TAMU Class of 2023 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

@Thelma2 first of all thank you for all the great info. Been following along for a few months. My son too is waiting like many others for a decision. I was looking at the PSA link you posted earlier and the participating colleges. What options are available if my son wants to pursue a finance or economics degree? Wasn’t clear if there were PSA options for him. Thanks again and look forward to your response…

Hey, what are my odds of getting accepted?

When did you apply: 9/16/18
When did you get your UIN: 9/19/18
When did you receive your admission decision: n/a
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: review admit
Major/College of Choice: political science
Class Rank: 148/676 (21%)
SAT (with Sub Scores) 1350, 650 math, 700 English
ACT (with Sub Scores) didn’t submit sat

So if I applied as a construction science major I have no chance of getting accepted at this point?

@ccp2408
Finance nor Economics looks to be offered through PSA. Finance is under Mays Business School, which doesn’t participate in PSA and under Liberal Arts, Economics isn’t offered for PSA, so PSA program would not work for him, if that was his offer.

If he is offered Blinn Team, Mays has a Admission Agreement. It is very competitive. http://tap.tamu.edu/Programs/TEAM

If he was offered Blinn Team wanted a major other than what is in the Blinn Admission Agreements under Blinn Team, I am not sure how that works. Blinn Team is not my area of knowledge.

He could also do the PTA Program for Transfer Admissions through any Community College. There is no Finance option but there is Economics BA or BS. It is guaranteed admission if you complete the program requirements. https://admissions.tamu.edu/PTA

@texlaw Full admissions, about 13%. Being offered a pathway, that is anyone’s guess.

@GabrielTamez Full admissions is slim for any review admit. A pathway decision could be an offer.
If you are really wanting to be an Aggie, Construction Science is a participating major in the PTA program at the link above https://admissions.tamu.edu/admissions-staging/media/Main/pdfs-pta/ARCH-Construction-Sci.pdf

@Wintdurr my son is Econ and wanted finance. Instead of 5 year Econ masters he’s going to apply to ms finance as a sophomore. It’s in mays and highly competitive. It’s an excellent option over just going into mays as freshman. And title get 3 internships and finish in 5 years.

@cpacestx yes for viz you have to submit portfolio. Check out their page so she’s ready for t. For engineering it’s a review system and they look at math and physics readiness.

Do I have a chance for full admission, engineering academy at blinn bryan, or blinn team? I am trying to get into engineering at Texas A&M college station and am a review admit. I Applied by early action deadline for engineering and am curtrently in review. Also when do you guys think I’ll find out my decisio I’m hoping next week or first week of feb. Here are my stats:

Rank: Top 34% 221/633. 2nd quarter. My high school is so competitive and tough and one of the best.
SAT: 1310. 680 on math and 630 in reading.
GPA: 93.91/100. 3.75 weighted.
Review admit
100+ volunteer hours. Did clubs in school such as Red Cross and ping pong. Extracurricular activities. Part time job in summer. Eagle Boy Scout with community service.

@sma1234 slim chance my friend. Your rank is killing you. Possible Blinn academy but chances are tough.

I’ve been reading how difficult it is to get full admission as a review admit so I’d really appreciate it if y’all could chance me

When did you apply: 9/21/18
When did you get your UIN: 9/25/18
When did you receive your admission decision: N/a
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: Liberal Arts- Psychology
Class Rank: 94/854 (11%) 1st quarter
SAT (with Sub Scores) 1310, 690 math, 620 English
GPA: 3.79 UW, 4.4 W
150+ Volunteer hours
Key club member for 3 years, was an officer for 2 years
National honor society member for one year
Principle cellist in my orchestra (made it to Region all 4 years)
7 AP & 4 Dual Credit classes
Really good letter of rec

I was about 6 people away from making auto-admit but idk if they’ll take that into consideration

@AggieMomhelp you mean the blinn engineering academy at blinn Bryan? Also do they take into account the rigor of the high school like my school is so competitive in ranking and why don’t they look at ur gpa cuz I think mines is good.

I have a daughter that is a junior at UT Austin. Admitted in 2016 into College of Natural Sciences. Very Competitive non-ranking high school. Honors and AP classes, NHS, selective programs, over 100 hours service, etc, 3.94 unweighted GPA 1180 SAT

Second daughter has applied to UT and A&M
We are surprised by UT as she has same background but much higher SAT of 1350 with 690 Math and 660 Reading as she was offered CAPS

Waiting on A&M - chances of admission - 13%? better? what about Blinn Team?

When did you apply: 7/8/18 (it is rumored early application counts)
Major/College of Choice: BioMedical Studies or Biology
Class Rank: 117/820 (13%) 1st quarter
SAT (with Sub Scores) 1350, 690 math, 660 English
GPA: 3.98
100+ Volunteer hours
NHS
PALS
6 AP & 4 Dual Credit classes

@sma1234 they do not take into account your HS. They compare your rank within your peers. If I had a dollar for every person on this site that says “competitve HS” I could retire.

@UTmom2020 I would be shocked if she doesn’t get full admit.

@Michaelandcello you should also receive full admit.

