TAMU Class of 2022 - Engineering Admission Decisions

Thanks @frankund

Got into General Engineering (Electrical) today!

Looks like a lot of acceptances for engineering went out today (11/21).

Congrats @frankund @LilyWu @jeyaraji @anxious_stdnt @zmom22 @magic09 and @quillwielder

Congrats @RMNiMiTz and@LilyWu @jeyaraji @anxious_stdnt @zmom22 @magic09 and @quillwielder

YAY! @RMNiMiTz YAY!! Congrats!

@Thelma2 Do you notice any commonality seen amongst those who received acceptances to engineering yesterday? Auto admit/academic admit/very high math sub scores? Seems the first round was NMSF. Also, I didn’t see any BMEN - do you know if admissions sorts by intended major (I understand that this isn’t applied for at this time, but it is listed as an intended major). Thanks!

@seniormom1823

All the stats posted here were all ~750 in their SAT Math subsection. I saw several NM Commended (others didn’t say so idk).

I saw a couple EE/CS with one ChemE and one Aero (but we have a very small sample size here).

1470 (790 m)
12% rank

Got in today

When did you apply: 09/21
When did you get your UIN: 09/23
When did you receive your (engineering) admission decision: Nov 21st, Dwight Look College of Engineering(Petroleum Engineering)
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit?: Auto-Admit
Major/College of Choice: Petroleum Engineering
Did you get in: Yes!
Honors program: Haven’t Applied Yet
Class Rank: 7%
ACT/SAT (with Math Subscore): 1330 ( 710-Math)

I was recently accepted into Texas A&M University College Station for Computer Science (Engineering).
I was a holistic review candidate.

Here is some helpful information for others who are also applying -
When did you apply: 10/20
When did you get your UIN: 10/23 (my application was complete on 11/3)
When did you receive your engineering admission decision: 11/21
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit?: None
Major/College of Choice: Computer Science
Did you get accepted?: Yes
Honors Program?: Not yet applied
Class Rank: School does not rank, but I was in the top 14%
ACT/SAT: I sent my ACT score with a composite of 30 (35 Math, 33 Reading, 26 Science, 25 Writing)
Did you do all 3 essays: Yes
Did you send a resume?: Yes, I sent my UT Austin expanded resume
Recommendation Letters?: 1 Letter from my college counselor and 1 from my Pre-calculus teacher

Congrats @Shadowsych! Good Luck at UT. My S was asked to chose any major other than stem (applied engineering). was national merit commended and has an ongoing internship as a Sr in high school and full time in summer at an aerospace engineering company and was 11%. It’s tough. His decision came out the 3rd Friday in Feb, same as A&M sent bulk decisions (he had been admitted to engineering back in the fall).

@SitDownBeHumble YAY!!! I am so happy for you! Congratulations. So glad you retook the SAT and secured that academic admit status. Way to Go.

@Amnay99 Thank You for posting your stats and acceptance. Congratulations!! Stick around if you plan on accepting the decision. There is a ton of info on CC for NSC, registration, housing, etc. With 3 in college, at 3 different universities, A&M is by far the most competitive for everything. Even getting a parking pass.

@seniormom1823 @RMNiMiTz is correct. This is a small sampling and I have not been through the 2022 admits thread yet. There is some correlations. I did not list their majors on my excel.
One auto admit in top 1% of class SAT and 640 Math with all 4 PTLW Engineering classes, AP physics, AP stats, AP BC, AP Bio, and other engineering related stats.
The rest are auto/academic admits and the scores are in the 1400’s SAT (one ACT Math 35) with 1 being 690M and the rest 710-790.
I do not have any stats for you at all. Would you mind posting them?

Happy Thanksgiving!!

@Thelma2

When did you apply: 8/12
When did you get your UIN: 8/15
When did you receive your (engineering) admission decision: 11/21
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit? Auto-admit
Class Rank: 8.26%
ACT: 33 (Math 36)
SAT: 1460 (Math 780)

Congrats to all of you!!

Congrats to all of you!!

@Thelma2

When did you apply: 9/04
When did you get your UIN: 9/07
When did you receive your (engineering) admission decision: 11/21
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit? Review Admit
Get In? Yes
Honors Program: Awaiting
Did you do all essays? Yes
Recommendation Letters: Yes, I sent 2
ACT: 32 (math 35)
SAT: 1440 (math 800)

@Thelam2

When did you apply: 10/10 (ME)
When did you get your UIN: 10/19
When did you receive your (engineering) admission decision: waiting
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit? Auto-admit
Get In? Yes
Honors Program: Awaiting
Did you do all essays? Yes
Recommendation Letters: Yes, I sent 2, 1 from a doctor i have been doing research with for the passed 2 years and the dean of instruction.
ACT: 22 (math 24)
SAT: 1040 (math 520)

My son got admitted to College of Engineering (Computer Science). But the degree is showing as “BAC”. What does “BAC” mean?

Applied: 10/15
GPA: 4.29 (weighted)
SAT: 1450 (Math 770)
OOS

@Thelma2

I think I put stats on general admissions decision forum, but here you go for your spreadsheet. Your info on the timeline from 2021 helped us, so maybe this will help others.
Reporting for son

Applied: 7/2
UIN: 7/6
Admitted to university: 9/21 auto admit
Admitted to General Engineering: 10/5
(wants Biomedical when they get to declare major at end of Freshmen year)
Class rank: 22/517 top 4%
School: public, Texas, 5A
ACT: 33 composite (math 34, science 33)
SAT: 1450 composite (math 770)
SAT II: Math Level 2: 760 Physics: 710
AP Physics 1: 5
(has additional AP non math/science)

Math classes through Jr year: (all pre-AP) Algebra 1, Geometry, Algebra 2, Pre-Calculus
Math in progress Sr Year: AP Calculus AB
Science through Jr year: pre-AP Biology, pre-AP Chemistry, AP Physics 1
Science in progress: AP Physics 2

We think math/science scores and classes were the reason he received Engineering decision so early. We were surprised (but excited) at date of decision because we thought they wouldn’t start releasing until Dec.

Other Info, but don’t think the following had any influence on early notification:

Apply Texas Essays: only did A&B (told at admission session C was not needed based on stats, even for scholarship consideration)

Main ECs: Class President, Varsity Football, Marching Band, Varsity Soccer, Concert Band, Jazz Band

When did you apply: Late July
When did you get your UIN: A few days later
Admitted to Uni: 9/21
Admitted to General Engineering: 11/21(Want to go ECE)
Did you get in: Yes
School: Public 6A
Class Rank: ~74/~760, top 10%
ACT: 30 Comp, 35S, 30M,
2 Essays
Taking BC Calc. and APP2, have taken AP Chem
Internship at an EP firm, and FRC and a few other robotics programs throughout HS

@ilovefood01 Could you please provide your class rank?

Also, for clarification, you have “review admit” in your stats. Since all engr applicants are review for engr, were you a review applicant for university admissions? By your scores, it would appear you could be an academic admit with your ACT score (so long as you were in the top 25% of your graduating class and had high enough English sub score). If you are in state and top 10% of your graduating class, you would be an auto admit. For the excel sheet, could you please clarify if you were auto or academic or an actual review for the university.

@teslanijaxyu Could you please provide your class rank and the date you were admitted to the university. Actual date if you have it approx would be fine also.

@Ashish99 Congratulations on your son being admitted! The BAC means bachelors.