TAMU Class of 2023 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

@IT22379 i doubt it was for the whole freshmen class, ive talked to freinds at my school, and other schools and nobody has heard, we know engineering is full

Has anyone received tabs or decisions today?

@Sydhendershot yeah if you go back to the last few pages a couple have. im still waiting along with a lot of poeple

Has it just been engineering applicants receiving decisions? I applied communications

@Sydhendershot Go read page 200-203 for the majors that received the decisions. Easier for you to just go read them instead of someone else going back and reposting what every person reported.

just emailed admissions asking if we haven’t heard should we be nervous
this was the response

Howdy!

Thank you for your interest in Texas A&M University.

We strive to have all decisions released by the end of February, however historically, some decisions do continue rolling into early March. You could hear anytime between now and early March at the latest.

Decisions are not completed yet, and we still have decisions rolling.

Thanks & gig’em,

Three tabs still! Banner still says all freshman applicants who have not heard are deferred to Jan, Tamu placed him in First quarter but he is not academic admit. LOTS of AP and great GPA, so so SAT and, you know all the usual, and still NOTHING! I cannot obsess about this today! Good luck guys and have a great weekend!!! :slight_smile:

@angsmi that is for engineering

@noah4151 Yes

@DoodleMom2001 @noah4151 @IT22379 The verbiage that is on Doodlemom’s AIS is about Engineering. Engineering admissions is different from the rest of the university. We saw this same thing back on January 20th when review admits to the university applicants who had applied for engineering.
Then, on the 6th of February, we saw some full admissions to Engineering, so that message is going out only to engineering applicants who are only being offered the Galveston or Blinn/McAllen pathways to College Station engineering.

@DoodleMom2001 Congrats on the options of a decision. There are several threads on Galveston and the Academies as well as a wealth of information posted in the Engineering decision thread. There are links within many posts for you to explore and learn more about each program. All of them are great options.

Some of the info you are seeking is mentioned in the threads and because it is just too much information for any person to post on a forum, you will need to read up on it and then ask specific questions.that you have about each.

And accepted to Baylor, Tech, UTSA, and cap UT Austin and must let UT Austin know today. Waiting on TAMU :-SS

@noah4151 Do you know if Science: Mathematics a tough program to get into? LIke the Mays Business School.

Freshman majors are irrelevant. You first have to be accepted into tamu. Then they slide you into your major if open. Only engineering goes through another review after admitted.

So to repeat
 no such thing as competitve major keeping you out of tamu.

Congrats to all who have heard today. So excited for y’all. For those still waiting
 getting closer. Hang in there.

@angsmi My sons was capped at UT Austin as well.

@angsmi did you check AIS too?

@andsmi I checked this morning same thing still in review.

@AggieMomhelp Thank you !

Guys please HELP! I’m been offered all 3 options for Chemical Engineering (Blinn, Galv, and McAllen). What’s the difference between these and is it worth attending vs UT CAP or UNT? Would I ever be able to attend College Station? Very stressed. Hope my parents to see this.?

*don’t

Sorry im new here well kinda. What is Blinn Galv McAllen are these TAMU sattelite schools just like the CAP Program at UT
 Thanks