TAMU Class of 2022 - Engineering Admission Decisions

Greetings! Does anyone here on this threat think that these stats might be good enough for admission into Aero? Perhaps into BlinnTEAM or even full?

Application Date: 12/01/17
GPA and Class Rank: 3.55 Weighted (on a 5.0 Scale), 332/800 (Top 41%)
ACT Composite: 24
SAT: 1140
College applied for: Engineering (1), Liberal Arts (2)
Major in that College: Aerospace (1), Political Science (2)
Advanced Classes: AP World History, IB HL Physics, IB HL History
ECs: AFJROTC (4 Years), AFJROTC Drill Team (4 Years), AFJROTC Color Guard Team (3 years), Color Guard Commander (1 Year), California Scholastic Federation (1 Year), Video Game Club (1 Year), JV Wrestling (1 Year)
Did you do all 3 essays: Yes
What is your highlight that you feel will make you stand out in the review process?: Air Force JROTC Leadership, Community Service (150+ Hours)
In state/Out of State: Out of State (California)
Current Status on AIS: In Review

Additional Stuff:
Ethnicity/Race: Asian (Filipino)
SAT Subject Tests: Physics (620), World History (730), Math I (570)
AP Exams: World History (4), US History (5), Physics 1: Algebra-Based (3)

Got word from admissions and they said that the highest SAT/ACT scores are usually the ones that receive admittance first.

So my Son’s Howdy Portal changed late this afternoon under Application Status but I don’t know what it means for sure?

What it used to say:
Level: Undergraduate Major: UNEN Program: BAC-UNEN

Now it says:
Level: Undergraduate Major: ENGE Program: BAC-ENGE-ES

It also still says College Station Fall 2018 above this. Does this mean he was accepted at CS for engineering? AIS isn’t changed and when I called admissions they said they can only see what AIS says. Trying not to be excited…

Can anyone weigh in on this?

@hopeTAMUengmom

I believe this just means that your son’s AIS portal changed the name of the bachelor’s degree program, but your son is still applying for CS. I don’t believe this means your son is accepted, yet.

If your son or you have any questions about Texas A&M CS admissions, then you can always ask me. I got accepted into Texas A&M College Station CS a month ago.

mine on howdy just changed from “BAC-UNENG” to “BAC-ENGE-PE”… hopefully AIS will update tomorrow or soon!!!

We have 6 tabs in Howdy now and major changed to general engineering with biomedical in parenthesis. AIS still says under review but major also says general engineering. Does this mean admittance?

after my Howdy changed last night my AIS just changed today, now officially into engineering!! so relieved.

My AIS says general engineering now too. But AIS still says complete and under review. Does yours say admitted?
I have 6 tabs in Howdy now too.

at least for me 6 tabs on howdy just meant that i was going to get into A&M overall soon, i was academic admit so that was like way back in september for me and then i waited from then until last night when my howdy under manage applications changed to “BAC-ENGE-PE” from “BAC-UNENG” and then this morning my AIS changed to say admitted to general engineering (petroleum) rather than admitted but engineering review.

My son’s changed to General Engineering (Mechanical) under Major at the top. I don’t see “Under Review” anywhere anymore. But, he did not receive an email or anything. Is he in?

@tamubound
@emppme1

Six tabs on the Howdy portal means acceptance, so yea he or she got accepted into TAMU. Congratulations!

we Got 6 tabs in Howdy this morning and major changed to general engineering but AIS and Howdy still says under review. Does this mean accepted to TAMU college station but still in review for engineering? If so will I get a acceptance letter and the acceptance packet in the mail or do they wait until you are accepted into engineering?

AIS updated for my son this morning showing he was admitted to General Engineering (Electronic Sys ET)!!! It also allows him to register for his NSC and Howdy shows College Station.

Applied: 7/2
UIN: 7/6
Admitted to university: 9/21 academic admit
Admitted to General Engineering: 12/15
Class rank: 123/589 top 21%
School: public, Texas, 6A
ACT: 30 composite (math 27, english 29)
SAT: 1330 composite (math 640)
GPA 3.8 out of 4.0
He is highly involved in all of the bands at his high school and plans to join the Corp. He also had a letter of recommendation from a former graduate whom he worked for over the summer and a letter from one of his engineering teachers that nominated him for an outstanding student award last year. He lettered in band and academics. He also did all three essays.

Congrats to everyone else who found out today and good luck to those still waiting.

@tamubound

It means your son or daughter was accepted into TAMU College Station, but is still in review for engineering. They should give you your acceptance packet soon next week even if your son hasn’t still heard back from engineering.

Checked son’s AIS this morning and saw a Congratulations!.. he got accepted to the Engineering school for computer science. He was still under review yesterday.

My son just got the letter in his email, so he is officially in! Woohoo!

Has anyone in the Holistic Review category been accepted to the College of Engineering yet, or is everyone that is hearing today either a Top 10% admit or Academic Admit?

@1786Bellerophon Yes, there have been multiple holistic review candidates admitted today and in the previous weeks. I was accepted on November 7th and was a holistic review candidate.

CONGRATULATIONS to everyone who got in!! My daughter is an Academic admit and was under review for engineering. Her AIS updated on 12/15. She’s in!!

Application date:13
Received UIN on 17th October
Application put into review on 25th October
I am International student so gpa measurement is different
9th grade:89%
10th grade:90%
11th:80%
12th:85%
Sat:1370(750 math and 620EBRW)
Sat subject tests:Maths level2(760) and Physics (750)
Toefl:108
College applied:college of engineering
Major:computer engineering
Did all 3 essays
ECs:
National level football(9 to 11 grade)
Selected to represent india in nepal for football tournament.
1 month Internship in quality assurance department at a wheel rim manufacturing factory
Social work volunteer at pumpkin house for children trust
Offered opportunity to attend football camp in Sweden(9 grade)
District level roll ball(11 grade)
Offered trip to nasa by securing rank in national astronomy Olympiad
Co-curricular headboy of school(10 grade)
3years in student council
Board of director member of rotary interact club.(ngo)
Played drum in school throughout school life beginning in 2nd grade
Anchoring and conducting the school annual show(grade 10)
Professional course in c programming language(grade 11)
took professional course in basic german(grade 11)
Winner at interschool drama competition
District level table tennis(grade 9)
Took part in various environmental drives,blood donation camps etc
Attempted many Olympiads like national science Olympiad,international English Olympiad,national cyber Olympiad during grade 9
My highlight:NASA invite and also the fact that despite I didnt have good facilities I excelled studying on my own and my football career.
In state/out of state:International
Current status:Under review
Please chance me