TAMU Class of 2023 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

@Thelma2 thank you! Makes sense now haha.

@Thelma2 once all decisions are released, is there an announcement or some indication from admissions that itā€™s over?

another day, same three tabs

Good Morning, My daughter is still review like many others here. She is 1Q, 1300 SAT and major is Animal Science. Cstat is her first choice but we are visiting TAMUG next Friday. My question is, would we apply to TAMUG separately or just wait to see if itā€™s offered? if we due TAMUG she will choose Marine Biology as major and then try to transfer to Animal Science at Cstat after a year.

@Thelma2 so to clarify you think all full admissions are done and that none of us were in that wave and that is why we are not seeing posts on this thread?

@AMbound For her major, sheā€™ll need to apply to TAMUG separately - it is not offered as an alternate campus unless she is engineering major. Deadline for TAMUG application is March 1. My son will be attending TAMUG this fall and then switching major for year 2 to attend CSTAT, unless by some miracle he is accepted to CSTAT initially :slight_smile: Best of luck to her!!

I just talked to someone in admissions and they said full admissions decisions are still being made and will be complete by the 1st week of March. ?

@mrsqster No, she is not saying that. There should be one more wave of full admits for non engineering majors. I am not saying that Engineering is done, Iā€™m just talking about non engineering for this post.

I dont want to take my daughter to Aggieland Saturday just to have her fall more in love with it and then not get admitted. It sounds like a great day but dont want to risk it.

While I appreciate all the efforts trying to find out when they will release decisions for review admits (and now obviously academic/auto admits for engineering), I think that itā€™s in our best interests to go with the flow this year because we have had varying reports of this week (before AggieLand), 2/15, 3/1, mid March, etc. Out of respect for the admissions office who are already hammered with calls left and right, we should stop calling them about this. I donā€™t think we are ever going to get a definite answer, right or wrong. I get it - we are ALL going stir crazy with the waiting; however, the reports of when it will happen really mean nothing. Not at this point anyway. :slight_smile: Really wish TAMU would send out decisions on specific dates instead of leaving a guessing game for all of us (including the admissions office lol).

Thanks everyone for their comments. I finally spoke to an admission coordinator and they looked at my sonā€™s file and looks like he missed the minimum in reading and writing by 10 points but everything else was ok. That being said is why he went in the Hollistic Review Process but now at least I know and will just have to patiently wait and pray and hope he gets into his second option at TAMU.

@IT22379 but with your sonā€™s ACT score, he still should have been academic admit. ACT required is 30 with minimum of 27 in Math and English portions. Do they not have his ACT on file?

@IT22379 youā€™re going to be banging your head against the wall if you didnā€™t submit his ACT scores. Please let us knowā€¦

First time commenter here - for some reason I thought she might hear today, but she didnā€™t. Is there a specific day of the week decisions are released? My apologies if this has been answered before!

@AggieMomhelp Maybe thatā€™s where the problem is I see a bunch of his SAT scores but not ACT. Do they require both or either or? I know he got a 30, also just a tidbit from the admission folks they said they only update AIS once a day at night and if it still shows in review not to check till that night or the next day.

@IT22379 check with ACT and see if your son reported his ACT scores to Texas A&M - that would be my next step. Might be too late to send his scores though - I donā€™t think they accept anything after the deadline. :frowning:

@IT22379 That is a real bummer. His ACT score would have earned him academic admit :frowning:

@AMbound You may want to consider looking at Tarleton State in Stephenville TX. It is an A&M school and the most likely place PSA would be offered since they are an agricultural school and offer animal science. Albeit quite a bit smaller, we liked it, felt very comfortable. Has a lot of similar deep seeded traditions as the Cstat campus. We visited with my DD also a TAMU review admit for 2023. We chose because they are the only A&M school that offers International Studies\Political Science. She applied direct, just in case and got accepted to her major with University honors in less than a week. Still hoping for TAMU full admit or Team. Time will tellā€¦

And for everyone else, yes, this is painful. She has already been accepted to UT among others and her\our #1 TAMU is the only one we are waiting onā€¦ Son, Physics TAMU class of 21 was Academic admit got accepted, major and University Honors in no time. So, was not prepared for the review admit process. Learned a lot from this board. Thank you and good luck to all!

@Bass02 If the rumor is true that we Hear today, it will be tonight at midnight

thank you so much @ParadiseAggie and @GigemDad . Fingers crossed for all of our kids!