TAMU Class of 2023 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

@AggieMomhelp so from the looks of it if we dont get full admission to CSTAT we can choose between the academies we want to go to?

Clarificationā€¦There will not be any more full admits or just for engineering?

@TXDad56 yes you want to choose one of those, maybe but you need time to consider them, no you do not want to choose one those and decline the offer.

@mrsqster according to what it says College Station is full for engineering

So does that mean that everyone who would be given a full admission (in all majors) have already been notified?

@DaughterEngineer Where was the academy offer posted?

If I applied for a business major should I change my major or hope for Blinn?
My secondary major is English but Iā€™m not sure Iā€™ll make full admit regardless as I am a review admit.
16% 1190 SAT 3.9 GPA

is the rumor that all decisions will go out by Feb 1?

@learner234 check your ais my Howdy looks the same at this point.

could they go out sooner than feb 1

@AggieMomhelp so is Galveston not the same rights as Blinn/Bryan? Also how does the transition from one to the other work? so many questions and thoughts running through my mind right now.

@DaughterEngineer Where is it posted in Howdy, because with my test scores, Iā€™m ā€œsupposedā€ to get an academy offer.

This is exactly what my daughters ais says today.
Texas A&M University receives more applications from high achieving, academically prepared applicants than we can accommodate in the freshman class. The admission limits on the College Station campus have been reached and no additional offers of full admission will be made; however, in recognition of your academic and personal achievements, we would like to consider you for admission to one of the following Engineering Pathways:
ā€¢Option 1: Enroll in Engineering at Galveston
ā€¢Option 2: Enroll in Engineering at McAllen
ā€¢Option 3: Join the Texas A&M Engineering Academy at Blinn-Bryan (TEAB-Bryan), a dual enrollment program

Space within these programs is limited and may fill prior to the May 1 deadline; therefore, placement into a program will be on a first come, first served basis and once our target enrollment is reached the option(s) will no longer be available.

Then there are buttons to choose yes you want to choose a pathway, maybe you need to consider the pathways, no you decline to choose a pathway.

To all: it appears from whatā€™s been said today on here, that only engineering is full on cstat campus and no more engineering full admit offers will be extended. Nothing about regular admission (non eng) is being referenced on their AIS. So I would expect another Wave of review non engineering majors to be released by end of week. Thatā€™s taking into account what I heard from at the economic conference in cstat last week.

Back to engineeringā€¦ if you are not offered a spot in an academy, there are other academies you can apply to. But please know if you have been offered one of the Blinn Bryan or Galveston academiesā€¦ this is huge and a great accomplishment. Do not let it deter you or the student. If it were my kiddo, they would choose Blinn Bryan. Iā€™ve known several that have gone this route. They loved loved loved it. There truly is no difference. In fact a lot of people with full admit status for whatever major will take usually at least one class at Blinn because itā€™s easier, itā€™s available or to save money in some cases.

Congrats to the Engineers. Now letā€™s keep crossing our fingers for those non engineers.

Asking for a friend that didnā€™t get any offer on AIS today for engineering. What is left? PSA? or just flat denial?

@DaughterEngineer
Engineering at Galveston would be my first choice. Itā€™s full admission to A&M.
@MomHopesNxtGenAg
Can attest to this awesome admissions offer. She was waiting for these decisions to come out.
Congratulations and Whoop!
The academy offers are also good. I am not at my computer to supply links to each one but I would read the requirements for both before I selected one over the other.

@AggieMomhelp Have all the engineering academy offers been released yet?

My sonā€™s AIS still says same thing, ā€œAll freshman Engineering applicants who met early action deadline and do not have a decision posted have been deferred to January reviewā€.

All,
I am away for a few hours so please bear with me and Iā€™ll be back soon to help with the engineering offers and questions.

It looks like this was an engineering release that does not include all engr academy offered but those that qualify for all three.

@Thelma2 @AggieMomhelp We definitely want to consider Galveston or Blinn/Bryan. I am afraid to click yes because i dont know if i have to choose immediately upon clicking yes so I dont know what to do? or should I click maybe to consider pathways?