TAMU Class of 2022 - Engineering Admission Decisions

@Colaboy82 On the Honors website it shows he has been admitted to Engineering Honors and “Notified”…with options to accept to deny…I sent email and they said the letter was sent to his TAMU email…of course we can’t sign into that email yet!

Just found out yesterday my daughter was accepted into Engineering school at A & M. She applied for Aerospace. She was not an auto admittance candidate, so we are so happy for her! She was top 25% of class, 30 on ACT, NHS, Academy of Science and Engineering, will have 30 college hours upon graduation and has several AP classes.

@spbyram
Congrats to your daughter! Do you know what time you guys checked?

@nilavu, All incoming freshmen are applying for General Engineering, indicating a preference for Mechanical, Chemical, Electrical, etc. Students do not apply to their specific discipline of Engineering until the spring of their freshman year (provided they meet all requirements during freshman year). This is a process called Entry To A Major (ETAM). @spbyram, Congratulations to your daughter! If she earned at least a 27 on both the Math and English sections of the ACT, she was an Academic Admit to the University (requires top 25% of class, 30 ACT, with at least 27 in Math/English). As mentioned, she hasn’t applied to Aerospace yet – she will enter under General Engineering and apply for her major in the spring. Good luck to your students – it’s an exciting time!

like at 6:00 am

My son has been accepted to Engineering :slight_smile:

When did you apply: 8/28/2017
When did you get your UIN: 8/31/2017
When did you receive your (engineering) admission decision: 11/21/2017
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit?: Auto-Admit
Major/College of Choice:

Did you get in: Yes
Honors program: Yes/Admitted
Class Rank: 9/641
ACT/SAT (with Math Subscore): ACT 33 (Math-35), SAT 1490 (Math-750)

My son was able to login into his TAMU email and saw that he recieved his acceptance into the Engineering Honors Program on Dec 5.

Congratulations!!

@Cmarquez How did he log into the email account?

I’m new so forgive me if I have missed anything.

For my son:

Applied July 1
Accepted Oct 8
Class rank: top 12%
GPA: 4.62
SAT:1430
ACT: 32
All AP courses

Still waiting to hear about college of engineering. Will they notify us or do we just keep checking in the application portal?

@tjshoe You will receive a letter in the mail and an update on your AIS.

@brazos21 he went to his AIS and the bottom it has tasks to complete that you can check off and one of those tasks it says: Activate your student A&M email and i believe when he clicked on it, it took him to where he could log into his tamu email. It has instructions on how to access it and set it up and when he went into his tamu email he had several emails from when he applied to the Engineering Honors Program on Nov 30 and getting accepted on
Dec 5.

Thank you @AggieMomAgain hes very excited or maybe Im more excited for him. :slight_smile:

Stats
Sent aplication on 9/24/2017
Act 28
Sat 1210
GPA 4.82
13% in class
6 AP classes all passed tests with five of tests with a 4 and one test passed with a 5
NHS,NTHS,NSHS
4 yr lettered varsity swimmer 2 yr captain
8 Year’s club swimming 3 yr captain
2 yr water polo
Summer league swimmer and coaches helper

Applied early action
Engineering
First choice- biomedical engineering
Second choice- biomedical science

Status - complete and in review

What are chances getting in TAMU full acceptance either with first or second major?
When should we know decision since we applied early action?

Hopefully within a few days, at the very least before 2018.

Has anyone heard anything either way over the last few weeks? My son is still in Engineering Review. He had applied in August to the university and was accepted right away (auto admit) and it is just making us so nervous to see that he is still in review when several of his friends received their acceptance at least a month ago.

@EngMom21 You are not alone. My son applied in July, was accepted to TAMU as an academic admit and we are still waiting to hear on engineering. He also has friends who have already been accepted to engineering. The waiting is awful! I at least get some hope when I see people on here are receiving notifications but it has been pretty quiet lately. I am praying we hear this week. I have not seen any definitive date for admission decisions for those who applied prior to the 10/15 date just “mid December.”

@hopeTAMUengmom While I’m sorry you all are waiting too, it does help to know we aren’t the only ones. At least I know his application isn’t just lost! lol Praying we hear this week too. Keep us posted!

In a quick look at last years results, the latest decisions for COE came out Dec. 21 then resumed in Jan.

I am following up on my post about Blinn-Brenham TAMU Engineering Academy as my son’s back up for CS or Galveston admission. We applied as per this academy’s online-posted process (can easily google this, and there are other academies elsewhere in the state). His records were received and recorded quickly (dual credit transcript, SAT (or ACT), high school transcript (which may have been optional until after graduation)). They solicited his meningitis shot records, which we have sent on. This academy is set up to release links to their own admission material after Jan. 20, presumably after TAMU main engineering admissions has progressed quite a ways. This appears to be a good pathway into TAMU-CS Engineering (transfer to major of choice with a 3.5 even after one year, and 52% transfer prospects otherwise), and it might give some peace of mind for those who aren’t sure about their chances with direct CS engineering admission. The contact is Ms. Ashley Hermes, ashley.hermes@blinn.org. I would like to think that TAMU main engineering admissions will have sent out a lot of admissions or at least deferrals before Jan. 20. Answers are coming, shouldn’t be long…