TAMU Class of 2023 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

@Michaelandcello THAT was some work backing all the way up to page 153! With that said, you look good IMO for full admit. Especially with your strong extra curricular. Good luck to all!

@sportingclaymom an easier way would be to click on the personā€™s name and see their threads/replies.

Man I really thought I would have had a decision by nowā€¦

Could someone chance meā€¦ I know im in 2nd quarter which makes it even harder to chance meā€¦ but I just need to knowā€¦ and please be honest like if I donā€™t have a chance please tell meā€¦ Iā€™d rather know than to have people give me false hope if that makes any senseā€¦ thankssss :smiley:
When did you apply: October
When did you receive your admission decision: N/A
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: 1st: Public Health 2nd: Biomedical science
Class Rank: my school doesnā€™t have rank but tamu placed me in 2nd quarterā€¦
GPA: 4.01/5 (weighted) + 3.3/4 (unweighted)
SAT: 1270
ACT: didnā€™t send inā€¦

I have a lot of ecsā€¦ and I played a varsity sport for 4 yearsā€¦

thanks guys!

@pleasehelpme15 This probably wonā€™t help much but my daughter is a BIMS/Biology candidate and has almost the same stats. We are also anguishing about this decision. Months ago we were chanced with maybe full if not Blinn-Team. That being said, with the major increase in applications this year it may change the mix from past years and put us out of contention. The only way we will know for sure is to wait and see. I wish you the very best of luck and encourage you to keep the faith. The decisions should be coming very soon.

@Cattleworld please go back and read the last five or ten pages on this threadā€¦thereā€™s lots of discussion on Blinn. also, a thread from several years ago was brought back up to the top and you can find it here:

http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/texas-m-university/2049387-tamu-blinn-team-fall-2017-parent-perspective-p6.html

thereā€™s really not a single answer to your question about when notices will go out. itā€™s anyoneā€™s guess but some have already gone out. you may see that in some of the previous pages. welcome to the waiting game!

Hey all,

I want to remind everyone that seeing ā€œunder reviewā€ in Howdy is not equivalent to seeing ā€œdenied admission.ā€ Texas A&M is in extraordinarily high demand this year but the school is growing and adapting fast so if thereā€™s a school on Earth that can handle this influx, itā€™s Texas A&M. Give the admissions people some time to make the right decisions. Itā€™s clear that theyā€™re having to sift through a lot of applications and theyā€™re taking their time to be certain that they admit everyone who is deserving of admission. They canā€™t afford to be careless this year and admit anyone who submits an application, they have to be more selective. If you have a good GPA and good scores, donā€™t fret. They wonā€™t forget about you and Iā€™m sure, if they donā€™t offer full admission, theyā€™ll offer something. Thereā€™s no need to stress so much.

@Cmringvelski I am pretty sure A&M will only compare you with other homeschooled applicants. This will help a lot. Your ACT score is quite low, but because your major is not competitive you do have a small, but reasonable chance.

Hi quick question. If letā€™s say my first major is too competitive and they wonā€™t accept me for it, will they accept me for my second major which is non competitive ? Will I get capped for the first but then maybe have a chance to get accepted into the second ?

This article was posted on this thread, several hundred comments ago, but the incoming class of 2019 is going to be smaller.

https://www.theeagle.com/news/local/texas-a-m-eyes-slightly-smaller-incoming-freshman-class-for/article_b0df2a42-243e-5a62-a4d0-4585a0c88115.html

Guys your major except for engineering is irrelevant. They donā€™t select you based on major. They admit you then see if your major is still open. They wonā€™t deny you based on your selection. Transfer students are different but freshman students only go through admissions office.

Asking on behalf of my daughterā€™s friend. Based on this thread alone, it looks like he will be accepted to Blinn Team at most, and even that is looking iffy. Heā€™s already applied to Blinn separately and said heā€™ll go there and work to transfer to TAMU if thatā€™s his only option. For the parentā€™s on this thread with kids already at Blinn or TAMU, should he start looking for off campus housing now, or wait until his TAMU decision is released?

@Chemengmom
If they want to live on campus, then wait until the decision comes and apply for on campus housing within 30 days of getting the admissions decision. Wait longer than 30 days to apply for housing and it will be slim pickings because they will go to the back of the line.
To sign up for housing is not accepting the admissions decision. It is getting your name in for housing priority if you are not sure about attending yet or waiting on other decisions.
If they are accepted and want to live off campus, look for places on a bus route. The closer to campus, the more expensive some places can be, especially if they are newer.
Now is a good time to be looking. There are a lot of places in College Station of varying ranges/amenities. I made a spreadsheet and used google maps to find complexes and then ended up with 2-3 that fit all our criteria and 2 others that fit most of it. Then we toured them all one day and signed for fall. Know that most apartments donā€™t let them move in until the middle of Howdy week. Most leases expire July 31 and they tenant has like 3 more days to move out. Then the complex must do what repairs to all units prior to move in. Dorm move in is the weekend before Howdy week

@HubbleHD All review applicants are reviewed as a whole, so @Cmringvelski will be competing against every review applicant that has applied to Texas A&M for a spot.

Hey this is a random question but does anyone know how the nursing program at tamu works? I chose allied health as my major when I applied because I donā€™t recall there being a nursing option, so is that something you transfer into later?

@Thelma2 From my understanding, colleges compare applicants who are within the same district. Is this not true? If it is true, then I would assume that all home schooled applicants are compared together because they do not have a one district that encompasses all of them.

I was confused as well, and so I spoke to several TAMU nursing graduates when I applied in July. Nursing is considered a pre-professional major, which means you must apply for another major before applying to nursing school (allied health is the typical route). There are two/three routes you can take:

• Stay in Allied Health all four years and graduate with a bachelors degree in AH, then apply to nursing school and complete either a 15 month program or a 2 year program (Bachelors in AH, and BSN)
  • Stay in AH for 2 years while completing pre-requisites, and apply to nursing school to complete your final 2 years of college in nursing school (Earn BSN)

@madeline116

@madeline116
Internal Applicants
Internal applicants are current Texas A&M University undergraduate students in a non-nursing major on either the College Station or Galveston campus. This includes students on Blinn Team. Internal applicants must meet specific requirements to apply to the upper division sequence and should apply following the internal transfer process which includes completing a NursingCAS Application. Current students who will be earning a bachelorā€™s degree prior to the start date should follow the external transfer application instructions. https://nursing.tamhsc.edu/traditional/index.html

Internal Transfer Guidelines https://nursing.tamhsc.edu/traditional/internal.html Click on each Application Requirement Details to expand each topic.

How to Apply https://nursing.tamhsc.edu/traditional/apply.html

Being a competitive applicant; Note that priority for Entry into upper level (nursing school) is given to those who complete the majority of the coursework in Brazos County. https://nursing.tamhsc.edu/traditional/being-competitive-dev.html

@HubbleHD says ā€œFrom my understanding, colleges compare applicants who are within the same district. Is this not true?ā€
No, this is not true at Texas A&M or any public university in Texas that I am aware of.
All review applicants are reviewed individually out of the whole total of review applicants that applied. They do not compare applications of students to one another from the same school, district, county, region, etc.

@Thelma2 @HubbleHD except they do compare you against your peers for the purpose of assigning class rank. I donā€™t know what homeschooled kids are grouped with to assess rank.