Engineering at College Station is full? My AIS still says in review.

I noticed on another forum that people are being offered Blinn, but I didn’t see any Engineering admits. Has anyone from Engineering been offered acceptance?

@GManmom123 On the holistic thread @Thelma2 stated that engineering did not go out yesterday. My son has a red bar on AIS stating “technical difficulties”. His drop down menu only contains a single major it used to have both listed as i recall. still waiting

Nope! No changes to my son’s Howdy or AIS, other than the location (College Station) that everyone’s been talking about this week. Sounds like that was just a system enhancement and means nothing.

Oh…yes, he also had just one major listed in the drop down box. Probably another system enhancement!