TAMU Class of 2022 - Engineering Admission Decisions

@Thelma2 It is my first time posting in this thread but I’ve been following from the beginning for my DS. I post this information to possibly help others in the following years that share similar circumstances and you with the data collection.

When did you apply: 1/2018
When did you get your UIN: 1/2018
When did you receive your (engineering) admission decision: 2/2018
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit?: Academic
Major/College of Choice: Eng (Mech)
Did you get in: Yes
Honors program: Yes
Class Rank: homeschooled, non-rank
ACT/SAT (with Math Subscore): 1440 (730)

Thank you for all you do for everybody on these threads!

@Thelma2 - my son received PSA last night. But his preferred major in Computer Science doesn’t work with PSA, only Computer Engineering. UT Dallas I think will be his choice since he gets his choice of Software engineering major. Thank you for all the info. Also UTD allows deferring a semester since we were OOS until December 2017.

Thank you @Thelma2 , since the main attraction at A&M was the Corps of Cadets on main campus, I think I will take up the offer at Iowa State Engineering another legacy school. My dad went to Iowa State.
You’ve have been very helpful throughout this process. Appreciate your instant feedback very much.

Good Luck, @ChennaiAg Iowa is a GREAT school. One person who was instrumental ion CC, when my son was applying to A&M, had another son at Iowa in engineering and was thoroughly impressed with it.

Thanks for the update @BigWally. Sounds like UTD is the way to go and works out perfectly with the new move. Welcome to Tejas!

Thanks for the stats @jsg2018 Congrats on your admissions and Welcome to being an AGGIE!

Hello, My daughter is a bit disappointed that she didn’t get into TAMU. But she did get into Texas A&M Engineering Academy at Blinn-Brenham.
I learnt a lot reading this thread, but still have a question: Once you accept the Blinn offer - are you still in the waiting list for TAMU? Or the only way is to spend an year at Blinn and then transfer to TAMU?
Thanks,
Murli

Unlike some other schools, there is no waiting list for TAMU. The appeals process is still available, but there would have to be extraordinary circumstances for an appeal to be granted.
The Blinn-Brenham Engineering Academy has been operating for several years and has a good transition rate to the main campus. The Brenham academy is adding new state of the art facilities this fall. The Academies are the preferred pathway into Engineering on the main campus after a year (or two). Congratulations to your daughter. This is a very good program.

@MiWiTx we travelled to Brenham Friday for their preview day. I wrote a report and started a seperate thread on the academy. It is a great way to transition to A&M full time. http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/texas-m-university/2062343-engineering-academies.html#latest

Is it correct that UT Austin’s engineering is superior to that of TAMU’s engineering?

I wished i applied to UT Austin, but i missed its application deadline, which is sad because i would have been automatically admitted to ut austin (i’m in the top 7%)

After this blunder of mine, i sure did not miss TAMU’s deadline.

UT Austin and TAMU have the best engineering programs in all of Texas.

so even if i cannot go to UT Austin, at least i have TAMU.

besides the slightly inferior academics of TAMU to UT Austin, another concern is that white supremacists rally there on campus, and that diversity is not as accepted as it is on UT Austin.

and i also heard that TAMU students are kind of fake, like they present themselves outwardly as friendly (hence the friendly vibes everyone claims to feel when visiting TAMU’s campus) but in reality they are thinking themselves as superior or they are secretly judging you for something superficial.

Pro@procrastinator - what r your stats? R u in-state?

UT is ranked higher but I’m not sure I would use the word superior. I’m a UT grad and have never experienced the welcome my son has experienced from Texas A&M. I was mentioning all the information and different ways they get kids together (NSC, Fish Camp, Facebook forums) at A&M, and my niece (who is a sophomore in Engineering} was surprised. Also, A&M is a public Texas university, so its enrollment is geared towards Texans. I like that about A&M. Anyway, by the sound of your post, you might be better suited to try to get into UT.

pro@procrastinator: Please get your facts from reliable sources instead of what someone several steps removed from the situation says.

