TAMU Class of 2023 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

@AggieMomhelp can you help me with something? My daughters best friend just text me that she just got her new transcripts toda

@AggieMomhelp sorry donā€™t know what happened there, phone glitched. Anyways, she received new transcripts for scholarship apps, and her rank has moved from 44/144 to 39/139. Since the deadline has long passed, is this something worth her calling about, does or might it make a difference, and do you think at minimum they might add a note somewhere to her application? Iā€™m kind of a second mom (real mom is kind of MIA) so Iā€™m not sure what to tell her

Or @Thelma2 whoever is available ?

@nervoustamumommy Have you tried calling the admissions office or office of financial aid to ask? I am not sure any changes can be made past the deadlinesā€¦wouldnā€™t hurt to call and ask. Youā€™re such a good person looking out for other peoplesā€™ kids!!

@JaceyK not yet, just found out and Iā€™m at work, but Iā€™m definitely going to call! This sweet girl has had to go through a rough time with not the best parents, so I am really proud of her that sheā€™s pursuing college at all, wasnā€™t dealt an easy deck but really wants to make a great future, always there for the kiddos who need me :heart:

@nervoustamumommy Her rank actually improved from 30.55 to to 28% so Iā€™m confused. Is there something else Iā€™m missing? And as @jaceyk said, you are very kind to look out for her. Itā€™ll make all the difference for her.

@nervousmommy For incoming freshmen consideration for scholarships, that are considered by the university via Apply Texas application, everything had to be turned in by the supporting documents deadline. Only the first 6 semesters are considered. Nothing from Sr year.
The scholarship deadline for Fall is December 1 (or the first Monday if that date falls on a weekend or Holiday)
http://scholarships.tamu.edu/FRESHMEN/University-Scholarships#0-AcademicScholarships

@AggieMomhelp What I gather is the transcript that was sent through the end of Jr year for applying to college has her rank at 30.55% and now this semester of Sr year, her rank is now improved.

@aggiemomhelp & @thelma2 Yes, I think that is the case - my sonā€™s new rank comes out next month - it will be the official rank for graduation procession order.

I donā€™t think Iā€™ve seen a review BIMS get accepted on this thread, which is both equally confusing and terrifying.

@luckyaggie you are not alone we are still waiting as well and havenā€™t seen at all for review BIMS. @jaceyk is also in the same boat.

@AggieDreamin Letā€™s hope for tomorrow! If not, February 1st on a Friday looks promising as well.

OOOHhhh I was thinking she meant TAMU showed that rank for scholarships. Oopsie. I knew I was missing something.

@luckyaggie and @AggieDreamin betting on 2/1 or 2/8 ā€¦until then, lots of [-O< and :-SS - oh and of course 8-}

@jaceyk I am still holding some hope for tomorrow! Canā€™t hurt to dream a littleā€¦

I am hoping a strong SAT score(1400) and the math subscore(720) will help offset my 2nd quarter rank into engineering. My sister also applied to tamu with a GPA of 4.982/6 and was placed in 1st quarter, while I had a 4.91/6 and was placed into 2nd quarter, so I barely missed academic admit as well.

My son received a packet from TAMU a couple days ago with information about the Corps of Cadets even though he put on his app that he wasnā€™t interested. Is this a good sign that heā€™ll be offered admission (engineering) soon or is it just sent out to everybody? Still havenā€™t seen an update on AIS.

I have not yet been accepted yet, and I received the packet in November, so I believe itā€™s sent to everybody that applies.

When did you apply: 10/4
When did you get your UIN: 10/7
When did you receive your admission decision: Have not received decision yet (as of 1/24)
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: Agricultural Science
Class Rank: 114/451
SAT (with Sub Scores) : 1340

• Math: 670
  • Reading/Writing: 670
    ACT (with Sub Scores): 29
  • English: 25
  • Math: 27
  • Reading: 33
  • Science Reasoning: 29

I have several extra-curricular such as band and boy scouts and have taken several AP classes. Do I have a decent chance of getting in?

@hansenelliott007 my son also received a mailing a few weeks ago along with an email late last week. he also selected no on his app but I ā€œencouragedā€ him to join the spend the night with the corp for the experience. I doubt it has any relevance to being admitted but I hope Iā€™m wrong. :))

So should we expect our 3 tabs to change to 6 tabs tomorrow? or is tomorrow for the people who already have the 6 tabs and are just waiting for the official word?