TAMU Class of 2023 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

Any news ?

Still no changes throughout the day for me /:

@kpaiged Same question here. Applied in October and still waiting. What about you?

My daughter also applied in October, still nothing

rejected at UT A – but listed as oos, which we’re not. saw lots and lots with higher/better stats rejected too. seems that auto admit thing is killing it for everyone else lol!

Still in review this morning… smh.

@tamu23plz same same --lol

Same. No changes this morning.
Looks like UT denied many OOS students with outstanding scores & GPAs last night. (My son included) Lots of activity on the UT 2023 thread.

Haven’t looked-decided we will wait to look after people start posting seeing 6 tabs here. Getting tired of looking and being disappointed only to find out no one else is seeing any activity. I wonder if they can see how many times a person logs in. LOL.

@JaceyK I don’t think they track log ins at this point but once accepted and school begins, they do. Parents have to have their own log in accounts to HOWDY and can only have it if the kid gives permission and sends them an invitation.

If the university systems see a log in from College Station with the usual ISP and one from a different ISPs, they will shut the students portal down.

There are some things you need to take care of once your kid turns 18, even before they head off to college. Once they are 18, everyone has to be given permission by your kid that they can talk to you. Here is one
http://registrar.tamu.edu/Registrar/media/REGI_Forms/Dependency_Certification.pdf

@Thelma2 good to know!

no updates yet

Still nothing.

A friend of mine called TAMU and asked about when her daughter would be receiving an admission decision - their response was TAMU is so backed up with applications it could be late february / march before anyone hears anything. - Not sure what staff position she was talking to thought.

Not surprising, considering they have had a record number of applications.

Even if Admissions knows that they were going to send a batch out on an upcoming Thursday, they are not going to tell a caller that.

Can anyone tell me about Team Blinn? Will everyone receive the notice at the same time or will they come out one by one throughout the months of Febuary or March

Do y’all mind chancing me?

When did you apply: November
When did you get your UIN: November
When did you receive your admission decision: N/A
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: international relations.
Class Rank: N/A (homeschooled)
SAT (with Sub Scores) N/A
ACT (with Sub Scores) 20 (math 16, eng 20, science 23, reading 20)

@Cmringvelski chief shah here. imma have to level with you bro. Your chances are not very good. With no rank and the ACT score you listed. I would feel bad if I said you have a chance. I’m not saying it’s impossible but it’s honestly highly unlikely. Maybe 3% chance. At the moment I’m not feeling good about my chances either.

@ChiefShah134 thanks.

Okay so I’m high key stressing out because I have no idea if I’ll be able to get full admit based on the uncertainty this year and I’d really appreciate a second opinion on my chances. Post #2288 (page 153)