TAMU Class of 2022 - Engineering Admission Decisions

No I they are all top 10% or academic admit or NMS. My daughter is top 10% and she got an email that she will find out about engineering in January. She is already admitted to the University.

@Evon1254 Being a National Hispanic Scholar carried a lot of weight as a review applicant, as did many of your engineering EC’s.

@ckmyd234 you are an academic admit into the university and with your math scores, likely to be a full admit. Since your application was submitted after the Early Decision deadline, your decision will come in January.

@AggieMom20and22 Last year, many applicants who applied by the ED deadline, received a deferral letter. Some wound up still getting a decision by Dec. 21 and others did wait until January. There were auto admits/academic admits and review admits who received the letter.

@Thelma2 I am an international student so can’t be an academic admit.For International students a&m is very tough(atleast that’s what I think).According to you can I get a full admission?

Academic admits are available for international students.http://admissions.tamu.edu/international/freshman

Academic admission is to the university - you’ll still have holistic review for engineering major (everyone does).

@ckmyd234 While you could be an academic admit to the university as an international applicant, I made a mistake in looking at your EBRW score. You are not an academic admit after all, as you scored 620 and the minimum score is 660. I had the minimum math score in my head (620). My apologies for getting your hopes up.

Your math score is very good, but being a review applicant is tough, even for in state. You could still be offered full admit as well as first year engineering at Galveston. Galveston is a full branch extension of College Station and students there are Aggies as well, whereas at a system school, say at Corpus Christie, they are the Islanders.

When the allotted number of seats for College Station runs out, they offer admissions to Galveston to applicants to complete their first year general engineering courses at the Galveston campus. Then after you apply to and are accepted into a specific major, you will automatically return the next fall to College Station to continue in your major.

@Thelma2 so we will do first year at Galveston and the remainder at college Station.Correct?

@ckmyd234 yes. If your admissions decision is Engineering at Galveston, you will complete the same courses that the freshmen at College Station are taking. You will shift to College Station AFTER you are in a major, which for most, will be the fall of sophomore year. Some, those who did not fulfill the requirements (made less than a C in one or more of the required classes their fall semester, will have to retake them in the spring. That puts those students to remain at Galveston for the next fall semester (third semester) and they will apply to major in November, and if they then will transition to College Station for spring.

A student is given only two opportunities to apply to major. If a student is not qualified for the first round, then they only get one shot. They can list up to 5 preferred majors. If the first choice is refused, the application goes to their second choice and on down the line, until they are accepted into one. If none of the 5 preferred majors accepts them, then they work with an advisor to be placed into one that has an opening (it won’t be one of the 5 preferred).

If a student is unable to complete the courses with a C or better by the end of third semester, they are removed from the engineering program.

Seems like a very risky option for someone who really wants to go to college station.

Has anyone been able to tell what might make the difference between being offered a Galveston engineering admission decision and a Blinn-TEAB engineering decision?? Was there a clear pattern last year?

Best guess when the next round of acceptances will go out: 1/15

That’s what I thought. Emailed admissions and they said otherwise. Specifically they said it’s “very likely” that next round is early February. They have not done a good job staying on top of things.

The deferment letter said they would let us know “as soon as possible after we close the application in January.” Because the reason for the deferment was a one month extension due to the hurricane, I assumed the deferment would be one month pushing it from 12/15 to 1/15…

Yeah if you applied early and got deferred, than 1/15 make sense. I thought you were talking about Regular Decision applicants

how do you check your tamu email? Like where do you?

@teslanijaxyu Login to Howdy, at the very top center of the screen are 5 logos and one of them is e-mail. Once you have activated your e-mail this link should take you directly to your google e-mail account.

If you are not accepted to Texas A&M Engineering, will you be offered Blinn Team? Or do they select who they offer Blinn Team to?

@GManmom123 - if you have already been accepted to the university, BT is not an option. They will give you an engineering decision - one of those includes engineering at Blinn but it is not the same as Blinn Team. BT is the alternative pathway to gain full admission to the university itself.

I had a friend’s son who was top 2% and applied Engineering… didn’t get it. They then offered him his 2nd choice or the Engineering academy at Blinn. He chose that route and said it was the best decision ever (after the sting wore off). So TAMU won’t rescind offer if you get 2nd choice, but in this case they did allow him to do Blinn after acceptance. Not sure this helps.

Those who are offered the alternate engineering routes are still full admits, you can’t get into the alternate engineering programs without being accepted to the university. A person who gets Blinn Team & is interested in majoring in engineering is NOT on the same path as Engineering at Blinn.