TAMU Class of 2023 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

Q1 top 12.2% only 3 tabs, review admit

Q1 top 15% still nothing

Q1 16% 1240 SAT still only 3 tabs

I found out at a conference Wednesday that by next Sunday (Feb 3rd) final wave for full admits should be released. That means it could be before then, but thatā€™s what the speaker from TAMU said. He also followed up with there will be some sad students, BUT itā€™s not where you start, itā€™s where you end. And with so many different pathways to get here, you will end up where you belong. I will say we were unclear if other acceptance types will go out by then and my husband didnā€™t want to ask lol.

SOā€¦ I say this not to cause more stress (not sure thatā€™s possible), but to alleviate some pressure for you and your kiddo. It seems so important right now, and it is, but itā€™s such a blip on their path. My daughter got PSA (Q1 but low test score). Turned it down. Went to OSU. Transferred to TAMU after killing it at OSU. Made a 2.0 her first semester at TAMU. I about died. Next 3 semesters she finished over a 3.6 making the Distinguished student list. She graduated a semester early and is now pursuing her masters. SOā€¦ that PSA is nothing. It means nothing to her now. It just pushed her to work harder.

TAMU received record number of applications this year. The figures they gave us are lower than whatā€™s been reported on here. They received 49k apps. 42k apps made the cut by being complete. They have put out 20k acceptances at this time and there is one more full wave. This is record breaking and your students are among the top in Texas and from OOS and country. Hang in there!

My son still has 3 tabs - 3.8 non-ranking school (Q2 per A&M rank) 30 Act / applied July 2. Starting to doubt the chances.

@ACP19TAMU23 What math and physics have you taken? Your SAT is solid, but math is lower than English, so that may say something to admissionsā€¦ not sure. I think you have a good shot at tamu, not sure about eng. without knowing your readiness in math/physics. Also what ECs? And why Ag econ vs econ? Just curious.

My son is Q1 1360 SAT, 720 Math. Trying to get into Engineering. Still 3 tabs :frowning:

@AggieMomhelp what was the total full admit number from last year? I am curious approx. how many full admits are left to hand out since they have already given out 20K.

My daughter Q1 top 11.7% already has 6 tabs due to the Galveston location, but nothing yet on college station! Starting to get worried! Does anyone know when Blinn Team finds out? Also does PSA include Galveston?

I just looked up the statistics - itā€™s not pretty. I think consistently, 25-27k are offered admissions.

@Erinmom101 Galveston is not PSA. But you can apply separately. I believe their deadline isnā€™t until March. Itā€™s a great option. AND say they go there for a yearā€¦ you can change your major (assuming you meet the majorā€™s requirement) and move to Cstat. Many students start off that way and many then decide to stay there because itā€™s a great fitā€¦ and hello, thereā€™s a beach.

And offers vary by year. Last year they offered fewer because the class of 2021 had more acceptances than they anticipated. There are only so many seats so they then cut back last year on offers. This year they havenā€™t said how many they will offer full admit.

:((

Has anyone heard from any majors besides that of engineering? I applied to communications and have seen very little admitted.

If they have 20K already offered then I would suspect that most of them are auto/academic admits so we wonā€™t see many of those here on this forum. Most of us are review I thinkā€¦so little visibility
to the larger population.

so should anyone in Q2 just assume blinnteam at most? I amin Q2, but 1310 and a lot of ECā€™s.

@AggieMomhelp when you say full admit do you mean to CS or does that include Galveston?

@hhoowwddyy, last week, in the Q2 clan, there was one 26% and one 28% received full admit. About 2 - 3 weeks ago, someone in Q1 with 25 SAT received full admit in this forum. It depends on the major applied, ECs, LORs and how powerful the submitted essays are. Good luck to everyone!

@DaughterEngineer Galveston is independent of TAMU Cstat in regards to acceptance. Oh wait, youā€™re talking Engineering academy. Umā€¦ in that case, Iā€™m not sure how they are viewing that. I would say thatā€™s pretty much full admit just not enough seats in Cstat to put them on campus. But they follow the same protocol as cstat aggies for the next phase in Engineering.

@eTown23 Major is irrelevant when being accepted to TAMU. Youā€™re on the same playing field as everyone who has applied. Then once accepted, your major is determined based on availability for most majors. Eng. is review and Viz is review as well so to speak. But yes, all those things you mentioned weigh in on acceptance with Scores/Rank being 50% of it.

@GrBraxton We havenā€™t seen a ton of different majors being posted on here. That doesnā€™t mean they havenā€™t received admission though. A lot of people on this forum seem to be Engineering and Mays with a sprinkle of other majors tucked in. It gets confusing on acceptances when we lump in Eng. since most everyone hearing now have already been accepted to TAMU back in the fall and were just waiting on Eng. decision. Or thatā€™s how I feel anyway.

@AggieMomhelp What do you mean when you say ā€œmost everyone hearing now have been accepted to TAMU back in the fall and were just waiting on Eng decisionā€? Does that mean they were admitted to TAMU as a top 10% or as a 1Q+ACT/SAT, so they were admitted to the University, and now they are finding out that they are admitted to their major which is Engineering? Thanks for your expertise.