TAMU Class of 2022 - Engineering Admission Decisions

Thanks for the clarification. Is there any reason its showing as BAC instead of BS?

@Thelma2 rank: 14/525, Gpa; 4.256/6.000, scholastic average: 92.73, 18 college hours (only math course attempted: statistics), date admitted: 10/19/17, sorry got my UIN a few days later.

@Thelma2 sent application on 10/10, received UIN 10/12 and admitted to university on 10/19

My son is a holistic review applicant for TAMU. He selected mechanical eng and petroleum eng as first and second choice of major. I was wondering if anyone knows whether he will still get considered for admission by the university if engineering does not accept him?

@93txag You get admitted to the university first and then are looked at by The College Of Engineering. If you don’t get any sort of Blinn Academy, Gateway, or another type of admission for engineering you can choose a non-College Of Engineering Major that’s still available.

@93txag Would you please provide your son’s stats?
While it is possible he could receive admission to College Station, Engineering at Galveston is also a possibility, where applicants are offered to attend their freshman year in Galveston and complete the freshman general engineering curriculum and automatically switch to College Station for sophomore year onward, after the apply to their specific major in April of their sophomore year. The curriculum is the exact same as the general engineering students in CS.

What Evon1254 stated above is correct.

Reporting for my son.

Applied: 10/15
UIN: 10/31
Admitted to university: 11/21
Major: Computer Science in College of Engineering
Class rank: N/A (top 25 percentile in one of the most competitive schools in CA)
GPA: 3.89 (UW)
School: public, CA (OOS)
ACT: 34 composite (math 35, science 35)
SAT II: Math Level 2: 800

Math classes through Jr year: (all pre-AP) Algebra 1, Geometry (honors), Algebra 2, Pre-Calculus
Math in progress Sr Year: AP Calculus AB
Science through Jr year: pre-AP Biology, pre-AP Chemistry
Science in progress: CP Physics 1

@Thelma2 Here are my son’s stats.

What do you think his chances of admission are for TAMU overall as well as for the College of Engineering? Thanks in advance for feedback!

Date applied: July 30, 2017
Holistic review applicant for university
Date admitted: waiting
Class Rank: 142/570 (top 24%)
AP Classes: took AP US history, physics, calculus, econ, and gov’t
SAT: 1230 (640 Math)
College applied for: Dwight College of Engineering
ECs: 4 years golf, 230 hrs community service, an international mission trip, part time job
Did you do all 3 essays: yes
Leadership: Nat’l Honor Society, Texas Tech Explore Engineering Program, small group leader for church youth group
What is your highlight that you feel will make you stand out in the review process? Strong essays, community service, taking Calculus and Physics II senior year, 4 years engineering classes in high school

@93txag

A good SAT Math score is probably the most important part. After that, Class Rank, Course Rigor, Essays etc. are also essentials.

Just got notified that I got into the Engineering Honors Program. So everyone who already completed the application and waiting should go check.

@Colaboy82 How did you find out? Where do you see it on the website?

@brazos21 To get in you have to fill out a separate application on a different site. They will notify you if you got in through that website.
https://engineering.tamu.edu/programs/eh/admission

I believe the honors application is part of the apply texas app for those in state or at least another part of it. Could someone correct me if I am wrong. Not sure how notifications show up though.

Honors application for Engineering is a separate application on the A&M site. Apparently, they send out the decisions on your TAMU email.

DS Stats
Applied for Mechanical Engineering
GPA 3.24
Class Rank 202/620 (Competitive school)
SAT 1420 (760 Math , 660 RW)
SAT Math Level 2 Subject test 760

Applied 11/21

Is he an Acadamic or Holistic Review Candidate?
What are his chances?

@nilavu

If your DS is in the top 25% of her class, then yeah she’s academic admit.

@nilavu
He isn’t in the top 25% so he is a holistic review candidate but SAT score is really strong. Best of luck!

@Colaboy82 Did you receive the Honors notification on your TAMU email address? If so, how did you set that email up? My son did receive a TAMU email, but we can’t seem to get it verified.

@brazos21 When did you receive your admissions notification? It took 3 weeks post acceptance for my email to get processed and allowed me to sign in.

@brazos21 I did not get a notification in my email but when I went to the website my online application had said that I had been admitted and gave me the option to either accept or decline the offer.