TAMU Class of 2023 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

anyone have any guesses when the wave will be?

Many have said there should be a wave this weekend but I have also heard that it will not be until mid to late February

Can someone please chance my daughter? Although it seems like this year things are different, so who knows

When did you apply: July 8
When did you get your UIN: ??
When did you receive your admission decision: Anxiously waiting
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: 1st Biology 2nd Zoology
Class Rank: Non ranking but TAMU put her in 1Q
SAT (with Sub Scores): 1310 (r/w 680) (math 630)

She has 400+ volunteer hours at local vet hospitals, church, sports,
 worked for a few years. She is homeschooled and unlike most applicants on this forum did not do any AP courses. She has 40+ dual credits (all A’s). So what we are concerned about is if she does not get full admit, what options does she have? She can’t do Blinn Team because I believe she exceeds the # of credits.

I know all of you are stressed with the wait. My first daughter was auto admit to A&M last year. My husband and I both graduated from A&M. It’s heartbreaking to think that our second may not get the chance to experience life in Aggieland! And it’s difficult to have patience while you watch dorm availability at other schools shrink. Keeping the faith!

Crickets on Howdy but got an email from Tamug, telling him he would be a good fit there? from office of student enrollment services. It is from Tamu Galveston. He did apply for engineering so I’m confused because howdy is still in review and only three tabs.

@angsmi What does AIS say?

In review

@angsmi Which major(s) did your son specify in his application?

My daughter got an email for admissions to TAMUG last night as well

Starts with “we’ve learned of your academic interest and believe TAMUG campus is an ideal fit for you!” Goes on to describe what they offer.

@AggieFam I am wondering which majors your daughter specified. TAMUG offers very specific majors there (as well as having early year engineering students).

@MomHopesNxtGenAg Mechanical Engineering

@AggieFam same email.

My daughter did not get any emails from TAMUG - @angsmi and @AggieFam - but she does get stuff from Texarkana frequently.

@angsmi That’s very interesting. All engineering admissions except marine engineering technology are handled through TAMU main admissions, not TAMUG admissions (which is separate). What was his second requested major?

@AggieFam I see your daughter asked for biology or zoology. Did she express any interest in marine applications? Perhaps they are thinking she might be interested in marine biology, one of the TAMUG majors.

The majors that TAMUG offers are under the Academics menu at tamug.edu, at http://www.tamug.edu/academics/#degree_programs.

Business

We looked up TAMUG majors last night and I don’t believe she is a good fit for their campus. She is prenursing. Since this isn’t a major we just picked Biology since she will need some of those classes for prerequisites to apply for the nursing program.

Hi so last night I got an email from TAMUG but it says my application is complete and in review still ? Does this mean I have been deferred there ? Also I didn’t apply under engineering, I applied under liberal arts so I’m kinda confused. Please help !

^^ also my major is not under TAMUG so does this mean I’m still deferred ?

TAMUG outreach like this seems a little different. It’s tough to tell yet how wide their outreach is and whom they might be targeting. I suspect we’ll try to figure this out if more people report these emails. They probably couldn’t tell from the majors listed that your daughter’s intent is prenursing, @AggieFam (for example).

TAMUG has its own admissions that a person has to specifically apply to EXCEPT for Engineering at Galveston, which is handled through main TAMU admissions.

Last admissions cycle, there were some admission offers to some programs that McAllen has, offers to selected applicants who seemed to McAllen like they might fit. In some of those cases, the person was confused because the fit wasn’t too close.

@angsmi Has your son considered the maritime administration major? This is a business major that I have heard is pretty good paying. I am not an expert in this, but it has its fans, sorta like Ag Business is a backup for some people who applied to Mays.

Again, I am no expert on TAMUG, but I believe there are some majors there that people actually do well with. There are folks there that are going for degrees that accompany Coast Guard licensing to operate and maintain large ships, and some of their marine biology folks are getting certified to work aboard. Anyway, it’s another world.