TAMU Class of 2023 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

A new thread for move in tips will be helpful so that they don’t get lost in the admissions pages and Yes, @HeBleedsMaroon I will be glad to share learning to build a schedule in a separate thread.

Ask and ye shall receive - http://talk.qa.collegeconfidential.com/texas-m-university/2125363-housing-move-in-tips-2019-p1.html?new=1

Are there any review admits still waiting?

we are review and still nothing.

i read somewhere about 6 tabs on your howdy page if you were admitted. My daughter hasn’t heard anything, so we are still on pins and needles here. Advice?

@LorenaD no advice to offer about the pins and needles but this forum has a wealth of information on almost every page. go back and read and learn all you can…it will not be wasted time. also, know that you’re not alone in the waiting.

Does anyone know have they already notified Automatic Admits or Academic Admits and at this point does that mean everyone else in the review process? Thanks Concerned Parent :slight_smile:

@IT22379 I would think so for majors other than Engineering which is still ongoing for all (Mays and Viz are full). We have seen a handful of review candidates receive acceptance for other majors. That being said, the folks on this forum are only a subset of the overall pool. We are expecting more decisions to come out in the next couple of weeks .

I have an interesting question.

It is my senior year, I took 4 DC classes (gov, econ, Calc, Business Calc.) I messed up in econ and calc and got a B and a C, but, yes I passed. Will these low grades come back to bite me in the butt if I try to transfer into Mays?

@AggieDreamin thanks for you reply I was a little concerned because my son had the grades for Academic Admin ad he is the top 11% but yes he is trying to get in the Mays Business School as #1 and Science (Mathematics) as 2. We haven’t heard anything so was really worried.

@IT22379 Have you checked Howdy for 6 Tabs or AIS for major change? I would suspect that they would put him mathematics since Mays is full. If nothing has changed in Howdy or AIS it might make sense to call admissions and inquire.

@AggieDreamin I have checked his AIS and it still says in review but not familiar with what you mean by Howdy for 6 Tabs? I can get into the Howdy Account.

@texantexantexan have you already been admitted to TAMU, and if so, what major?

@IT22379 He can log into this portal
https://howdy.tamu.edu/uPortal/normal/render.uP
If using a computer, in the top left there are tabs. Before you are admitted there are 3 and if you are admitted there are 6. If using a mobile phone you click on the 3 bars in top left corner and it will open the tabs. I would personally call and confirm status if there is no change and he is academic admit.

@AggieDreamin When we visited last spring we were told do not transfer DC credit classes until you have spoken with your counselor.

Anything with less than a 4.0 should wait, as you don’t know how you will will perform your first year. Make it known that you have DC credits, and your counselor should assist you with figuring when a good time to transfer them over or if not to at all…

@AggieDreamin, thanks when I login I only see 3 tabs.

@Hypnopooper I think you meant to address the DC response to @texantexantexan :slight_smile:

@AggieDreamin in your opinion and I heard so many stories about calling and you should not call admission. What is your opinion on this.

@IT22379 I think it is ok in this situation. Or you could ask a question at the bottom of AIS (which could take a day or two). But if you want quick answer I would call if it were me. If you are nice they won’t mind :slight_smile:

@IT22379 Let’s see if we can collectively figure this out before you have to make a call. For academic admits, it’s top 25% in class ranking and at least a 1360 SAT with at least a 620 for math and a 660 for reading or a 30 ACT with at least a 27 for English and a 27 for math. If your son met all of these requirements, I would definitely make a call.