TAMU Class of 2023 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

@annabananalm , or anyone else who knows! So how do you know what is “incomplete” on the application? Her portal just says Application Status: Incomplete
How do we know what is missing?

@TXRunningMom On her AIS, it should have a chart with items required for application (such as high school transcripts, class rank, etc.) and the red x are the ones missing. Usually it is the high school transcripts that students are waiting on for their applications to show “complete and in review”. Make sure your daughter has her high school send them. It usually takes a week or so for A&M to process the transcripts after receiving them; call if it takes longer. Good luck!

@trish02 , thank you so much! She found it…the high school counselor didn’t sent her class rank and that is what is missing.

For Daughter:
When did you apply: July 24
When did you get your UIN: July 25
When did you receive your admission decision:
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Yes
Major/College of Choice: Computer Science
Class Rank: 1/36
SAT (with Sub Scores) 1550
ACT (with Sub Scores) 36
HOWDY Y’ALL!

For ds:
When did you apply? July 22
When did you get your UIN? July 24
When did you receive your admission decision?
Are you an auto admit or academic admit or review admit? Academic Admit
Major/College of Choice? Business/Mays
Class Rank? N/A
SAT 1380 - 680 EBRW/700 Math

I can’t believe my son just applied to COLLEGE!!!

For those of you from schools who “Do not rank”, what are you doing about the portion of the application that says “Class Rank”? My daughter’s application is incomplete in the AIS because of that part. Everything else, like the transcript, is checked marked.

My son’s AIS has a check mark by class rank. His transcript indicated that his school is nonranking. He is homeschooled.

My son is from a non ranking school and Tamu ranked him in the 1st quarter. It appeared in the AIS portal 2 weeks after the transcript was submitted.

For everyone that is worried about decisions or engineering decisions. I was in your boat last year. I am an incoming freshman for engineering at tamu. I didn’t think I was gonna get in and I didn’t think I was smart enough. That was far from the truth. I was too 8 percent, however my sat score was subpar and was in the 1200’s. Not only did I get into the engineering college after applying last minute, I was offered honors. I denied. Also every engineer takes the mpe at a&m, and half failed and thankfully I did not. Don’t underestimate yourself. Have confidence and apply early!!! Also research lots of orgs your senior year I found a perfect one for me (Christian engineering leadership) and a perfect roommate.

I will actually be applying this week as an international I just wish to know if WES evaluations are a must… based on their parameters on the webpage I get a 4.0 GPA but I don’t think that I can get the evaluation done. Will it make a difference? I have 81.2% in grade 12 Indian Curriculum (CBSE). I also self prepped for AP Calc BC, Phy 2, Phy C mech and got a 5, 5, 4 respectively. 800s on SAT Math 2 and Phy. and 1470 on the SAT (720 R 750 M). I also have 250+ Social service hours. Can I get in for Aerospace? I have done a few pet projects as well. I am very anxious right now. I hear they give competitive scholarships to internationals too and that people can qualify for in state tuition. What are my odds? My head is just going to burst waiting. Please help…

You will definitely be admitted to the university and shouldn’t have any issues getting into the engineering program. All freshmen engineering students are admitted under general engineering and not into specific majors. Near the end of freshman year you would then apply for entry to a major (ETAM). If you have completed the required classes and have at least a 3.5 gpa you will be guaranteed your first choice of majors. If you are below a 3.5 you will be competing for spaces in that major.

For Son:
When did you apply: Early Auguust
When did you get your UIN: August 15
When did app become complete: August 24
When did you receive your admission decision:
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Review Admit
Major/College of Choice: Business
Class Rank: 124/793
SAT (with Sub Scores) 1340 (Retaking SAT on 8/25)
ACT (with Sub Scores) 690 Reading & 650 Math
Miscellaneous: AP Scholar with Honors
Leadership: Student Council President, Student Senate, NHS Officer

@TAMUprospect11 My son is in CEL and it is a wonderful organization.

I am back for another round of stressful waiting. My son was admitted to A&M and will begin his freshman year in Engineering. Now my daughter is applying but I’m worried. Her stats are not as good as her brothers. Do you
know if A&M is easier on siblings admittance? I’m just wondering if they will look at her scores more favorably since her brother is already an Aggie.

@GManmom123 Unfortunately, they will not take her brother being an Aggie into consideration for her admissions decision.

For my daughter
When did you apply: 8/5/18
When did you get your UIN:8/7/18
When did you receive your admission decision: Waiting
Are you an Auto-admit or Academic Admit or Review Admit: Review
Major/College of Choice: Visualization
Class Rank: 318/793 (40.1%)
SAT (with Sub Scores)
ACT 28 (with Sub Scores) Math-29, English-27, Reading-29, Science-26

8 AP classes, AP Scholar with Honor, NHS, Model UN. Working on GS Gold Award (Has Silver and Bronze), National Art Honor Society. Attended Visualization summer camp at TAMU two years. Decent number of service hours.

Accepted to SCAD (Savanah, GA) and SHSU. Waiting on UTD. (Only applying to schools with animation programs).

Tweet from the official @ aggiebound twitter account 3 hours ago, states the first round of #TAMU23 acceptance letters will be released mid-September.

If I remember correctly, those will be for the Auto Admits.

I’m getting concerned; last year at this time I noticed that many people had the 6 tabs in Howdy, a precursor to acceptance.

My son is an auto admit, and he still doesn’t have 6 tabs!!

Does anyone else already have 6 tabs on Howdy portal?

Cannonmom: I would be happy to tell you if my son has 6 tabs, but not sure what this means. If you tell me where to look, I’ll let you know. My son is also auto admit and applied in July.