Hey y’all do I have a chance at all?
Looking for Blinn, but full admit would be spectacular

When did you apply: 10/30/2018
When did you get your UIN: 11/2/18
When did you receive your admission decision: N/a
Major/College of Choice: Business Adminstration / English
Class Rank: 124/784 (16%) 1Q
SAT (with Sub Scores) 1190, 560 math, 630 English
GPA: 3.9 UW, 4.42 W

If it means anything I’ve got a lot of service, leadership, and AP courses (all the usual stuff)
I’m also Latina/African American

If I get into Blinn or Gateway instead of full admission, Do I still get a letter saying I am Accepted and the Banner that says I’m aggiebound? I got capped at UT and Have a pretty good scholarship to Baylor but I Realy want to go to Tamu and was wondering How many people get accepted into Blinn or Gateway? SInce Tamu acceptance rate is 75%, higher than UTD or Baylor, I was wondering does
include PSA, Gateway, and Blinn or just full acceptance?

my Application is still in review and was wondering was my chances for Full admission, Gateway or Blinn. I do not want PSA because capping at UT is the same thing.
my Stats are
1330 SAT, 29% at one of the best schools in Central Texas, the economics major, 100 volunteer hours and many ECs as well as 24 dual credit Hours

Hey everyone, was wondering my chances of getting full admission to college station, any input is appreciated thanks!
When did you apply:11/15/18
When did you get your UIN:11/18/18
When did you receive your admission decision: N/A
Major/College of Choice: Buisness
Class Rank: School doesn’t rank but AIS says they put me in Q1
SAT (with Sub Scores) N/A
ACT: English: 24 Math:27 Reading:35 Science: 35 Composite: 31
Weighted Gpa: 93.81
Rigor: taken mostly honors with 6 AP/ Dual Enrollment courses, 3 on Ap world and 5 on Ap US
EC: NHS, 2 year varsity football (captain senior year) about 15 hours of volunteer, and working every summer with my dad for his small business.

Hello everyone! I have been following for awhile, and decided to join in. I am a 2019 senior, with hopes to attend A&M in pursuit of a nursing degree.

Here are my stats:
Applied: 8/1
UIN: 8/4
Admission Decision: Waiting
Admit type: Review
Major: Allied Health (second choice is kinesiology)
Class rank: 222/784 (28%)
SAT: 1290
ACT: 27
GPA: 4.75 (5 point scale)

I know my tests and rank are not high, however I have made A’s in all AP and dual credit throughout HS, which the rank doesn’t really show. What I believe set my application apart was that I have a lot of community service, but I also have involved myself in a lot of leadership over the past few years. I am a member of several national service organizations, holding leadership in an international organization, lead on mission teams at my church, have been elected to several admin councils, serve as president, an outreach organization coordinator, and bible study leader on my HS dance team, and lastly, I have done a lot of mentoring of middle schoolers through PALs as well as my church.

At this point, after so much waiting, I have really come to terms with my application. Though I am extremely anxious to finally know where this next chapter of my life is going, I also have to remember how hard I have worked in high school, academically or in leadership. And guess what- that is true for everyone else on this forum! I want to encourage all of you out there who are waiting, that you are ENOUGH- whether a college decides against you or you just feel like your app keeps getting tossed to the back of the pile- you have done all you can do, and what happens now is out of your hands. I know I speak for many when I say that the past few months have been spent anxiously checking AIS or Howdy to no avail, having to endure MANY questions of “So, what are your plans for next year”, and constantly thinking that today might be the day! However, I have wasted too many hours scrolling through #tamu23, perusing howdy, and studying the a&M website seeking out a glimmer of hope for admission. I used to wish that I was an auto admit, but I realized, the excitement they get when see those 6 tabs is unmatched to those who have been waiting for months in anxious expectation, because they already know it’s coming (don’t get me wrong, auto would be a dream and I know I’d flip out upon receiving an admittance letter) . While waiting is no doubt difficult, think of how much the joy that is to come- whether at A&M or wherever this next season of life takes you!

@AggieMomhelp i posted 2 days ago a little rundown of my math/physics background and my extra curriculars. Just wondering if I can get an update on whether what I’ve listed on there is helping or hurting my chances

@ACP19TAMU23 Your first post, you posted that you applied to engineering as a first choice major and Ag Econ second. Your second post you don’t mention engineering and said you picked Ag Econ.

Whatever you put first choice matters. If your first choice was Ag Econ, you will be placed in Ag Econ if you are admitted to the university. If you put engineering as a first choice major, you will only get an engineering decision: full Admission to College Station, Engineering at Galveston, Engineering Academy or PSA.

@AggieMomhelp In some situations a students is not in a high school with their peers. Our district has a magnet high school with competitive admissions. Families move to our district so their children can attend. The school is already selecting students in the top 8% of the district so class ranking does not reflect how they would compete against their peers at the high school they are zoned for. So, you end up with a kid without a high ranking who is very prepared for college with a very difficult schedule, high test scores and many high scores on AP exams (my student has already taken AP Physics I and II, AP Chemistry and AP Calculus). Fortunately many private universities look at this more carefully and offer admission and merit scholarships to students since it is still difficult to gain admission to the Texas flagship universities.