TAMU Class of 2022 - Engineering Admission Decisions

So are engineering applicants offered Blinn Team? If so, can they still be accepted into the engineering major of their choice or is it a long shot?

Engineering applicants can be offered full admissions to A&M, Engineering at Galveston, which is considered full admit but the student takes the same first year general engineering classes at Galveston and then transitions to College Station for Sophomore year onward (if they complete the requirements for ETAM).
They can be offered Blinn Engineering Academy.
There are new engineering academies since my son applied so I am not read up on them but I think the others you have to apply to directly and are not an admissions offer from TAMU. The Blinn Engineering Academy has Entry to A Major criteria, just like College Station and Galveston criteria.
I have heard of applicants who were accepted into A&M but denied engineering and they received their second major if it was still open, or advised to chose an open major.\

Last year was the first year for holistic review and no one posted that they were outright denied admissions to the university or engineering or offered any sort of PSA. But then there are some that never posted their decisions.

how do you activate it? I have been accepted and tried enabling google email but it doesn’t even let me click the button to enable the email… Sent an e-mail to admissions and they haven’t responded …

/:

I saw a dated 2/1/17 from a student who was denied entry to Texas A&M Engineering, however they gave 4 option for him in the denial letter. The options seemed very reasonable and it appeared as if Texas A&M was trying to help him pursue admittance to the Engineering program through other pathways. I’m guessing this is due to the retention rates at A&M (and I’m guessing UT, too)? My son is stil being reviewed, but it gave him hope that all is not lost if he is denied direct entry.

@teslanijaxyu I was able to activate my TAMU email a few weeks after I accepted my admissions offer to the university.

@GManmom123 Yes, there are tons of different ways to get into A&M and the Engineering college. Interestingly enough, many students who pursue alternative pathways such as Blinn outperform those who were given full admission to CSTAT, just food for thought.

Email: Same problem here. Tabs for preferences on email etc are not active. We can sign in but it says email has been returned to sender. Not sure what this means or what else to do.

@GManmom123 There were many who were denied College Station admissions for engineering, but they were offered Engineering at Galveston (which is a fairly new program- where student is in general engineering with the same exact classes, just at a different campus for first year or until they have completed the Apply to Major requirements, or Blinn Engineering Academy.

There were not any posters the past two cycles who who were flat out denied all admission options for engineering. Having said that, there are some known cases where applicants were denied the major and asked to chose another major. I am sure, with 40K applications, there are many who are denied the major and all pathways more than we know about or see here. The postings here are a very small sampling.

Full admittance to Collage Station is one decision, Engineering at Galveston is another. GV offers seem to be the “next in line” after all of the spaces at College Station are filled. After that, TEAB (Engineering Academy at Blinn) is offered.

This gives me hope - my son is willing to do Galv or Blinn Engineering - but not any of the other A & M campuses or to choose a back up major, as he wants to do computer science - he is accepted to UT Dallas (which he doesn’t want to be in Dallas), UH (which I am wary of the crime and traffic) and Texas State (which would be great other than not an accredited engineering program). So to clear up the uncertainty of which of those to choose, I am hoping he gets one of these engineering paths to A & M College Station as those are his first choice other than UT which we are 99.9% sure he won’t get in to. Thanks for the added info!

@tjshoe Please come back and report your decision when it comes in!

I am playing catch up on the spreadsheet after being away/not having time the past month, so if I ask for something you have already posted, please forgive me and humor me :smiley:

I am having to sift through several decision threads (review applicants, engineering and the catch all 2022 admissions).

@powpow97 @1786Bellerophon Can you please provide your stats?

@KIMZ99 What are your son’s full stats?

@thelma2 what’s the chance of me getting at least the a&m Galveston option. I’m 44/575 for class rank. And on the sat I scored very poorly but people with the same sat score got into the main engineering. I want at least Galveston. I got a 1240. 640 on math and 600 in reading. I got into Houston engineering with a scholarship, and LSU engineering. I already got into tamu just not engineering. I wrote all three essays, one talked about an invention I had which a chemical company uses, I played two varsity sports all 4 Years, and have 120 hours of volenteer work.

@TAMUprospect11 going by last year’s stats, full admit is a possibility but most likely Galveston. The trend seemed to go lower rank but high SAT were admit to CS and higher rank but lower SAT/ACT were Galveston. Of course, a few will buck the anecdotal examples, but that was for the most part.

Good Luck!!

Thank you!

Also @Thelma2 are Galveston majors compared the same with college station majors for entry to a major process? For example will a 3.3 from college station be weighed more than a 3.3 from Galveston?

When did you apply:10/30/17
When did you get your UIN: 11/1/17 (I think)
When did you receive your (engineering) admission decision: ?
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit?: Review
Major/College of Choice: Engineering: Computer Science
Did you get in: ?
Honors program: n/a
Class Rank:(236/848)
ACT/SAT (with Math Subscore): ACT composite 27 (Math 30) SAT 1200 (Math 580, previous try 590)

@Thelma2 Thank you so much for your help on this forum. My son applied before the Oct 15th deadline. Do you know if they review Engineering students based on when they applied? Or do they gather all the applications and begin with the top 10% on down?

@TAMUprospect11 If you get an offer of Engineering at Galveston (because you applied to A&M college Station), it is the exact same program at GV as it is in CStat. You are in general engineering, just at a different location. The apply to major is the exact same. Look at it as if there just were not enough chairs for the amount of bodies in CStat, so some of those bodies will be doing the same stuff, just in another location.

Apply to major is in spring and fall (April and Nov). April applicants find out their major in June. November applicants find out in Jan. before the new semester starts and you will then go to CStat automatically for the remainder of your major. You are not transferring. GPA’s are equal at both locations, as it is the same program. I will say, you cumulative GPA is looked at but so is your major classes GPA.

@GManmom123 I have not gotten through the other two results threads completely yet, and engineering applicants post there as well that may not have posted in the engineering results thread, but what I have so far, is most (all but 3) have been auto admits with really high SAT/ACT scores, are National Merit Commended/Hispanic Scholar. These make up 40 acceptances of the 71 applicants I have. There are roughly 6 auto/academic admits that do not have decisions and the rest are review applicants of varying ranks and scores.