TAMU Class of 2023 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

Twin 1 was an academic admit and was notified she was accepted in Nov. Twin 2 is a review applicant and hasn’t heard. Both applied in August. Twin 2 is 1st quarter, 19 percentile to be exact, 1270 SAT, 26 ACT. 3.45 uw/4.3 weighted. Business first choice, Econ second. Does the fact that he hasn’t heard yet mean he didn’t get into Business since it’s full, meaning, would he already have been accepted if he got into Business? Is Econ full? Since it is a rolling admissions school, are review applicants considered in order they applied, or all at once? What are his chances for full admit? Eagle Scout, ton of AP classes and extracurriculars. Thanks!

@twinmom123 first congrats to twin 1. Twin 2 not being accepted yet has nothing to do with major. If he gets in, it’ll be Econ. His chances are slim for full admit but not impossible.

To all: The next wave will probably be the last one for full admission. In my opinion there hasn’t been a big wave yet so I’m hopeful for all that this will be a big one.

^^^^What she said

Off topic! But since y’all are a wealth of info…
@AggieMomhelp @Thelma2
My husband wants to fly directly from LAX to College Station (layover in Houston or DFW) on either Feb 7 or Feb 21 (to have our daughter spend the night with the Corps)…
Question: If one flies into College Station airport, what is the simplest way to get to the campus? Lyft/Uber? A campus shuttle? Taxi?
I know virtually nothing about the ins and out of Aggieland… maybe you can help us! TIA!
(Reminder that our daughter has full admittance to CStat currently; just waiting on Engineering review, and whether she will have to switch majors)

@sportingclaymom I hear you about your love for TX:
3 of my 4 siblings live in TX, plus my dad… 2 in the Austin area and one in N Texas (Wichita Falls) … I also have a much younger sister (dad’s 2nd marriage) who is a Freshman at TTU… I am the only one left here in CA, where all of us were born and raised. I miss them all so much.
So sending my daughter to college at A&M would be AWESOME - another reason to visit my siblings, my dad and my 5 nieces/ nephews!!

When did you apply: 10/10/2018
When did you get your UIN: 10/16/2018
When did you receive your admission decision: Not received yet
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: Computer Engineering
Class Rank: 1st Quarter
SAT (with Sub Scores) 1190 EBRW-520 Math-670
IELTS overall- 7.5
IELTS reading - 7.5
IELTS listening - 8.0
IELTS writing- 7.0
IELTS speaking- 7.0
I am an international Freshmen Student. From India.

What are my chances of getting admitted to TAMU?

Probably Uber or Lyft. The airport is not far from main campus. Have fun!

With this week (Thurs/Fri?) being a good chance to see BLINN and PSA offers for the first time, will those applicants also start the day seeing the infamous “6 TABS” or something else? Putting it a different way, in previous years, how did BLINN/PSA offers appear on Howdy?

@TXDad56 I’m by no means one of the experts on here, but I’ve kept up with the thread for months and feel confident to answer: TEAM and PSA would most likely come a little later in February. TEAM admits will have 6 tabs, PSA will not.

@TXDad56 I am pretty sure that any wave coming out this week will be for full admits…TEAM, Gateway and PSA will come later in February.

@Thelma2 @AggieMomhelp this morning my daughters ais says all full admits to college station have been given out… It says due to her academic achievements they would like to offer her Engineering at Galveston, Engineering at McAllen, or Engineering Academy at Blinn/Bryan. Can you give me advice. Please and thank you for always being so helpful to all of us with so many questions.

Well, so much for Team and PSA in February…

@DaughterEngineer may I ask where that statement appears on AIS? my son is an architecture major but i’m curious since he’s still under review.

hi, I got the same engineering offer on my AIS this morning.

From MYAGGIENATION.com :
Enrollment analysis: Chad Wootton, A&M associate vice president for external affairs, said last week the school is aiming for the Aggie Class of 2023 to be slightly smaller than its immediate predecessors – an effort, he said, to plateau the “meteoric rise” of A&M’s total numbers.

@tisulli I am sorry I should have said she is wanting engineering. When I went to her ais all her previous info was gone and that message was there with big green but that says yes, yellow that says maybe and red that says no. FYI I saw someone asking if we would get 6 tabs. At this time her Howdy does not have 6 tabs but we have not said yes to the offer yet.

thanks @DaughterEngineer! my next question was going to be about tabs. lol. congratulations…i hope it’s something she can accept. i’m not familiar with her “story” but at least the waiting is over for y’all now.

@DaughterEngineer is the answer Yes No Maybe for all the offers combined?

@rockmom21 the airport is on University drive. An Uber works or they may have shuttles depending on time of day. Where are y’all staying. Because hotel will most likely have shuttles to campus.

@DaughterEngineer congrats! If it were me… I’d have her go to Blinn Bryan academy. She’ll takr some classes at tamu. Have a sports pass. Fan live on campus. Join clubs. Rush if she wants. Etc. all the rights and privileges of a cstat student because they are cstat students. She’ll also only have one transition. Meaning your home to here. Vs home to Galveston then gakveston to here.

Once accept, you will have the 6 tabs. As someone asked and it’s now been answered… psa offers do not get tabs. Gateway/team/academies do!

This is exciting people and as I heard at the conference they are hesitant on the number this year since last year and two years ago, more accepted than predicted.

@Thelma2 @AggieMomhelp I still have 3 tabs, so have all academy offers been given out as well?