TAMU Class of 2023 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

@NoScreenNameAv I wouldn’t say they are technically auto or academic admits only, but yes I am referring to Engineering only at this time. There were definitely some review candidates in Eng. that have been accepted, not a lot that I recall, but some.

So does that mean I have no chance of getting full admission by now? I applied at the end of October.

Son applied Oct. Engineering. Review admit. Tamu ranked him 1st Q all AP classes and some DC, attends very competitive school. (14 valedictorians this year) Summer job three years, football letter man 4 years. Team captain, Track, lacrosse, A ton of volunteer work. Sat isn’t great. GPA 5.92.
Two questions. He took SAT several times. The last math score is 650 however his english dropped from 640(previous SAT) to 610. Will the different scores on each test be looked at and considered?

Also, recommendation letters? He has some outstanding TAMU alumni that are still VERY involved with the college who wrote him amazing recommendation letters. (It was an honor to have them recommend him) Along with his teachers sending some in (I know they only look at two) My question is… How much weight is given to recommendation letters?

Thank you for any insight.

@angsmi I think LORs are probably the last thing they give weight too but it falls into the 50% of ECs, LOR and essay portion of the application. If LOR from a powerful position like Board of Regents, Chancellor, Vice Chancellor, etc., then those may get more weight… or a BIG donor lol

Oh and SAT scores will be looked at but they don’t super score, but surely they see the it! And his ECs look great. Hang in there.

@angsmi TAMU does not super score

Anyone got any updates today? Nothing here…:confused:

@aspiringaggie still many with three tabs…read back a few pages. make sure you read #2223 post by AggieMomhelp

When did you apply: October 13
When did you get your UIN: October
When did you receive your admission decision: n/a
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: Animal sciences
Class Rank: 16%
SAT (with Sub Scores) 1280 680 English 600 math
ACT (with Sub Scores) 25 24 English 24 math 27 reading

@AggieMomhelp Dual Credit Pre Calculus AP Statistics AP Calculus AB, Physics Honors and Engineering Dual Credit. Student Council member, played basketball, football, golf, employed past 3 years, member of Math Honors Club Mu Alpha Theta. I picked Ag econ cause it doesn’t fill up

Will Blinn Team be announced after full admits in February? Also does that mean since my daughter got into Galveston A&M, she has a good shot at blinn or full admits based on her being in Q1 top 11.7% and being accepted to TAMUG

Showing up on Howdy portal now: “IMPORTANT: Howdy will be unavailable on Saturday, January 26, 2019 from 6:45am to 1:30pm, for maintenance. However, many services, including Email and eCampus, will be available during Howdy maintenance through links on the Howdy login page.” Should we make anything of this? @Thelma2 @AggieMomhelp

There are still those of us with engineering major waiting on full admit that are academic admit. My son is one. We haven’t even received the TAMU admit or 6 tabs much less a decision on engineering. My son was Q1 with a 32 ACT and all sub scores 30 or higher.

My son is currently in his 2nd semester at TAMUG. He plans on doing a change of major to cstat for Fall 2019.
He applied both cstat & Galveston. He received 6 tabs in October and his Howdy completely opened up for BOTH campuses. His Howdy showed he was accepted to TAMUG, but the way his Howdy appeared we really thought he was being accepted to both campuses. Howdy showed dining, libraries, dorms etc, for BOTH campuses. He finally heard from cstat first week of February and he was offered PSA for CSTAT. He accepted TAMUG and all the cstat portions of Howdy were taken off when his fall 2018 semester started.
@Erinmom101 I just want to communicate our experience with you because no one really could explain it to me.
Best of luck for you!!

@cottoncandy1 Thank you for answering my question! Very helpful! If you don’t mind me asking what was his stats? And how does he like Galveston?

Im glad that helped a little! It was a stressful time for us!
he was top quarter but I don’t remember his test scores. I think I posted them on this site last year.
TAMUG has been good for him. the campus is very friendly. As you have read on prior posts many go to TAMUG with the intention of transferring but decide to stay. He has several friends that are staying. You must have a 2.75 to transfer to cstat. My son had a 3.75 first semester. Small classes. Professors are very available & know all their students on first name basis. He wants to transfer because they don’t have the major he is interested in at TAMUG & his sister is at CSTAT in Mays.

I took the December ACT but didn’t send to A&M because they said they wouldn’t accept it. I just sent my score last week spontaneously and it appears they have received it on my status. If they do accept it, I will be considered automatic. However, I am worried they may have already looked at my application and made a decision without releasing it. I applied a few days before Dec 1. What do you guys think? Am I automatic now? Could they have made a decision already and possibly reject me?

My rank changed after the fall semester to 9.1% from 10.6%… as I understood it everything had to be square by the December deadline and my rank wasn’t updated until early January - I submitted additional transcript but not sure if it will help :(.

@AggieMomhelp mentioned earlier that A&M received a record number applications this year. I can attribute this increase to UT Austin now only admitting top 6% beginning with our class. They used to admit top 7%.

There are people like me who are top 7% but not top 6%, so our safety school just switched from UT Austin to A&M College Station.

I wouldn’t be surprised in the future if A&M goes from top 10% to something lower.

UT wave of CAP decisions went out tonight… if anyone is waiting.

@Thelma2 @AggieMomhelp thank you! Yes, I called them shortly after posting this for her, totally forgot about it only being through junior year ? they probably thought I was a total dummy haha. I sure am proud of her though! Any “waves” for reviews yesterday?