TAMU Class of 2023 - Admission Decisions/Discussion

@TXRunningMom @fatherof2boys My son spoke with admissions at A&M as he also applied to 2 other schools (UT Austin and USMA West Point). They said that it is acceptable to sign up for NSC and housing as long as you are willing to lose the NSC cost and housing application fee if something changes. Also, on housing it must be cancelled by May 1st, or another fee will be tacked on if he changes his mind. So I guess it’s to each their own on how certain they are and if they are willing to gamble the fees.

@TXRunningMom @Range375 We are as certain as you can be that he will end up being an Aggie. Before he submitted his app to UT, he sent it to a former UT admissions officer who offers to do a free evaluation. So my son sent his resume, essay A and copy of his test scores. The former UT admissions officer (you can easily find this guy on the internet) told my son that he would not get into McCombs because of his rank and he suggested he consider seeking admission to UT as liberal arts or communications major. My son considered this for a couple of days and he eventually told me that the most important thing for him was the major, not the school. (In fact, his backup plan if he did not get into Mays was either Tech or UH business programs.) He still decided to submit the app to McCombs since he had already worked on it during the summer, but we already know what the outcome of that process will be. He’s ecstatic that he got into Mays and looking forward to studying a major that he has real passion for. I’m just happy that he will be able to do that at a flagship school because I know how fun and exciting college can be.

@cannonmom Regarding AP credits: https://testing.tamu.edu/TestingServices/media/Media/PDFs/AP.pdf

@fatherof2boys , sounds solid then! Thanks to the others for the input about NSC. Congratulations on being an Aggie! It must be nice to have a decision already in October!! I’m afraid we may be still deciding in April in our household…,

Congrats to all the new Aggies! ???Has anyone out there being an academic review for engineering received acceptance into engineering yet? All the excitement has us hoping for a sooner than December/January acceptance for those in the academic admit??.

@2019MomHP Super helpful! thank you so much!

@BB1724 Yes, my review-admit son was accepted to Engineering today. We were expecting Nov/Dec timeframe. Good luck to you!

Congrats to your son! Thanks so much! Was he an auto admit or academic admit?

@BB1724 He was technically a review admit; however he was very close to being an academic admit. His SAT was 1370 (770M/600R).

Thanks so much! And congrats again!

My son was admitted to Mays yesterday as a review candidate. We were so suprised and thrilled at the early decision! He had decent stats and improved his ACT recently to a 27. He will be joining the Corps of Cadets as well. Best of luck to your son!

@Newaggiefamily Congrats! My son just got in too and will also be in the Corps. Exciting times ahead !

@Newaggiefamily what was your son’s rank? Just curious

In the past three admission cycles, this is the earliest that review admits have received an admission decision.

In reading the TexAgs forum where an Admissions Officer responds to questions, I read a response today (that was from Sept) that stated the following in regards to Mays.

"The first acceptance letters are going out now - mostly top 10 and Academic Admits. Although some review applicants may get offers this fall, most likely most of them will find out later. A&M hopes to finish the review process by March.

https://mays.tamu.edu/undergraduate-enrollment-plan-2016-2018/ is where Mays discusses change of curriculum. It is very competitive and they show all the details on their link.

CONGRATULATIONS to all of the review admits to MAYS! It is great to see review applicants having a shot getting into the business school.

Top 14%. He had a variety of extra curricular and volunteer activities including officer positions in DECA, state awards and national competition. That may have helped get him into Mays.

@AggieMomhelp I replied to you but I think I may have done it wrong. I’m brand new to this and still learning.

@AggieCorpMom2023 congrats to your son! Mine will be spending the night with the Corps on Nov 15th. He went in the Spring too. He’ll be trying a different unit this time and hoping to go to the game on the 17th if we can get tickets. We will be burning up the road between Ft. Worth and College Station for sure next year!

@Newaggiefamily my niece is a senior in the Corp. if you have any specific questions, let me know. Happy to help.

After I submit my application through ApplyTexas, A&M should email me with my UIN right?

Also, since I applied now in October, do I still have a chance for my admission decision to be released in November or would I have to wait until next year?

@Newaggiefamily
My son attended an event this summer and then overnight in September and was hooked ! Seems to be a great fit for him. What a great adventure and time of growth they have ahead !!! My son has narrowed it down to wanting an Army unit and really liked the guys he stayed with in September. Will be fun to see how it all works out ! Good luck to your son !!!