TAMU Class of 2022 - Engineering Admission Decisions

@tinley I am sorry, I don’t know of any significance in the drop down menus. That is great to look into the other engr academies as back ups. I have not explored them much, as the ACC is very new as I believe is Blinn Engineering Academy. Not sure that was an option for class 2020.

@Jsmom1974 The Galveston option is full A&M admissions, they just ran out of seats at college station. Blinn Engineering Academy is not full admissions. He will have to qualify for full admissions. Something to think about before you pull the trigger. Blinn engineering Academy can be helpful if he needs to beef up on math or have a less intensive intro into a competitive college from the get go. There are benefits to both. You need to decide which is the right path.

@tamujuul The Entry To A Major (ETAM) process is all online. Blinn Engineering Academy students will do the ETAM same as the Galveston and College Station students. The web page is not loading for me for some reason. Look up TAMU Engineering ETAM. There are links on the right that even have a sample application. Click on the different classes and it will show you what % are in their first choice major (of eligible applicants) and how many are in their first or second choice major.

Not every student is eligible to apply to major during their second semester, due to not passing the required courses with a C or better, so they have to repeat in the fall.

What Blinn Team (in Bryan) and Blinn (at Bryan) Engineering Academy have in common is they are both admission decision pathways from A&M. The difference is Blinn Team is co enrollment at Blinn Community College and A&M and is offered to applicants of all majors except engineering.

Blinn Engineering Academy (at Bryan) is like Blinn Team engineering students.

The A&M Blinn Brenham Engineering Academy is not an admissions decision from A&M but must be applied to seperately, as an individual college. Same as the A&M Engineering Academy at Austin Community College and the others.

On AIS it says when you go to select your option that “The Engineering Academy at Blinn-Bryan is full.” It still lets you select Blinn for your option though. I know AIS has been having issues the past couple of days, does it say this for anyone else?

does this mean that if you applied for Chem Eng at college station and are still waiting that you are not being accepted? Are you saying everything is full?

@debrajohn I think full acceptances will still be rolling out through next week but as of now apparently Blinn-Bryan has filled up

When did you apply: 7/13/17
When did you get your UIN: 7/18
When did you receive your (engineering) admission decision:2/8/18
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit?: Academic Admit
Major/College of Choice: Chemical Engineering
Did you get in: Not into general, but I did get Blinn.
Honors program: Didn’t Apply
Class Rank:19/98
ACT/SAT (with Math Subscore): 1410 (760 Math)

Thought i’d post my stats, strange that I didn’t get in with such a high math score.

@flyer36 I spoke to admissions yesterday. Blinn is not full. It’s just a software glitch. I logged in from my phone and was able to choose it.

@Thelma2 Thank you so much for the information. We did choose the Blinn option. We felt the extra help at Blinn would be useful to him. Plus he has a roommate already that is an engineering major that is helping him as well. The Galveston route would be a great one for sure but in his case we felt Blinn was the better option. He didn’t take the news well of not getting in TAMU but he’s at peace now.

Someone help me understand. My daughter was accepted to A&M (Top 10%) but did not make it into Engineering. Her options were to 1) select a new major and enroll full time @ College Station 2) Enroll in Engineering @ Galveston 3) Join Engineering Academy @ Blinn-Bryan 4) Enroll in Engineering @ McAllen. She tried to choose her 2nd choice Architecture - Visualization, but it is full. She really wants to do computer/technical stuff, but all that stuff she really wants to do is tied into Engineering. So now she is trying to find SOMETHING to major in, just to go to A &M. Does anyone have any advice as to the other options she was given or should she to to another college in which she has been accepted into an Engineering program. Please help this is all so confusing for us (me). Thank you!!

@aggiemom2b It depends what kind of engineering. If civil I would try construction science. Maybe look at physics or chemistry as well

@AggieMom2B Why not just do engineering at at Blinn-Bryan? If she wants to do something in engineering and be at A&M thats a really good option. She will still be an Aggie.

@Jsmom1974 Thanks for letting me know!
When I saw that line that read “The Engineering Academy at Blinn-Bryan is full,” I damn near had a heart attack haha… I panicked and selected Engineering at Galveston thinking that it would fill up fast and I thought I had no other option. I also verified it with them that it was indeed a system error and they told me I would be able to change my decision Monday.

Now I just have an irrational fear that Blinn will fill up right as I choose it on Monday…

Finally, I officially got my offer from Blinn-Bryan lol. Good luck and thank you to all the moms on this forum (and the rest of you)!

Congrats, @flyer36. Well done. Can u tell if the offer arrived yesterday (Friday) or this morning (Sat)? Thx

@TAMUfan1212

Wow, its such a pity you didn’t get in. My stats were basically the same as yours (760 math, rank 20%). I applied in September and got my engineering acceptance in November.

Are you sure there wasn’t some sort of mistake? It seems weird that you would apply months before I did, but end up getting your acceptance in February, and only to Blinn.

@AggieMom2B definitely so blinn engineering academy. Great program. Will take eng courses at Tamu!!! Good luck! It’s really a great option!

Thanks all. After attending Aggieland Saturday today and talking to advisors, she’s doing the Blinn-Bryan option now that she found out she can still live on tamu campus and do all things Aggie and just take some core classes at Blinn.

@AggieMom2B : So glad that y’all had a great time! Aggieland Is just the friendliest place! Glad that your daughter is accepting the Blinn-Bryan Engineering offer! It is a great opportunity to live the Aggie life! :slight_smile:

Check out my TAMU Blinn-TEAM Fall 2017: parent perspective thread on CC. It is what our family is experiencing. It isn’t the Engineering option but does have some general info that might be helpful.

Whoop! I’m so happy for all of the new Aggies and their families! Join an Aggie Moms Club in your area, they are a wealth of info and have interesting monthly meetings!

For parents of new (or existing) Aggies, if you are on FB, look for and join the Mom and Dad’s of Current Aggiess
know that it is only for parents (and step) and not extended family or students. It is very helpful.
You will be asked questions by the moderator, probably via Private Message, so check your FB messages!
Initial Posts are informative: sharing or gathering info - not chatty, but it’s fine for the replies to be chatty.