TAMU Class of 2023 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

@CamandCam , congratulations to you too! It is a bit of a long story but her rank did get updated properly finally. I don’t know if that affected general admission but hopefully it will help with engineering/scholarships maybe.

@BB1724 , I don’t understand why they don’t allow engineering review applicants to go ahead and register for NSC. Some engineering applicants won’t be notified until January, and by then, the early conference dates will probably be filled, and I assume classes will be filling up also? I agree with you, I wish the engineering admittance would come soon. Not looking forward to the wait.

@CamandCam am guessing that engineers going to engineering academy or Galveston would sign up for different nsc

Just got update on the TAMU website that my son’s status has changed from under review to admitted.
His Stats:

When did you apply:Aug 27
When did you get your UIN: Aug 30
When did you receive your admission decision:9/20
Admitted? Yes. Under Engineering review
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Academic Admit
Major/College of Choice: Biomedical Engineering/Biology
Class Rank: 25%
SAT (with Sub Scores) n/a
ACT (with Sub Scores) 35, E-35/R-36/S-33/M-35

My school messed up big time. They did not send my class rank until today. Anybody know how rolling admissions for TAMU work? My rank was just sent today.

did anyone answer about the housing question about the timestamp?
Once the $75 is paid but the rest of the steps after that (like the LLCs etc) are NOT done, is it at least time stamped for order or do we need to complete the entire thing ?

Another question about tasks to complete after admission… We must decide on the type of tuition plan. If I understand this correctly, we choose the normal tuition amount plan (which can go up each year) or a type of guaranteed tuition plan that stays the same for 4 years, but is generally higher initially. Is this correct? Anyone have any insight on which plan they’ve chosen in the past, and why? I am generally a ‘play it safe’ kinda person, but I don’t want to pay more than necessary!

My son was accepted to Mays Bus college on 9/19. He was an auto admit to TAMU; SAT 1380 and applied 7/23. His buddy was admitted into Engineering on 9/21. He was an auto admit with 1425 on SAT.

Already admitted to engineering?
Or just admitted and under engineering review?

I wasn’t aware they were admitting engineering yet

When did you apply: 7/9
When did you receive your admission decision: In Review
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: Mays
Class Rank: 248/497
SAT: 1300, 710 Math and a 590 reading/writing
GPA: weighted 4.33, Unweighted 3.34
What do y’all thing my chances are, i am a legacy and i have internship and work experience but ik class rank is bad Thank you!!!

can anyone explain what tabs are lol

@jk3287 , On the Howdy portal, before admittance, most applicants had three tabs: Home, Applicant, and My Howdy. As it got closer to admittance day, which was Thursday for many applicants, the three tabs changed to six tabs with the addition of My Record, My Finances, and Student Life. Getting six tabs was an indicator that an admittance was coming.

@jk3287 review applicants have very little chance for Mays. Mays takes 1000 freshmen each year and the school is full by Mid November, by the time the first review applicants admission decisions are released.

I too have heard, and read here on CC where an applicant talked with a Mays recruiter and admissions person and was told by both that each “thought” Mays held about 20%/200 spots for very competitive review applicants but offered no specifics when pressed or would absolutely confirm it. Everything on the Mays 2019 Enrollment Plan states it is all first come, first served.
http://mays.tamu.edu/undergraduate-enrollment-plan-2016-2018/

You still may be accepted into the Uni as a review applicant and placed in your second choice major

I’ve talked with Mays specifically and they do not hold open spots for review. They can’t. If an auto admit or academic admit wants Mays… they get Mays. If 1000 Of those are filled before review admits then it’s done. They cannot deny autos for review. Wouldn’t make sense unless they went the engineering route and reviewed every applicant once accepted.

how do we properly send letters of recommendation? I have had some people tell me that we upload ourselves on AIS My Documents tab, other say the Howdy tab (I couldn’t figure out where on there) and others say that the teachers have to send themselves somehow. Anyone know for sure?

Ds had his teacher e-mail him the letter of rec, and he uploaded it in AIS under My Documents.

Another question. I uploaded my resume today, but I don’t see it in my documents list. Does it take a day or two to show up or should it be there right away. I don’t want to accidentally upload the same document twice.

Anybody who’s applied for housing - how does it work? Do you sign up for a specific dorm/roommate situation? Thanks!

@futurevett you register and pay deposit (non refundable). You can select the dorms you’re interested in but that means absolutely nothing. And I mean nothing. You’ll get a time for housing selection in April/May. Then at that time you will go see what’s left and make selection.

@futurevett , in the Howdy portal, select housing, and select myHousing Portal. Complete the application, pay the $75, and sign the contract. You input your dorm preferences, but actual dorm and roommate assignments don’t happen until next year. There are two short essay questions (100 - 250 words) if applying for the Living Learning Programs. If you want to participate in the Roommate Finder process, then there are additional inputs required for that.