TAMU Class of 2023 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

could i hear during weekends ?

No news is always good news. Until you hear and then it could change to bad news or stay good news. Soā€¦ hold onto that over the weekend cause nobody will hear tomorrow.

@Sybylla I was going by my financial letter saying $38 something.

My son got the 3 offers. Heā€™s thinking TEAB Engineering however, he has a full tuition and other scholarships from his second choice but the ā€œwant to be an Aggieā€ force is strong with him. If he accepts the Blinn option what does it mean? Has he committed to the college? Is there a deadline by which he can withdraw his application/acceptance if he wants to later? Heā€™s undecided still but doesnā€™t want to miss the Blinn opportunity since itā€™s a first come first serve place. Heā€™s in the ā€œpulling hair what should I doā€ mode right now :slight_smile: so any help here is much appreciated.
And, @Thelma2 and @AggieMomhelp, youā€™ve been most awesome and generous with your knowledge and even more with the willingness to share it with all and guide everyone here. Thank you.

@AggieMomhelp do they not give decisions on Sundayā€™s? Also, does it seem like people get their decisions all at the same time, or if someone hears at say, noon on a Friday, another could have theirs not change til 9:00 pm on the same day? Hypothetically. It seems like the times people have reported getting their decisions are all over the map, but obviously we donā€™t know how often they log in etcā€¦ sorry reaching for inspiration and hope lol

@DaughterEngineer on the TAMU site it says $37,890 for tuition but with all in housing, food,etc it is $56,812 over $7,000 of that is estimated for travel and personal expenses.
http://financialaid.tamu.edu/Undergraduate/Cost-of-Attendance#0-CollegeStationUndergraduate

@Med4TAMU

Yes, if he accepts the Blinn option right now, that is committing to the program. It is frowned upon to accept an admission decision because you are waiting on other decisions to come in but it is done quite a bit I imagine. Having said that, May 1 is the official cut off date where you need to accept somewhere and then decline all other offers of admission.
So, if he does go ahead and accept admissions now, he can decline the offer later. Just make sure to do it by May 1.

@AggieDreamin Thanks thatā€™s what I was trying to figure out what was included in the COA in financial letter. U of TN COA includes unlimited meals, tuition, dorm, refrigerator in every room, microwave in every room, shared washers and dryers, travel additional expenses for the 31ish.

With it being in state we qualify for a lottery scholarship.

@janewalton iā€™m a parent and just wanted to let you know that there are many still waiting. iā€™m guessing thereā€™s likely another month of admission decisionsā€¦maybe more. use this time to read through the great advice given on this and the many other threads under TAMU. congratulations on your rank and scores. you should be proud of all the hard work youā€™ve put in to your courses and dual credits!

do you have a back up plan in place?

@Thelma2 What are my chances of getting in?

ACT-26 (super score 29)
SAT-1280
GPA-4.2
Classes- All AP and have 30 transferable credits from both Dual credit and Ap scores
EC- girl scout gold award, job for 2 years, Senate (3years) pals( 2 years) and 1000+ community service hours, special ed volenteer etc.
App Submition date- 10/20

@janewalton my daughter has exactly same SAT and did get put slightly into 2Q so your rank is better. AP/DC and extracirriculars are impressive. Competiton this year seems firece and they are taking less freshman this year. We are anxious and hoping for Blinn Team at best. But I would definitely be thinking about a backup plan. That way regardless of the outcome you know what your optons are. Good luck!

@AggieDreamin @tisulli

I only applied to OSU and TAMU and I was automatic for OSU. They gave me a great scholarship and I got into my major and the honors program there, but that is not where I want to go. That is where my parents want me to go. I really want to go to A&M, even if that means blinn community college then transfer in after a semester. But iā€™m hoping for Blinn team

@janewalton iā€™m living your story right now! my son was automatic to OSU with great scholarships, major and honors college. he wants A&M and I prefer OSU. Heā€™s also willing to go straight Blinn if necessary then transfer.

are you in TX or OK?

@janewalton OSU being Ohio State or Oklahoma State? Are you a TX resident or Out of State?

Does anyone have an estimate of how many applicants are offered Blinn Team? I still havenā€™t heard backā€¦ Getting anxious.

@tamu23plz

The numbers are not released yet for fall 2018 for specific admissions decisions but for fall 2017

Holistic review admits: 3800 offered full admission
Blinn Team: 2400 offered admissions
Blinn Engineering Academy: 855 offered admission
McAllen Engineering Academy: 1200 offered admission
Galveston Engineering: 1200 offered admission
Gateway: 530 offered admission
PSA: 10,600

@janewalton Iā€™m sorry but I just saw your credentials and am wondering how you have 1000+ hours of community service. Thatā€™s about 6 hours every single weekend of you your high school life.

@gigem2023 a lot couldā€™ve been done over summer break and some couldā€™ve been done on a weeknight.

@janewalton whats your tamu assigned rank?

@nervoustamumommy howdy updates in the morning around 7 to 6 tabs. AIS seems to update after that and not at normal times. But no, Iā€™ve never seen anyone get tabs on a Sunday.

As Iā€™ve said before my daughter got PSA in 2015 and chose OSU (go pokes). She liked it but missed Texas so transferred after freshman year. Osu is a great school with same or close environment as tamu just smaller. Itā€™s a great place to start if wanting a 4 year college right away. However Blinn TEam will give you that same experience. Blinn only as a CC will not but at least youā€™re in cstat and can get used to the area and make friends here.

No matter what happens, this is such a fun and exciting time for both student and parent. Also scary but enjoy it all.

I live in texas. and Oklahoma State