Rabble rousing people of all sorts can apply to gather at any University in the State of TX, but that does NOT mean that those people are supported by that University administration or its students. When such a hateful event was scheduled quite a while back, the Aggies of TAMU held a peaceful counter gathering and no one attended the hateful event. The last hateful event that a rabble rousing group wanted to hold on the TAMU campus was cancelled because of the safety and security of everyone. There are hateful people who travel to these events just to spread hate and violence and they do not represent Aggies.

If you think that an Aggie education is inferior and beneath your high abilities, then you probably won’t be happy in CStat. If you think that Aggies are 'fake", you probably won’t enjoy enjoy living the Aggie life in CStat. And you may not enjoy earning an Aggie diploma or wearing an Aggie ring.

If you haven’t experienced what Aggie life is like, please visit CStat. You might like it.Make your own decision based on your own experience, not just what someone else says.

But if you don’t like your experience in CStat, maybe the Aggie life isn’t for you. Perhaps you will be more comfortable starting your college career at ACC and transferring to tu asap. God Speed.

When did you apply: 10/10/2017
When did you get your UIN: around November
When did you receive your (engineering) admission decision: 2/8/2018
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit?: Academic Admit
Major/College of Choice: Chemical Engineering
Did you get in: No (Alternative offered)
Honors program: No
Class Rank: 127/731
ACT/SAT (with Math Subscore): 1370 SAT (Math 690)

Posting my info even though I will not be attending in order to provide info for next years applicants :slight_smile: .While I did want to attend A&M college station, not enough to have to attend blinn or galveston.
Did not expect to make it in but I believed I stood a good chance having taken various AP classes, improving my SAT from a 1210 to a 1370 within 2 months but its all a luck of the draw with so many people applying.

I have chosen to attend the University of Houston instead but I wish all current and future hopeful aggies good luck!

I was digging for NSC information and found this site. Here is my daughter’s statistics:

When did you apply: late Dec 2017
When did you get your UIN: 1/3/2018
When did you receive your (engineering) admission decision: 1/30/2018
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit?: Academic Admit
Major/College of Choice: Biomedical Engineering
Did you get in: Yes
Honors program: N/A
Class Rank: no ranking
ACT/SAT (with Math Subscore): 1310 SAT (Math 750)

International student but Texas resident.

This thread has been so helpful. I decided to add my son’s statistics. @Thelma2
When did you apply? Sometime in September (early decision
When did you get your UIN? A few days later
When did you receive your engineering admission? 11/21
He was an auto-admit
Major of choice: chemical engineering
Class rank: 2/235
SAT: 1290 math (640)

ACT: 28 and he made straight 28’s in each subject
Extracurricular: I’m not listing all, but very strong in this area. Phi Theta Capa, National Honor Society, Student Advisory Board, Optimist boy for November, Rotary Club Unicorn award, all state band member, jazz band, several community service hours, church band played guitar and trumpet, took pre-ap and AP/duel credit classes all 4 years (almost everything our school district offered), attended aggie stem camp, and much more.
Honors program: He has been accepted in both engineering honors and university honors programs.

He did not get into UT engineering and was offered Liberal Arts, but did not want to go there. I am so glad he wanted to be an aggie instead!

Has anyone applied/heard back from the Nuclear Engineering program yet?

@tamuquestions Are you inquiring about freshman admissions or transfer admissions?

@MomHopesNxtGenAg Transfer

This particular thread is oriented toward freshman admissions.
There is a very active transfer thread (link below). Please post your question there, and good luck to you!

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/texas-m-university/2048592-tamu-transfer-fall-2018-p20.html

@Thelma2

My friend got accepted into the university and the college of engineering back in February for aero. Today he found out from our school that he no longer is in the top ten percent. How does this affect him? Is he still going into the engineering school next year? He got full admission into college station.

@MelonHusk

He will be fine, he might want to call and notify (but I honestly don’t see any reason why he would be denied).