TAMU Class of 2023 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

Also - I know last year they had around 4,000 Blinn team offers and 600 Gateway offers, do we think they are going to be keeping the same amount of these pathways or cutting them down as well? I have been hearing both

Yes there have been holistic review students admitted @sydhendershot. But not a large wave of them. The belief is that by the end of next week - a wave of review admissions will occur. No idea how many will be full Vs TEAM and Gateway.

I would assume that the TEAM and Gateway offers will be roughly the same. From diving into the stats reported by RELLIS (where first year TEAM students go) it appears that the number of students that accept TEAM is significantly lower than than the percentage of students that accept traditional admission. Like less than 20 percent. So while there are a lot of offers - it is really not yielding that many students. Hundreds VS thousands.

From TexAgs - @TAMUAdmissions says: ā€œAgMom2023, As decisions are made (usually in small or larger groups), they are posted. They are not held until a specific time or day. However, checking once a week (probably at the end of the week) is the best course of action.ā€

Once a week, eh? Yeah right. 8-}

So decisions are coming up and Iā€™m in review. My stats are so close to academic admit but Iā€™m still prepared to be rejected.
Iā€™m top 17% of my class
SAT:1350
10 AP classes by the end of senior year and lots of extracurriculars
I applied for Econ major what are my chances

@heneedsomemilk69 Hey beauty, chief shah here. Iā€™m basically in the same boat as you. I donā€™t know how many spots they have for econ but from what I can see a lot of people applied. I had Mays first choice but Iā€™m praying for econ. Also I noticed people in the top 40% are getting in so I donā€™t see why we wouldnā€™t but so far thatā€™s been the theme this year.

We are still trying to decide. If we decide to continue with A&M it will be at the Galveston campus since it is full admit and will have the option to transition to college station.

We are going to Galveston this weekend to check things out since we know nothing about the campus.

@chiefshah134 Not many 2Q have been accepted unless really high SAT/ACT scores and weā€™ve seen them get engineering, not really other majors as of yet. @heneedsomemilk69 your stats are great. So close to academic admit. I would think you would get full admission based on past years. This year does seem trickier though. Iā€™ll be anxious for Thelma to put numbers together when all is said and done (no pressure @thelma2).

@dutchesmom Rellis Academy is also full admit in most opinions. The students have every access and resource any full time cstat student has. EVERYTHING. So weigh both options for campus feel and whether or not your child handles change. Transition first year is hard wherever they go. If they donā€™t adapt well, then may be smoother overall college transition if start off in College Station. Just food for thought.

@Dutchesmom when I spoke to an Advisor yesterday in admissions I was told that Galveston and the Blinn Bryan Engineering Academy were both offers of full admission. He said it is just a space issue and that students who chose either of those would go through the same exact process of classes freshman year and ETAM and same transition to Cstat. He said the only difference in TAMUG and the TEAB offer was at galveston you take all the classes there and with TEAB you take part of your classes at BLINN and part at TAMU Cstat. He kept saying over and over when I was questioning the differences of TAMUG andTEAB offer and insisted that both were offers of full admission and it was just a space issue nothing more. Yes if you choose TEAB you will be enrolled at both but you will be a full Aggie just like everyone else.

I just received an email saying that I have been offered some awards for scholarships and financial aid. I guess they started sending out awards?

@sdwims Congrats! Does it show up under your financial aid portal?

From a tech challenged parentā€¦ ? are there any threads, old or new that someone could point me to that doesnā€™t focus as much on engineering? Very difficult to sift through and find info that may be relevant to non engineering applicants (no offense meant bet ?). Not sure if that exists, or if maybe anyone is interested in opening a new thread for that?

Aggiebound tweet about :30 minutes agoā€¦ā€Howdy, Eden! Fall 2019 freshman applicants can expect to have a decision before March 1ā€
Iā€™m sure many will know before 3/1, but looks like the goal is to have admissions wrapped up by then. At this pointā€¦Whatā€™s one more month? Ugh!

@laxmom2000 Given all the conflicting information that admissions is providing I would assume that is a safe comment for them to make at this stage.

@JaceyK thank you :slight_smile: and yes it does show up in my financial aid portal

@laxmom2000 and @aggiedreamin thatā€™s what weā€™ve been told since last October. It must be their standard script.

Trying to find out likelihood for admittance of my daughter. Here are her stats:
Applied 10/10
UIN assigned 10/13
SAT 1280
Applied to TAMU College Agriculture/Animal Science as her primary choice and TAMU BioMedical Science as her backup choice
class Rank top 17.5%
GPA 3.04 weighted 4.06
Current Status is In Review

She has done 2 Spend the Night with the Corps, and checked off that she was interested in the joining the Corps as part of her application (I know the application says that interest of the Corps plays no role in the admission process although we are hoping it does help in the review process :slight_smile:
Sheā€™s already been accepted to LSUā€™s Animal Science Program and rewarded with In-State tuition rates already, But sheā€™s holding out to become an Aggie.

Trust me, you will all know way before March 1st. Thatā€™s to keep yā€™all from calling, lol.

@hypnopooper Decent shot at admission, but better shot at TEAM. If team, she can still be in the Corps which is a bonus!!! Best of luck!

I had no idea that TEAM could still be in the corps. Does that mean she will be on campus in the corps dorms at CSTAT as well If offered TEAM?

@Hypnopooper You can do anything while in Blinn Team other than play UIL sports! You are co-enrolled so you are still an Aggie!