TAMU Class of 2023 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

My DS was accepted to ENGG today. OOS,1420 SAT,ACademic ADMIT on 11/15. It took a lot of time. But, God, Finally, YES.

Also No email , Just HOWDY got updated with Status.

@learner234 2nd quarter is your only downfall. Your scores are really strong and ECs are great as well. If you don’t get into TAMU as review candidate, then I bet you get an Eng. academy offer.

I agree @AggieMomhelp @learner234 you will get an offer of admission. Which one, I don’t know.
I am not going to make a prediction for release dates but it would not surprise me if we saw one more for engineering full admissions before they begin the Galveston and Academy decisions.

@Thelma2 do you think they are almost done with full admissions offers to engineering? The banner on AIS states that all engineering applicants who met the early action deadline should receive an admissions offer by the January review.

@sdwims Last year, we saw engineering decisions on Jan 20 and 30 for full admission. My best guess is that maybe there will be one last decision for full admits. Again, it is a guess based on last year.
February was a flurry of admission decisions and they seemed to come 2x a week between Galveston, Academies, Blinn Team and Gateway.

This is the longest stretch and most nerve racking for all. I hate predicting release dates and decisions because It is a guessing game based on past trends. However, I also have an aversion of not being up front and realistic about past trends. Take them for what they are. Not gospel and nothing written in stone.

@Thelma2 @AggieMomhelp thanks for the great information throughout this stressful college process. I appreciate all the help!

When did you apply: 11/26
When did you get your UIN: 11/29
When did you receive your admission decision: N/A
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: review
Major/College of Choice: engineering (I put down computer engineering)
Class Rank: N/A but TAMU put me in 1st quarter
SAT (with Sub Scores): 1400 - m/760, rw/640
GPA: 3.15uw (school doesn’t report weighted, but it would be around 4.05)

Took 7 APs (calc ab (school doesn’t offer calc bc), stats, comp sci a, chem, physics c mechanics, bio, comparative gov), 16 honors classes, exec in school’s coding club + helped students with coding, my own programming + electronics projects, science national honor society, chess club, volunteered as a camp counselor over this past summer, oos and at top 2 high schools in my state (according to USNEWS)

Also my school only lets us take AP classes in 11/12th grade, otherwise I probably would’ve taken more
My GPA for math/science classes is around 3.75uw, and I took Spanish for 4 years which really brought down my overall GPA (regret taking it for so long now).

Didn’t apply for need based scholarships/financial aid if that matters

What do you guys think my chances are at getting full admission into college station this point?

@h00000 I think you have a great shot at getting in the next wave as full admit. Great stats. You barely missed academic admit, which you know, but wow!!! Great job. Good luck and just know you’ll do great at TAMU if you keep up that apparently strong work ethic.

@AggieMomhelp thank you! Hope that I get in. I took the SAT only once and it was the June 2018 one which apparently had a really bad curve, but yeah 20 points more on the reading section and I would’ve been an academic admit :frowning:

@h00000 Yeah
 if it were me, I would have taken it again and possibly the ACT just to take out the waiting game. But again, you should be fine.

When does the February wave usually come out?

@h00000 Don’t feel so bad - you did great!! My son is in same boat with 13% rank and 29 ACT (meeting criteria for both English and Math with a 28 in each - 29 Science and 32 Reading). Hope you hear back soon! The wait is agony - especially after seeing all the acceptances here and twitter.

@h00000 You are an academic admit as the criteria is 1st quarter and at least a 1360.

@AggieMomhelp @Thelma2 Has there already been a first “next wave” of full admissions for review admits? I didn’t think there had been one, just a smattering of review admits heretofore. When was the “first” wave of full admissions for review admits?

@learner234 @h00000 needs at least a 670 in r/w which is why he/she didn’t make the cut.

Do you think I have a chance of getting full admission to engineering?

I applied by the october early action deadline and haven`t heard a word yet.
Auto-admit? Academic Admit? Review Admit?: Review
Major/College of Choice: Mechanical Engineering
Class Rank: 241/638. (34%). I go to a very tough, competitive high school.
GPA: 93.91 (100 point scale) about 3.75/4.0
SAT: 1310 (630 reading&writing, 680 math)
6 AP Classes and a lot of Pre-AP classes throughout high school.
100+ volunteer hours. Part time job in the summer and now. Participated in Clubs. Service in community. Eagle Boy Scout.
I really want to go to this college.

@treytexag Yes, round of review admits happened in October (saw quite a bit of Mays and Eng). Then again in Dec. and then looks like another one Jan. 11th ish. I don’t keep track of particulars cause I would go crazy. These all seemed to be relatively small if taking this forum as a good data point. I would expect one big one this week or next then possibly a smaller one in Feb. before alternate pathways get announced.

@texmom23 Last year I believe it was the second week in February. But we should have one more in January if history dictates anything. Crossing my fingers for everyone!

My son was not auto admit and heard in October. He applied to the Mays Business School and was admitted 10/10-ish I haven’t heard of any recent admits, but I remember last year, students started hearing again the week after MLK. Good luck!

@Thelma2 @AggieMomhelp If I get offered blinn team, will I get to live on the TAMU campus?