TAMU Class of 2023 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

@everyone. Colleges always wait until the afternoon or evening to release decisions. Just wait and pray. Good luck everyone.

Historically TAMU has been 7:00 am releases but everything else has been different this year so maybe they are changing things up to keep us on our toes.

Maybe someone forgot to flip the switch? [-O<

Everyone that I have talked to on staff at TAMU always says the portals update on Saturdays - so maybe we have to wait one more day

No changes here either

Mine is deceiving cause I have 6 tabs but that is from admission to Galveston. Lol what will sis or howdy day if I get team or psa?

No 6 tabs for me

@Coleaggie19 ais should say you have recieved an offer or a green button that says view offers where it said your app is complete and in review.

I asked on Texas Ags yesterday about what time or how often Howdy is updated and this is the response I received from admissions.

“As decisions are made (usually in small or larger groups), they are posted. They are not held until a specific time or day. However, checking once a week (probably at the end of the week) is the best course of action.”

Problem is that every time someone asks them or admissions a question the answers are always different so I am starting to not trust anything they tell us. Guess we will have to be surprised when it happens. Hopefully we will start to see people with 6 tabs so we know it is happening.

crickets

Is everyone here a review admit or academic or auto that doesn’t have changes?

I think I read this here, but then I took a look myself. Someone named “Eden” asked the Aggiebound twitter account yesterday whether TAMU applicants would have a decision by Aggieland Saturday. The Aggiebound twitter response was "Howdy, Eden! Fall 2019 freshman applicants can expect to have a decision before March 1. " I shared this with my wife and she about lost her marbles . . . . with 1st daughter graduating from A&M in May of this year, she is rather keen on 2nd daughter “firming up plans” for the Fall, and like everyone else here, the wait is excruciating . . . .

@Hypnopooper - Someone may have answered this, but in case they didn’t
 Students in TEAM can be in the Corps. They will live in the Corps dorms like everyone else, but on their Blinn days, they go to class (out of uniform) at Blinn. Everything else is the same. – Checking “yes” to Corps interest doesn’t help you get in, it just means you get the packet from the Corps in the mail. – What may or may not help (I have no idea) is going to Spend the Night with the Corps and showing continued interest in the Corps by following up and keeping in touch with Corps staff

No change ?

Does anyone else think it’s kinda ridiculous to not have admissions decision’s by this point? It is February, and it seems like us review applicants are going to have the leftover housing options and have to wait to decide on other schools for potentially an entire other month.

@robg001 I know the process is frustrating. I was pretty much already aware that as a review admit my son would likely miss the opportunity for on campus housing which we’re comfortable with. We still have another 4 to 8 weeks for a few other schools he has applied to so we’re just settling in for the ride. Lots of Netflix to take our mind off things!

The waiting is brutal. Although, even though it was 30+ years ago, I was a review admit for A&M and didn’t hear I was accepted until March. At the time, I was just outside the auto-admittance threshold.

I’ve been lurking for a few months, Here are my daughter’s stats;
When did you apply: end of November
When did you receive your admission decision: Still waiting
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: 1st Business 2nd Public Health
Class Rank: 3/28
SAT 1140 (very low)
ACT n/a
GPA 3.8 unweighted
No AP classes, 160 volunteer hours at an assisted living community for the elderly, 4 years of basketball and softball, track and field, competitive dance team, NHS, FBLA, FFA, FCA, officer positions in several of these organizations, part time job, learning to fly, 2 extremely strong recommendation letters, and concurrent enrollment with 23 college hours earned.
I know her SAT is low, she’s regretting not listening to mom by not taking it again or the ACT.
We’re hopeful for Blinn. What do you think her chances are? I’m nervous for her. She wants to be in the CORPS, after graduation commission into the Air Force to be a pilot then start her own aviation business.

@robg001
It is actually not ridiculous to be waiting this long for an admissions decision as a review applicant. In this thread of 180 pages, it is mentioned over and over and over and over and over again that it is typical for the majority of review applicants to not receive an admission decisions until February. In the past 180 pages, it also explains why that is.

As for housing, it is not about WHEN you receive your admissions decision but WHEN you APPLY for housing. You have 30 days to apply for housing after you receive your admissions decision to have guaranteed on campus housing.

If you click on “Notification of Decision” you will see the published date of when decisions are complete. Historically, it has been earlier than the published deadline for the majority of applicants, though some admissions decisions can trickle in after the majority. http://admissions.tamu.edu/freshman/admitted