TAMU Class of 2023 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

I asked my son about transportation to games. He has said this is not available now, and I have seen no evidence otherwise myself. As a donor to the university, my undergrad alma mater, I am specifically not happy that they don’t seem to have this. My son got his all-sports pass and got to 2 or 3 games even before he took his car down by arranging a ride to CS. It was easy for him to pick up tickets at his campus.

** @AggieMomhelp is curious about whether your daughter was given a choice of admission between Blinn-Bryan and Galveston, for example. Do you know? **

She was was accepted to Galveston and McAllen nothing about Blinn. I have no idea of the differences.

Ok, Galveston and McAllen. Thank you. Try not to worry. Just see what you all think.

When did you apply: July 2nd
When did you receive your admission decision: n/a
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: Communications in Liberal Arts
Class Rank: non ranking high school but 1Q on AIS
SAT 1320
ACT none
GPA 4.8 on a 5 scale
Many AP classes, honors classes, marketing internship, yearbook editor, cheer captain on varsity cheer 4 years, numerous missionary trips, both parents attended a&m, met with advisor in liberal arts department etc

How are my chances sounding? I am hoping on at least blinn team or gateway

For admitted students…
My daughter checks her financial aid portal daily to check on scholarships. So far, nothing. But this morning the message states that the portal is closed until 5pm today as they are awarding incoming freshman awards. Good luck everyone!

@Sydhendershot I think your chances are really good with that test score and 1Q add to that your solid ECs of leadership, you make a strong candidate for full admissions. Best of luck.

My daughter just got six tabs in Howdy this morning! Today is her Birthday…so maybe they were waiting on that!?! All this waiting has been tough, to say the least.

When did you apply: 9/30/18
When did you get your UIN: ?
When did you receive your admission decision: 6 tabs in Howdy 1/30/19
Major/College of Choice: Econ
Class Rank: 149/392 (38%)
SAT (with Sub Scores): 1230 (Math 600, Reading 630)
ACT (with Sub Scores): 27 (Math 27, Reading 31, English 23, Science 25)
GPA: 3.6

She has been very active in Civil Air Patrol with many promotions, leadership opportunities, and volunteer hours. Leadership roles in theater: stage manager for most productions and shop foreman last two years. Also in NHS and has had a part time job. She had initially signed up for engineering, but, after reading this thread for several months, realized that would not work out for her, so changed her major to Economics about a week and a half ago. She was born and raised in College Station and is a hard core Aggie through and through. She really wants to be in the Corps as well. She has gone to several Spend the Night With the Corps and two JCAPs (Junior Cadet Accessions Program). TAMU was the only school she applied to and had decided that if she did not get accepted, she would go to Blinn and transfer. Such a relief to see those six tabs this morning…now, I guess, it’s on to waiting for AIS to update to see if she’s fully admitted or if they want her to go somewhere else?

This thread has been a wealth of information over the last many months…thank you to all who have posted. :slight_smile:

Did anyone else get 6 tabs today? I didnt

No 6 tabs for my daughter today, Econ is second choice major. :frowning: She is 1st Quarter.

No change for my daughter either.

@BornAndRaisedAg What a fantastic birthday gift for your daughter! Congratulations and happy birthday to her.

@sportingclaymom Thank you. She was definitely a happy camper this morning.
:slight_smile:

Wow, what great timing, Congratulations @BornAndRaisedAg!! Happy birthday to your daughter

@Chemengmom, Thank you for the information/update on financial aid. Thanks to @Thelma2 we have found the location as to where the scholarship info is posted. Since figuring that out, we have been checking as well (my sons only hope for attending will be receiving a OOS waiver, which we understand is not likely, but we are still hopeful).

Hopefully as folks get this information they will post! Good luck!

I’m brand new to this site and am a TAMU graduate class of 90 and anxiously awaiting hearing something for my middle son who hopes to attend Texas A&M this fall. Forgive my ignorance but I’m not understanding what the 6 tabs are and where would he see the 6 tabs? Could anyone advise? Thank you

@rwright18 In Howdy there are 3 tabs “Home” “Applicant” and “MyHowdy”. Once there are 3 additional tabs it’s indicative of admission.

@rwright18 totally different than when we were at TAMU ('93 for me). lol There’s a lot to learn but we are all here to help if you have any questions.

My daughter is still waiting. Patiently. Nervously. She was accepted to Texas Tech, St. Edwards, CAP’d at UT Austin, and is hoping for at least Blinn Team at TAMU. TAMU is her first choice. But geesh, the waiting is much harder than we thought. Any ideas if she’ll get in?

When did you apply: 9/1/18
When did you get your UIN: ?
When did you receive your admission decision:
Major/College of Choice: Political Science or History
Class Rank: 19/46
SAT (with Sub Scores): 1170
ACT (with Sub Scores):
GPA: 4.3

Has passed all AP English courses and all AP History courses. Volunteers quite a bit in the community. Has a part time job. Mock Trial Team, Congressional Debate Team, Varsity Cheer Captain for three years, NHS officer, attended Girls State, competed in several UIL events.

Sorry, meant to say that she’s passed the AP exams with 3’s, 4’s, or 5’s on English and History.

@DestinationTAMU …welcome to the boat.