TAMU Class of 2022 - Engineering Admission Decisions

The first 6 semester standing is what counts - no need to notify ( I would not draw negative attention to yourself).

You will submit transcript at the end of school year with all courses passed. Your end of year ranking will not affect the admissions decision - it does not change unless you really bomb your final semester or don’t graduate. The same is true if you become top 10% at the end of 8 semesters – your status does not change if you were given alternate admissions when you applied for the fall 2018. Many students fluctuate as senioritis kicks in – all universities have the right to rescind offers of admissions however, it is usually an extreme case of academic decline not just a little slip up.

I agree with @AGmomx2. I’d also like to add that some schools don’t even rank the last semester. My son’s school told them that their 1st semester senior rank is the last one they will get and they won’t rank at the end of the year. The counselors said there isn’t enough time before seniors need final transcripts sent to the colleges.

@trish02

At my school its similar, but the ranks are frozen instead. Keeps the logistics down.

TAMU will not revoke acceptances based on anything but failing. No worries.

Can anyone comment on whether they have been offered merit scholarships from the College of Engineering?

Just thought I should mention this. Next years academic catalog is tentatively scheduled to be published May 1st. It will reflect the new engineering and physics curriculum. Class times for ENGR 102 should also come out within the following weeks to allow us to prepare possible schedules for our NSC.

@Evon1254 What do you mean by new engineering and physics curriculum? Are they changing the degree plans (specifically BS Physics)? TIA

@trish02 I’m talking about the changes to the engineering and physics classes for engineering majors only. No longer will engineers take ENGR 111/112 and PHYS 208/218. They are being replaced by ENGR 102 and engineer specific physics courses.

@Evon1254 Thanks for the clarification!