TAMU Class of 2023 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

@learner234 Homework for you https://blinnteam.tamu.edu/

@learner234 study up like @thelma2 But yes, you can live on campus, participate in everything. You just canā€™t play a collegiate sport!

What I dislike in the Blinn Team, as it reads, it takes 60 credit hours before your can transition fully onto the College Station campus, which is 2 years. Yet I thought Iā€™ve read on this thread some stating this is only for one year. Can someone clarify please? (Is someone using AP credits to make it one year?)

@TXDad56 You can apply to transfer after first semester for some majors and be accepted after spring grades for the next fall.

@TXdad56 If you follow exactly the Team agreement that will guarantee you full admit after the 60 credits. HOWEVER, I would love to see the stat on how many do that. Most apply to transfer after completing 24 graded hours (and that can include Dual Credit).

hi can someone chance me??? iā€™ve been accepted to 4 other colleges already and this wait for a&m is killing me, especially since i believe it is my top choice school.

When did you apply: 7/13/2018
When did you get your UIN: 7/17/2018
When did you receive your admission decision: Still waiting
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: Psychology
Class Rank: 35/286
SAT (with Sub Scores) : didnā€™t submit
ACT (with Sub Scores) : Comp (30) , English (34) , Math (25), Reading (36), Science (26), Writing (10)
GPA (100 scale) : 99.244

Courses have included AP Statistics, AP English 3, AP English 4, AP AB Calculus, ACC Dual Credit Government, ACC Dual Credit Economics, ACC Dual Credit United States History, and Dual Credit OnRamps Pre-Cal (with UT)

member of fccla (held a leadership position), deca, student council, and spirit club. also joined a team participating in the leukemia lymphoma society students of the year campaign (fundraising for lls)

congrats to all the people that have already been admitted!!!

@collegetime12 You should have no issues at getting full admission. You just barely missed academic admit.

Hi can someone give me an estimate/chances for my application. My brother just got accepted into TAMU, but I believe he got in due to academic admit because of his high SAT and 1st quarter class rank. I really want to get accepted and I am worried that I wonā€™t get full admissions to CS.

Major: Computer Science
Class Rank: 1st Quarter(I go to a Private School that doesnā€™t rank and was placed by TAMU admissions)
GPA(4.0 scale):3.57uw, 3.69w
SAT:1360, 710 Math, 650 W/R

Iā€™ve taken multiple honors courses throughout high school and currently take 4 AP and 2 Honors classes for my senior year. I am active in swim team and band for four years and have done a lot of community service. Iā€™m also an Eagle Scout and have an extensive military family(that includes former aggies.)

@Connor1c Have you taken/are you taking calculus and physics? CS is under engineering at TAMU and everyone admitted to engineering goes through a general engineering curriculum, which consists of physics and calculus.

TAMU wants to make sure you have readiness in calculus and physics so that you can survive general engineering. Iā€™m sorry that you missed academic admit by 10 points, but Iā€™m sure they would give you alternate academy like engineering at Galveston if full admission isnā€™t offered.

@goodperson200 I am currently taking AP Calc AB and AP Physics. Last year, I was took Pre-calc Honors and Physics Honors.

@Connor1c I think you stand a decent shot. Good luck!

Hoping for a review admit wave before or on Fridayā€¦

Does anyone know when university honors notifications start rolling out?

@Connor1c youā€™ll be fine. Youā€™re so close to academic admit and physics and math ready.

@AggieMomhelp @Thelma2 Is there a typical time that TAMU updates Howdy with the six tabs or does it happen at random times throughout the day?

@sportingclaymom I wish I could say it happens throughout the day. BUT, let me save you some time in checking (although it never stopped me lol), the 6 tabs update in the early morning like around 7. ON my sonā€™s day, I woke up at 6 and still 3 tabs. Then before work at 7, it was 6. Then after that, itā€™s anyoneā€™s guess on when AIS and Status changes on Howdy. But once you see the golden 6, yourā€™e good.

Hello! There was an Engineering full admits wave this morning, the ones reported were in 1st quartile. Has anyone from the 2nd quartile received full admit this morning? Thanks!

@eTown23 I believe that the full admits wave this morning was small and for academic/auto admits. I donā€™t think there were any 2nd quarter applicants who received admission this morning. There is still hope for another review admit wave in January.

It appears Engineering was yesterday and today. I havenā€™t seen non engineering students on CC or facebook friends for that matter, be accepted yet this month. Still expecting a big wave of review admits.

@sdwims AND @AggieMomhelp Thank you for the info, and more importantly, for keeping my hopes up :smiley: