TAMU Class of 2023 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

Historically, you do not get to choose between the two @mrsqster - If they make the offer it is either TEAM or Gateway.

Hi I have been following this forum for a long time and I read that college station is full for engineering on this forum and I panicked so I called the TAMU admissions office and they informed me that engineering is NOT full at college station and a a bunch of decisions are coming out this Thursday and Friday so GOOD LUCK EVERYONE !!

@AggieDreamin For class 2021 Fall 2017,
Holistic review admits: 3800 offered admission
Blinn Team: 2400 offered admissions

Thank you @2019gradclass for the update! We had the same panic here today. Our son is Q1 with a 1350 SAT and will graduate with his AA in General Studies in May. He has been accepted to Baylor, UH, Texas Tech, and UNT but we are anxiously awaiting a decision from TAMU. He is not able to take one of the other pathways due to his dual credit so we are hopeful that he still has a chance for full admit this week.

@AggieMomhelp Would you agree with @2019gradclass?

@2019gradclass , yesterday, @DaughterEngineer posted that her daughter’s AIS had said that all full admits to cstat had been given out.

@learner234 I do not agree with what she was told, but am sure she was told that. Admissions is very tight lipped. They are typically college students answering the phones. You’re not going to get someone that is actually making the decisions or is in the know about such things. The paper said we’ll have about 2000 more full admits and I’m going to predict that is everything except engineering. I do think there could be more academy for engineering offers soon. And then we will also see Blinn Team and Gateway come out shortly after that (like a week or two after last full admit). PSA will follow a week or so after that.

@learner234 and @2019gradclass, AIS did post that CSTAT engineering was full yesterday morning when we logged on. Let’s hope that the admission office miscommunicated with the web master therefore released the statement prematurely.

AIS, as in through Howdy?

@angsmi AIS, as in the applicant information system. Howdy and AIS are two different systems.

Within Howdy, I click AIS and my banner still says all applicants who met early deadline and have not heard anything have been pushed to Jan review. Are you saying your banner states Engineering at Cstat is full?

@angsmi My AIS also says the early deadline thing, but @AggieMomhelp and @DaughterEngineer have stated that engineering is full.

etown23 states that their AIS stated that CStat is full? But ours does not? strange!

@angsmi It’s because they had qualified for the academies before us, so the message comes up on theirs before ours.

When did you apply: October 21st
When did you get your UIN: October 24th
When did you receive your admission decision: Waiting
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: Mays, Economics
Class Rank: 450/1354 (33.2% in state public school)
SAT (with Sub Scores) None
ACT (with Sub Scores) 30 ( 32 R, 29 M, 33 E, 26 S)

Hello, I was wondering what a likely admission pathway is. (Full, Blinn, other, not accepted). I go to a very large, competitive high school. I have a strong essay, an internship in the business world (Which is now a part time job), pretty strong extracurriculars (High School track, soccer, club soccer, NJHS, NHS), good volunteer work (200 hrs plus over 4 years), and strong recommendation letters from a counselor and an AP English teacher who’s daughter attended A&M. My second major is economics. (MS)

Also, I understand that Mays is full but am wondering if being (Fully) admitted into Economics is a possibility. Otherwise I am willing to do Blinn. Finally, what is a timetable of when I should find out? Thank you for your responses.

I just talked to the admissions counselor lady on the phone and they said all engineering decision should be out by the end of this week but didnt specify the day. What I dont know is if they are still offering full admission to college station or they ran out of room? I really hope I get blinn engineering academy at blinn-bryan if I don`t get full admission. My chances are already slim as a review applicant and I just hope I get some sort of admittance to college station at this point. Thank god the wait is almost over!

I need help from anyone that can provide. My daughter applied for the engineering program at college station. Today she received acceptance to the Galveston campus and is feeling really down.

This year she will graduate high school and walk the stage earning her high school diploma and associates degree at the same time with a perfect score of a 4.0. She is in the top 8% of her class in the high school program at the local community college. She has worked very hard and feels getting into the engineering program at Galveston as a let down.

We do not know anything about the Galveston campus and she is questioning if she should go. Can anyone provide information about the campus and how it viewed.

What was her SAT/ACT? Math subscore? Does she have calc and physics? When did she apply?

@dutchesmom how come she wasn’t auto admit if she was top 8%?