TAMU Class of 2023 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

@Chief134 “it’s not fair…” Oh brother.

1. Engineering is on rolling admissions like the other majors so it matters not when one applied.

@Chief134 Review applicants to engineering are always deferred until after the new year, no matter when they applied. Some Auto and Academics were deferred a decision because they couldn’t get them all processed in time for December decision.

Both of you chiefs need to go read back pages and posts. Your questions have been answered many a time on this thread and the engineering admissions thread

@Thelma2 thanks for answering the auto/academic admits for engineering being the only ones able to change majors if not offered Aggie engineering. Makes total sense.

McAllen is full admit but doesn’t offer a lot of majors it seems so I would think that would be limited on people receiving as an offer. Or am I underestimating that campus?

@Thelma2 @AggieMomhelp ok one more question sorry I keep bugging y’all. In what ranking order are the options behind full admission for engineering? Are Gateway and Blinn TEAM options for engineering applicants as well? Thanks

@AggieMomhelp I don’t think you are underestimating HECM at all. Fall 2018 was the first year opened and the spaces there are limited, as per the AO on TexAgs. I wouldn’t think it a huge admission decision yet. Engr Academy at McAllen was for last year and not this year as per the admissions webpage.
Unfortunately, it seems to be another wait and see what happens.
I am ready for that margarita now. Chimy’s or somewhere else? I could also do brunch at Christopher’s and Mimosas. B-)

I’m down for beverages whenever and wherever. Lots of fun places have opened up!!

@ACP19TAMU23 Gateway and Blinn Team are not options for engineering applicants.

A review engineering applicant will be offered full admissions to College Station OR Engineering at Galveston OR the Engineering Academy at Blinn/Bryan.

If you are offered PSA, you can apply directly to the A&M Engineering Academy at Brenham, which opens March 1. There are also other A&M Engineering Acadmies that partner with several Community College systems. https://engineering.tamu.edu/academics/academies/index.html
Many that receive PSA and want to be Aggies go this route. Others have acceptances elsewhere and chose that option.

@Thelma2 and @AggieMomhelp you guys are so incredible. I can’t even begin to thank you enough for answering my questions and others. As someone who is still waiting for a decision, I can say that you have made this process so much more manageable. YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING! THANK YOU!

@Thelma2 and @AggieMomhelp DITTO!!! If we make it to Cstat…I’ll buy you both a drink or several when in town!!!

You are welcome @AggieDreamin and @GrBraxton
We both have been in your shoes. I have three in college and I don’t think there is a semester yet that I wasn’t worried about one of them over something. Only the Aggie may finish in 4 or 4.5 but the elder two are 5 and 6 due to changed majors and other factors but they finally ended up where they needed to be and fingers crossed, the eldest graduates in May.

I called admission office yesterday (Friday, Jan 25). They shared that all decisions will be shared between now and the middle of Feb. They load the student portals on Thursday and Friday so if not there, wait until the follow week. She said they rarely have decisions past that. This includes the specific major your child will be placed in.

Awe @AggieDreamin and @GrBraxton y’all are sweet to say that. I love doing this because I have learned so much and received the same help when my two went through it. And living here since 1989, I just love this town and aggielabf community. It’s just amazing and I want everyone that wants to be here… to be here!!!

@AggieMomhelp there is such a sense of community at College Station. My CA kid even felt it and has since been drawn to it. Fingers crossed for this week.

@sportingclaymom I was a CA kid when I came here all those long long years ago. Lol there are actually many Ca kids here. Crossing fingers for you guys.

@sportingclaymom there really is no place like texas. born and raised here and would never leave by choice. y’all will experience texas 100% at a&m. pride and tradition are unmatched anywhere else.

Is housing based on a first come first serve when you get accepted to the college or just a first come first serve whoever puts it in first? So basically is getting accepted later than most people a disadvantage when It comes to housing?

@tyler0326 as long as you apply and pay deposit for housing within 30 days of acceptance, you’ll get “priority” housing. My son was admitted in dec. his roommate and high school friend was auto and admitted in September. They had the exact day and time for selection. So… I believe it to be true. It all works out.

@Thelma2 @AggieMomhelp do you know if the next wave for full admissions is going to be a big one? If it is going to be a big one, will there be a lot of review admits in it or mainly the academic and auto admits who haven’t heard back from engineering yet? Thanks for your time.

@AggieMomhelp oh perfect! I was reading online and all it said was first come first serve which kinda freaked me out. Thank you for the info!

@tisulli I’m born and raised in Southern California with 2 of my best friends being A&M alum. I visit often and LOVE Texas. Love it so much that I helped to relocate my kids’ nanny and her family to Houston so they could better experience the American Dream. They’ve been there for nearly three years and absolutely love it. I’m a Texas fan, for sure.

@dallastexas123 You’re talking about for every major right?