TAMU Class of 2023 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

anyone know when EA decisions are expected to come out?

Yeah his everyone just a quick question. My cousin applied to Mays but is holistic review applicant not auto. I have been hearing Mays is full but how is that true if that havenā€™t released most holistic decisions yet? And if it is true how do you guys know for sure there are no spots left at all? Thank you!

Just checked my response to the Blinn TEAM question. I selected ā€œNo, I am not interestedā€. This was before I had a good understanding of what TEAM was. In the last month or two Iā€™ve decided I would take it if I was offered. On apply Texas it says ā€œselecting ā€œNo, I am not interestedā€ may negatively impact a studentā€™s opportunity for admission to Blinn TEAM.ā€ Am I safe? What should I do?

When did you apply: Sept. 23
When did you receive your admission decision: n/a
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: 1st Business Administration 2nd Agribusiness
Class Rank: 321/1100 (IB world school)
SAT 1400 (670 ela, 730 math)
ACT none
GPA 4.28 on a 5 scale
11 AP classes (4 AP exams passed 5 current), honors classes, 5 years in 4h shooting club (1 year treasurer, 1 year parliamentarian, current president), 4 years marching band, over 40 hrs community service following hurricane Harvey. Good essay. Good rec letters.

How are my chances sounding?

And member of MENSA high iq society

@bellasea @CMR1997 @223hopeful @aggiemomhelp @hypnopooper @tisulli @aggiedreamin @bluebayouAZ @tamu23plz

It matters not if you checked the box or not on Apply Texas regarding Blinn Team. It is a survey question.

This topic comes up every year and Admissions Officer on TexAgs confirmed this.

An applicant will still be considered for Blinn Team and offered Blinn Team regardless of how the survey questions was answered on the admission application.

So you think it was just a survey question @thelma2 Itā€™s worded like it could make a difference.

"Texas A&M University receives more applications from high achieving, academically prepared applicants than we can accommodate in the freshman class. As a result, we have established a collaborative, co-enrollment partnership between Texas A&M and Blinn College. Each year, this program allows the admission of hundreds of academically prepared students into the Texas A&M freshman class than otherwise would have been possible due to enrollment limitations. Participating students are enrolled at Texas A&M and enjoy most of the privileges afforded a Texas A&M student. Visit BlinnTEAM for more information. This question is intended to gauge an applicantā€™s interest in BlinnTEAM. All applicants will be given maximum consideration for full admission prior to being considered for BlinnTEAM; however, selecting ā€˜no, I am not interestedā€™ may negatively impact a studentā€™s opportunity for admission to Blinn TEAM. Please indicate your interest below. "

@stockstar55

Your chances for full admissions being below the top 25% of your class are lessened. Mays school of Business is full and if you are offered admissions, you will be placed in your second choice major of Agri Business.

You could also get a Blinn Team offer and transfer into your preferred major. Here is the transfer course sheet for that major http://admissions.tamu.edu/admissions-staging/media/Main/pdfs-transfer2018/AG18-Agribusiness.pdf

@BlueBayouAZ well my son just shot himself in the footā€¦probably both feet. Oh well.

I wouldnā€™t say that yet @JaceyK - The keyword is ā€œMAYā€ - @thelma2 is probably right about it not making a difference.

@jaceyK @BlueBayouAZ

YES! It is ONLY a survey Question. It is MEANINGLESS for admissions purposes. This come up EVERY year and it has been asked about and received an official answer from A&M Admissions.

Thank you, @thelma2 and @bluebayouaz I really hope there is still a chance for him. We should know for sure a month from now, right?

Hi, I was wondering if you could let me know my chances of any admission plan!!
When did you apply: Sept. 29
When did you receive your admission decision: still waiting
Major/College of Choice: 1st Animal Science 2nd Biology
Class Rank: non-ranking school, very small. tamu ranked second quarter
SAT n/a
ACT 33
GPA 3.29
5 on AP Test, cheer captain, Girl Scout Gold Award recipient, volunteer hours, attended tamu camps, instate student

I know the waiting sucks but yall got this!!
Gig em!!

howdy!! I was wondering if anyone could chance me? I posted this about a week ago but Iā€™m not sure if I got an answer! Iā€™m just so nervous waiting, I would love to get full admission. Iā€™m just hoping for an offer for Team or PSAā€¦ Iā€™ve been accepted to UTSA and Baylor, but I got CAP from UT. A&M has been my first choice so Iā€™m just waiting for the decision!

When did you apply:11/8
When did you get your UIN:11/13
When did you receive your admission decision: still waiting
Major/College of Choice: 1st choice Allied health 2nd choice Public Health
Class Rank: 80/66 (12.01%) at a very competitive 6A school in Central Texas
SAT (with Sub Scores) 1180 (reading 620 math 560)
GPA - 3.88 weighted

I know my SAT is not the best but I believe my extracurriculars are what will push me through. I am on Speech and Debate, NHS, Vice President of Spanish Honor Society, Student Council, I volunteer often, & I have had an internship with a pediatrician over the summer!

Thank yā€™all so much! Gig em!!

@Thelma2 how do you know Mays school is full? i applied and havenā€™t heard back yet. yikes

There have been numerous questions about how we know Mays is full. Mays fills up just with auto and academic admits and usually even before the application deadline. The chance of a holistic review applicant being accepted to Mays is slim to none. It sounds harsh, but itā€™s true. At this point, if Business was the first choice for any applicant who has not yet received an admission decision, if you still have a chance of being accepted, it will not be in Mays. I hope this doesnā€™t come across as too direct or mean, but with so many still holding onto hope for Mays, I wanted to clear it up a bit.

@snappy00 prospective student centers and admissions has confirmed Mays is full. Plus auto admits are getting placed in their second choice majors. Same for Visualization.

@snappy00

@Oldag48 is spot on with the answer to your question

@oldag48 thank you. If I had to address one more time I might turn off this Forum.

For 2Qs, chances lessen as your rank moves out of 1Q. For 1Qs, your chance lessens with a low sat or act. To the person who posted a 33 or 32, you will get an offer. But could be team.

To the person who said they want team or PSAā€¦ you will at least get psa. Itā€™s like UT cap program. Most get that when denied.

Sorry Iā€™m on my phone and lose my text wheneve I got to address someone lol.

Tomorrow could be the big day! I hope I wake up to find 100 posts on this forum saying they got 6 tabs. And do not ask me what 6 tabs mean. You will find that answer over and over on here.

Sleep tight???

^^^^^THIS
And I am going to start monitoring only from my phone from now on so I can use all of those emojis in my posts that my daughter says I use incorrectly.