TAMU Class of 2023 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

@aggiehopeful12 my oldest goes to Ole Miss (pre-pharmacy), Ole Miss pharmacy program is highly ranked in the country. If your son is not going to be an engineering major, I think Ole miss is a good choice for him. We are 10 hours from Ole Miss and my daughter has driven it 2x already and is not complaining :slight_smile:

@sportingclaymon he is 11% in class ranking, 1480 on SAT (770 Math) (650 reading) 30 ACT he is over 30 in both English and Math.

1 Like

@IT22379 He definitely qualifies as an academic admit. I would make the call.

@IT22379 check the My Test Scores in your sonā€™s AIS to make sure they received the scores. Also does your son have all the green check marks?

@JaceyK Thanks yeah its all green expect for the ones that say required once admitted.

@IT22379 as @JaceyK mentioned you might want to double check that they have his ACT score. The SAT would have missed slightly on Reading. You can click on the link next to Test Score (View All Tests) to double check.

So ok I called since Mays is full already even though he is Academic Admit he would go into the holistic review process for his second option and at this point they are in review this is what I was told. Mays was full in October.

@IT22379 My son is a review admit and on his AIS in highlighted yellow it says, ā€œMy App Is Complete And In Reviewā€. I would expect that your sonā€™s shouldnā€™t have that since heā€™s not a review applicant. Iā€™m surprised that all auto and academic admits havenā€™t been completed yet. The review kids must have quite some time to wait still.

@sportingclaymom yeah I made the call to admission see above and they are saying they should find out by end of February or mid March.

@IT22379 I just noticed that. Iā€™m surprised that even though heā€™s an academic admit that they would bump him to holistic review just because Mays is full. I would expect that he would automatically get his 2nd choice. @Thelma2 Can you give us some insight on this?

@Thelma2 and @AggieMomhelp does what they told @IT22379 sound right? I thought if Mays was full they would just put him into his second choice major (in this case Mathematics). Is Mathematics a competitive major?

@sportingclaymom just saw you said/did what I did. Great minds think alike :))

Just out of curiosity have a review Admits gotten full admission offers and also have any Blinn team Gateway or PSA track offers been sent out?

@ā€œ4mykids!ā€ There are special instructions if you bring a router https://tamu.service-now.com/tamu-selfservice/knowledge_detail.do?sysparm_document_key=kb_knowledge,c98fc1816f454e00b522db3bbb3ee48e

There are ethernet outlets installed in the dorms and campus apartments and one just needs a cord.

TEAM, Gateway and PSA have not happened yet. There have been some review admits - but conventional wisdom is there will be a wave of about 2000 review admits in the next couple of weeks (before March 1)

He should definitely be academic admit. Thereā€™s no such thing as holistic review for non engineering students that have those stats. @it22379 you need to call again. Be that advocate because what they told you is wrong. Remember, these are college kids that answer the phone. Talk to a grown up. Not belittling those students, but what they told you is wrong except for the fact that Mays is full and has been since the Fall. He will slide into his 2nd choice. If that is full, they will ask him for 3rd choice. You have 22 minutes left in the day!

Also has anyone been flat out denied like a straight no??

Oh my goodness @IT22379 I hope not til mid March, this is getting so nerve wracking ?

Ii am just getting caught up for @IT22379
Who ever said that he is now a review admit because Mays is full doesnā€™t know their behind from their elbow. An Academic Admit is admitted to the university and if their first major is full, automatically put into second major. There is no review for majors for academic admits, other than engineering.
I would call back and not get off of the phone until I got someone who isnā€™t still wet behind the ears and get a correct answer.
Your sonā€™s SAT does not qualify him as an academic admit. I missed it if you sent the ACT? If the ACT is showing up in his portal, then you need to get on this now. When did he apply?
If this is their mess up, and he should have been admitted before Mays was full, I would be insisting they rectify this situation. If they wonā€™t do it via phone, then you contact the Dean of Student Affairs less than 30 seconds of hanging up.

I took on Oklahoma State in 2015 when a wet behind the ears moron cancelled my daughters admissions because someone else with the same name had responded to an solicitation email that they had committed elsewhere and to stop sending emails. Didnā€™t even matter that my daughter was an accepted student with a UIN# and the other girl was a prospective student.
It took several months for me to find out this happened when we got a refund notification and so I called about why I got a refund. By then they had given away her room assignment and chosen roommate, her Cowboy Camp spot, her instate tuition waiver, and much else. I got NOWHERE with Admissions nor ResLife Admissions told me the deadline had passed and it would have to go under review and ResLife said that if she was readmitted, she would have to chose a new room or they would ask the new assigned girl if she would move but it was up to the new assigned student. Nothing moved in our favor until I got the Dean of Student Affairs involved and it was rectified in less than 24 hours.

Write down ever persons first and last name you talk to, what office they are in and their title and document the conversation as you are speaking.

You can also contact admissions via the contact tab in AIS. Be very specific that your son applied X date. ACT with sub scores are X and why has he not been admitted to the university and his first choice major. We know from this thread that review admits were admitted in early October and it is usually not until mid November that Mays fills with those who have accepted Admissions. Notifications of admissions for Auto/Academic admits first went out September 20.

@Coleaggie19 No, they havenā€™t gotten that far. They will need to get through Full, Blinn Team, Gateway and PSA first. Some consider PSA a denial but can also be considered an alternative pathway for some.